/archive1 -- /archive2 -- /archive3 -- /archive4 -- /archive5 -- /archive6 -- /archive7 -- /archive8 -- /archive9 -- /archive10 -- /archive11 -- /archive12 -- /archives13 -- /archives14 -- /archives15 -- /archives16 -- /archives17 -- /archives18
The first episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! With our guests Tochi Precious and Guillaume Paumier we talk about Knowledge as a Service. Find the audio podcast and a shortened video version on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 15:48, 13 April 2022 (UTC)
The 2nd episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! Our guests Erica Azzellini and Luca Piantá from Wiki Movimiento Brazil talk about “communitizing” strategy. Find the audio podcast and the video version with English and Portuguese subtitles on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)
The 3rd episode of WIKIMOVE has now dropped! In this new episode we talk with Kannika Thaimai and Ivana Madžarević about innovation and explore the opportunities created by the UNLOCK accelerator within our movement and beyond. Don't hesitate to react on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)
Check out our new WIKIMOVE episode about content and knowledge gaps in the Wikimedia projects with Lucy Crampton-Reid, Daniel Bögre Udell and Kiril Simeonovski!Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk)
Check out our new WIKIMOVE episode about mutual aid and peer support in our movement with Rebecca O’Neill and Jessica Stephenson and share your reactions on our meta page!Eva Martin (WMDE)
We launched WIKIMOVE six months ago, now it’s time to evaluate! Please share your feedback and ideas for improvement with us in this survey. Thank you for helping us improve WIKIMOVE! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:44, 31 October 2022 (UTC)
In our latest episode we receive Johnny Allegre and Natalia Szafran to discuss their ongoing hub activities in Asia and Eastern Europe and imagine what a movement of hubs could look like. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 13:54, 22 2022 (UTC)
In our latest episode we talk about growing communities with Anass Sedrati and Pepe Flores. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:42, 12 December 2022 (UTC)
Wondering what the movement strategy is about and how to contribute to it? Check out our newest WIKIMOVE episode! We answer questions from volunteers who recently joined the movement about the goals and the vision behind our strategy 2030 - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 11:06, 8 February 2023 (UTC)
Check out our latest about Abstract Wikipedia with Denny Vrandečić and Lydia Pintscher on our meta page! - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 12:31, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
Check out our latest about the Governance of Wikipedia with Florence Devouard and Martin Rulsch on our meta page! - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 12:16, 4 April 2023 (UTC)
Check out our latest about Decentralization with Claudia Garad and Guillaume Paumier on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:12, 11 May 2023 (UTC)
Hi Anthere! Love to share with the group in any manner that can be pleasant for everyone in the UG. I have read the existing work in the group and find it wonderful. Some time ago I tried an offline project in the Mexican state of Chiapas but it was not possible to carry it out a that moment. Hopefully, regardless of the Board election, I can learn more about this so I can work on it in my country. Best,--ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 19:07, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion
|Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion|
The Wikimedia sound logo contest is under discussion here, and your input on the talk page is appreciated: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Sound_Logo/Contest_proposal There will also be two video conversations on Friday May 27 @11:00 UTC and Tuesday May 31 @15:00 UTC, in case you want to chat live.
VGrigas (WMF) (talk) 00:04, 25 May 2022 (UTC)
Requête pour statut autopatroller
Salut @Anthere, s'il vous plaît, j'ai eu à rencontrer quelques difficultés sur mes quinze dernières modifications sur méta en essayant de renommer certaines pages pour rétablir leurs liens avec la page centrale du groupe d'utilisateurs. Mais j'ai rencontré quelques refus durant mes essais de renommage. L'autorisation s'est avérée limitée. N'est-ce pas possible de m'accorder le droit d'autopatrouilleur ?
Merci d'avance CapitainAfrika (talk) 23:29, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
- Mais.... ne suffit-il pas que tu fasses suffisamment de contributions pour pouvoir accéder à ce statut ? Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 20:44, 6 July 2022 (UTC).
