Hello A-giau and welcome aboard :-) I read your rant. What is holopedia? maybe you could use a Bot to do the job of importing its articles. I've seen that you have added the minnan wikipedia to the list on Wikimedia Embassy - would you like to act as ambassador for it? then move it to the upper section (there doesn't have to exist a local embassy page, people to contact are more important) --Elian 23:28, 6 Jul 2004 (UTC)
That army arguably speaks the language in question more than the official language of the state. Sigh. -- Kaihsu 11:05, 8 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- That's likely the case. Historically the Army -- in many places -- has been a tool for the state to strengthen its official language ideology. Certainly in the past many young Taiwanese men honed their Mandarin skills for the first time in the Army, whereas before they had been exposed to it in school but for the most part saw no need to use it outside of the fence. A-giâu 22:44, 8 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- The impression is perhaps the other way around in recent years: When a cadet speaks to a senior officer, certainly Mandarin would be used; but when sitting in the barracks drinking, the language in question is applied. The first phrases a non-native speaker picks up are usually not the cleanest, and there are plenty of opportunities to apply these in the Army.
A bot may be a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. -- Kaihsu 11:05, 8 Jul 2004 (UTC)
Some "minnan" interwikis still need to be fixed?
I have found some here and there, and changed to zh-min-nan. Somebody deleted one recently (on "nds", I think), probably out of ignorance, so I left a note explaining that the above change is usually all that is needed. Maybe you should try to find all the minnan refs and fix them, sooner rather than later. Kind regards. Robin Patterson 06:34, 26 August 2005 (UTC)
I address you as the ambassador of your wikipedia. Please notice the above project.
This project, more than other projects, will benefit from inter-wiki cooperation. Can you post a message regarding this project at your wikipedia village pump?
Thanks for your help, APH from the English wiki
Hello, A-yao here! I'm just telling you that the Min Nan Wiktionary is not listed in this List of Wiktionaries. Please explain the staff that it is an existing Wiktionary.
- Hi, it is listed under Wiktionaries, though not in the statistics chart. I'll ask someone to add it. My name is A-giâu, by the way. A-giâu 17:32, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks, btw, Chùn-hiàn has made the 200th article in Min Nan Wiktionary last May 19, the special article was ま. - A-yao
- Also, I made the 250th article on May 23, the article was person.
Dear A-giâu, we're looking for wikipedian press contacts in taiwan; are you available to help out with responses to press inquiries? Cheers, +sj | Translate the Quarto |+ 04:28, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
Trust in Wikipedia
this is Cathy from Hong Kong working on a research about trust on Wikipedia. I wonder if you would kindly contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org? I'd like to chat with you about Wikipedia of your language. Would you kindly drop me your email or IM (Skype, MSN, AIM or ICQ)? It wouldn't take more than ten minutes, but it would help enormously for us to understand the overall trust-based social landscape of Wikipedia. Thank you!
我在北京，IP地址124.205.*.*，运营商为北京市电信通。在今天下午2点（BJT）左右，我突然发现维基百科的所有语言版本都不能用https方式访问了，但所有其他维基媒体计划仍然能正常用https方式访问。用http方式可以访问中文维基百科的绝大多数页面和所有外语维基百科页面，不能访问中文维基文库、中文维基新闻。请把该情况及时报告给维基媒体基金会对外关系委员会，以便及时解决该问题。（O.O）（o.o）（V.V） 07:04, 31 May 2013 (UTC)