Merci beaucoup sincèrement pour cet encouragement, oui je pense que je viens d'avancer, d'évoluer un peu considérablement avec mes Contributions après votre réponse.CapitainAfrika (talk) 11:03, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation
Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.
There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:
- Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
- Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC
To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!
Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.
--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)
Event Registration Tool: Demo and Invitation to Test
The Campaigns Product Team from the Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting two office hours to demo the new Event Registration Tool, and train organizers how to use it. In these office hours, you will learn how to:
- Create an event page in the new event namespace (as an event organizer)
- Enable registration on your event page (as an event organizer)
- Collect data on who registered for your event (as an event organizer)
- Register for an event on the event page (as an event participant)
You can attend one office hour or both, depending on your availability on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM UTC
- Session 2: Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM UTC
These events will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese, and Swahili. Note that Portuguese will be available on the 21st, but not the 23rd. We strongly encourage you to join and share your feedback on the tool. Your feedback will help us improve the tool so that Wikimedians can have a better event experience. To register, please reply to this email or sign-up to our page, by adding your signature.
IBrazal (WMF) (talk) 06:33, 18 July 2022 (UTC)
Campaign Product Team Office Hour - July 21, 2022
Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!
The Campaign Product Team will be having an office hour today, July 21, 2022 at 17:00 UTC via Zoom to demo the first release of the Event Registration Tool.
You may join the office hour using this meeting link.
We look forward to your participation.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:46, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
Intervention à WikiFranca
Le comité de programme de la WikiConvention a le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre intervention [ISA Tool : les nouveautés 2022] a été retenue. Le programme étant très chargé, nous vous demandons de bien vouloir restreindre votre conférence à un temps de 5 minutes. Les participants auront ensuite 5 minutes pour vous poser leurs questions. La convention aura lieu à Paris les 19 et 20 novembre. Merci de nous signaler votre disponibilité pour ces deux dates en répondant à ce message et en me pingant, ainsi qu’Adélaïde Calais WMFr.
Cordialement, Geugeor Georges (talk) 19:45, 25 July 2022 (UTC)
Campaigns Product Update #4
Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!
We are excited to share our updates:
- Event Registration v0
- We have successfully launched Event Registration tool V0 on beta cluster and collected feedback from the first batch of testers. This tool is part of a more comprehensive organizing solution, the Event Center, which hopes to support movement organizers. Through this registration solution, organizers can collect useful data on campaign participants and their needs while respecting participant privacy.
- Testing update. In our first round of feedback collection, testers were composed of different types of organizers around the movement with a language focus on Arabic, French, English, and Swahili communities. Most of the testers successfully created their test event registrations and signed up for a test event registration created by other organizers. Simple, easy to use, and aids in managing event participants were the common feedback we received from first-time users. In contrast, access and proper localization of the tool were the points for improvement identified. We are working on V1, which will include communication support and integration with the Programs and Event Dashboard. This will be released on Meta-Wiki soon. We hope to address accessibility during this launch and improve localization problems once the tool has been deployed in local wikiprojects.
- The tool is still available for testing on the beta cluster. Feel free to leave feedback on our project talk page or this form.
- Organizer LabLooking for a way to learn how to effectively organize around sustainability? Join the beta version of the Organizer Lab on WikiLearn to understand how to effectively organize a global campaign around sustainability and climate change! Applications are open from September 22 - October 19, 2022. The Organizer Lab will be a 9-week online learning experience from the end of October until mid December that prepares participants to obtain knowledge about the topics that they wish to create, a call to action for strategic knowledge gaps, as well as more generalized Wikimedia organizing and campaign/event design skills.
- Organizer Lab Information Session. We invite you to join our information session for the Organizer Lab on September 30, 2022 at 14:00 UTC via Zoom. Join this session!
- Organizer User Rights. We are reaching out to a pool of administrators from Arabic, French and Swahili communities to collect feedback on what is the best way to define organizer user rights, what privileges to give to community organizers, and what are the limitations of these privileges. Feel free to reach out to our product ambassadors or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to be part of these conversations.
- French Organizer
“I think that the platform will facilitate the process of promoting events and searching for participants”
- Arabic Organizer
The Campaigns Product Team
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:30, 21 September 2022 (UTC)
Notice of review of adminship
Hello Anthere. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2022. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before October 08, 2022. Kind regards, MF-W 11:55, 1 October 2022 (UTC)
#SheSaid Wikiquote Compain
Hello Anthere, it is possible to translate article from one language to another in wikiquote to participate for #SheSaid Compaign. Kindly identify me. Thanks Mohammad Murtaza Zaidi (talk) 08:42, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- @Mohammad Murtaza Zaidi: Hello. I see no reason why it would not be possible... go ahead ! Which language do you want to translate, and in which other languages ? 09:20, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
Women in Red in Namibia
Hello User:Anthere, It was really nice meeting you at the just-concluded WikiIndaba in Kigali. As we discussed about the project in Namibia on improving the information of Namibia Women in Red, I am looking forward to work with you in this together with User:Islahaddow and Candy Kholiwe and in future projects.
Kind Regards Martin Martin Hipangwa (talk) 16:28, 8 November 2022 (UTC)
- By the way @Martin Hipangwa:, whilst I am a very big fan of Women in Red, I still need to mention that the initiative Candy, Isla and I are involved in primarily, is not Women in Red, but is Wiki Loves Women. So whenever I help you, it will be under the banner of WLW. Not under the banner of Women in Red. Not a big deal, but mentioning it in case... Anthere (talk)
Thank User:Anthere. I Roger that!
Campaigns Product Team Office Hour - December 2022
Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!
The Wikimedia Foundation Campaigns Team invites you to join our upcoming office hours. In each session, we will introduce V1 of Event Registration Tool, so you can begin using it for real events on Meta-wiki.
In V1, the following new features will be includedː
- Support for the organizer to specify an event timezone
- Automatic confirmation emails after participants have registered
- Private registration: the option for participants to register and only display their registered username to organizers of the event and we will teach you how you can use it yourself.
Office Hour Sessions:
- 1st Session: December 5, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC via Zoom
- 2nd Session: December 10, 2022 @ 12:00 UTC via Zoom
These office hours will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, and Swahili. Email us @ email@example.com or sign-up here if you want to receive a reminder for this meeting.
The Campaigns Product Team
Mauvaise longueur d'article
Bonjour. Je suis désolé de dire que le calcul de la longueur de l'article était erroné. Ceux-ci sont désormais corrigés. Malheureusement, vous devrez mettre à jour les requêtes "Quarry" que vous avez publiées. J'espère que nous gagnerons samedi mais vous avez une bonne équipe. Merci. -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 01:04, 5 December 2022 (UTC)
Hi we are planning to organize a Les sans pagEs/Wikitechstorm in Switzerland (French part). We are looking for organizers and volunteers ! Here is an initial draft page that will be moved to mediawiki once I have enough edits to be allowed to do it (or someone else moves it). Please reply on our talk page here : Talk:Les sans pagEs#Wikitechstorm 2024
Natacha LSP (talk) 11:09, 5 December 2022 (UTC) Natacha LSP (talk) 11:12, 5 December 2022 (UTC)
This Month in Education: End of the 2022
This Month in Education
Volume 11 • Issue 10 • October–November 2022
- 2nd Latin American Regional Meeting on Education
- Adopting Wikipedia for Secondary School Students in Nigeria Classroom
- Celebrating 2022 Vibrance in Kwara State University Malete
- Celebrating the Wikipedia and Wikidata Birthday in school
- Report on school libraries in Poland for the Wikiteka project
- Wiki For Senior Citizens Network
- WikiEducation, Educational practices and experiences in Mexico with Wikipedia and other open resources
- Wikimedia & Education Workshops: a Wiki Movimento Brasil initiative
- An event at the National History Museum in Tirana
- Students 24-hour competition on Wikipedia article writing
- Wiki-Data a Giant at 10
- WikiGraphers: Visualizing Open Knowledge
- Wikimedia Israel’s Educational Innovation: “Students Write Wikipedia” as a Matriculation-Exam Alternative
- Wikimedia Morocco User Group Empowers Moroccan Teachers to Use Wikipedia in the Classroom
- Wikimedia Russia has released the "Introduction to Wikipedia" textbook
- “Wikipedia for School” contest was held in Ukraine for the third time
- Announcing the Wikipedia & Education User Group Election Results
This Month in GLAM: December 2022
This Month in Education: January 2023
This Month in Education
Volume 12 • Issue 1 • January 2023
- Educational Projects 2023-1 in Mexico
- Integration of Wikipedia in Ukrainian universities – teacher-led and student-led
- Transitional Justice in Kosovo edit-a-thon and Partnership with Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of Prishtina
- Wikidata Citation Hunt Program for secondary school students, Dubai
- Wikipedia edit-a-thon with students from Art Faculty - University of Prishtina
- Тeacher from Belgrade got a reward for using Wikibooks in teaching
This Month in GLAM: January 2023
We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit
Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).
Baserow was a tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.
You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 14:54, 16 February 2023 (UTC).
Open meeting right after yours
Editing is hosting an open meeting about their new mw:Edit check project that begins at 17:00 UTC on Friday, which I think is right after the first Africa Environment meeting (assuming your meeting is just one hour).
Editing is centering the experience of newer editors connected to Africa for this work. They hope that encouraging the addition of sources before publishing the change will result in fewer good-faith edits being reverted. This time, they want to talk about RecentChanges and watchlist work (e.g., when you're deciding whether to revert, what are you looking for in the diff?).
If it doesn't overlap with your meeting or interfere with your plans, would you mind encouraging people to join Editing's meeting, too? Here's the video conference link: meet.google.com/ska-sivy-vth (English only this time), and the rest of the details are at mw:Editing team/Community Conversations#3 March 2023.
Thanks for considering my request. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:06, 1 March 2023 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: February 2023
This Month in Education: February 2023
This Month in Education
Volume 12 • Issue 2 • February 2023
- A Strategic Direction for a Massive Online Course for Educators in Brazil
- Alliance Funding for Wikipedia as a school resource in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, New Zealand
- Call for Submissions to Wiki Workshop 2023
- Collaboration with Charles University on the creation of Czech Wikipedia started in January
- Open Education Week 2023 in the Wikimedia Mexico Education Program
- Wikiclubs with different schools in Albania
This Month in Education: March 2023
This Month in Education
Volume 12 • Issue 3 • March 2023
- Audio-seminar project of the Wikimedia Mexico Education Program
- Empowering Nigerian Female Artists: Through Art & Feminism Edith-A-Thon at KWASU Fan Club
- Exploring How Wikipedia Works
- Florida graduate students complete Library History edit-a-thon for credit
- Improving hearing health content in Brazil
- Media Literacy Portal to become a key resource for media education in Czech Libraries
- Wikeys in the Albanian language
- Wikimarathon is an opportunity to involve students and teachers in creating and editing articles in Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Polska short report
- Wikimedia Serbia participated in the State Seminar of the The Mathematical Society of Serbia
This Month in GLAM: March 2023
This Month in GLAM: April 2023
This Month in Education: April 2023
This Month in Education
Volume 12 • Issue 4 • April 2023
- Auckland Museum Alliance fund project update
- Introducing Wikipedia to Kusaal Language Teachers
- KWASU Fan Club Leads the Way in 21st Century Learning with Wiki in School Program
- On-line Courses for Educators in Poland
- Online meeting of Ukrainian educators working with Wikipedia – four perspectives
- Wikiclubs Editathon in Elbasan, Albania
- Wikipedia at the Brazilian Linguistics Olympiad
- Wikipedia at the University of Łódź Information Management Conference