/archive1 -- /archive2 -- /archive3 -- /archive4 -- /archive5 -- /archive6 -- /archive7 -- /archive8 -- /archive9 -- /archive10 -- /archive11 -- /archive12 -- /archives13 -- /archives14 -- /archives15 -- /archives16
- 1 WLA traduction page Commons
- 2 Orange fondation
- 3 Problème avec suppression de documents malgré mails
- 4 Happy new year 2015!
- 5 WLA Fashion and Adornments
- 6 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 7 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 8 Did you ever attend Wikimania with your money? Talk to us!
- 9 Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December
- 10 Notice of review of adminship
- 11 Copyright problem with File:WLA2015 Tanzania EngagementPlan.pdf
- 12 Could use your assistance, please
- 13 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 14 Grants:IdeaLab/Wikipedia African Academy 2016
- 15 Notice of review of adminship
- 16 Problème avec un fichier
- 17 #Love for african women (challenge)
- 18 Re:email
- 19 Re: User digest presentation at Wikimania
- 20 This Month in GLAM: April 2016
- 21 Survey on content curation & review Inspire Campaign
- 22 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 23 This Month in GLAM: May 2016
- 24 Wikipedia Primary School
- 25 This Month in GLAM: June 2016
- 26 This Month in GLAM: July 2016
- 27 African images
- 28 This Month in GLAM: August 2016
- 29 Notice of review of adminship
- 30 This Month in GLAM: September 2016
- 31 Announcing a new mailing list for Meta-Wiki administrators
- 32 This Month in GLAM: October 2016
- 33 This Month in GLAM: November 2016
- 34 Wiki Loves Africa site notice / for Algeria
- 35 Re:
- 36 This Month in GLAM: December 2016
- 37 Some old presentations
WLA traduction page Commons
par contre je constate que la traduction est loins d'etre finie dans les pages commons -- donc je continue a suivre la traduction; fr et arabe selon les cas j'ai laissé dans ma page discution des réponses pour toi bonne journée
-- c'est fait :)
pour la fondation reste a rediger un "about Fondation Orange" en fr et en en de ma part je traduit en ar
s'agit'il de ce lien ? http://www.fondationorange.com/
Problème avec suppression de documents malgré mails
J'ai trouvé votre contact sur https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Personnel
Je me permets donc de vous écrire car je suis un nouveau contributeur sur Wikipedia (fetebeaupont). J'ai écrit un brouillon (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Fetebeaupont/Brouillon). Malheureusement, plusieurs de mes documents ont reçu une menace de suppression si je n'obtenais pas les autorisations. J'ai envoyé un premier mail le 8 décembre avec le courrier type à "firstname.lastname@example.org." Après une semaine sans réponse, j'ai relancé avec un deuxième mail le 14 décembre.
Surprise, ce mardi, wikimedia m'indique que mes fichiers ont été supprimés car ils n'ont pas reçu de mail d'autorisation !
Voici les 4 fichiers :
Pouvez-vous m'aider ? Que dois-je faire de plus ?
Sur le forum, un utilisateur m'indique qu'il fallait que je vous contacte suite à ce problème.
En vous remerciant d'avance,
Happy new year 2015!
WLA Fashion and Adornments
I am seyi, currently working as a finance fellow under Garfield at the foundation. If you have not seen it, here is a link to the project I have been working on with the foundation for the past 8-9 months (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chapter-wide_Financial_Trends_Report_2013) I attended your talk at Wikimania and was very excited about the opportunities currently available in Africa, I am Nigerian and I have been looking for a way to be actively involved in the movement from my region.
I would like to join the current WLA project as Africa and Fashion (being a designer myself) are of keen interest to me. I also have an addendum proposal for an IEG that I will like to discuss with you. How can I reach you privately to discuss this matter further. Thanks for your time :). —Seyi Olukoya 05:51, 31 July 2015 (PT)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Did you ever attend Wikimania with your money? Talk to us!
TL;DR: Fill a short Wikimania survey, it takes 5 min.
Hi, I'm writing you because you are listed in Wikimania/Frequent attendees. As you probably know by now, Wikimania 2016 Esino Lario wants to achieve a Wikimania format which allows people to "get things done" and leave the conference fully satisfied with the result of their investment of time and other resources (see pillars 2 and 4: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario/Pillars ). For this purpose, we consider all audiences (see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario/Program#Target ).
Participants other than scholarship recipients and reimbursed representatives are one group we heard very little from, but we think they are important because: 1) they have financial resources and help make the Wikimania budget sustainable; 2) they have motivation to share and ideas on what makes Wikimania valuable.
We set up a form mainly to collect names of some such people and talk with them later: if you provide your contact, we may write you on this topic. We may release aggregate data from the resposes; data will be handled by us and the Wikimania 2016 fiscal sponsor "Ecomuseo delle Grigne" (under EU law). Please fill the whole form, it's short!
Feel free to forward this invite to anyone.
Federico Leva and Martin Rulsch
Wikimania 2016 team, scholarships subteam
08:30, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnumwikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation
Notice of review of adminship
Hello Anthere. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2015. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before October 09, 2015. Kind regards, MF-W 03:57, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
Copyright problem with File:WLA2015 Tanzania EngagementPlan.pdf
Thank you for uploading File:WLA2015 Tanzania EngagementPlan.pdf. However, it currently is missing information on its copyright status. It may be deleted soon, unless we can determine the license and the source of the file. If you know this information, then you can add a copyright tag to the image description page.
If you have uploaded other files, consider checking that you have specified their license and tagged them, too. You can find a list of files you have created in your upload log. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them at this page. Thanks again for your cooperation. Stefan2 (talk) 23:49, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
Could use your assistance, please
I saw your name on the Wikipedia Embassy list, hence this email. We have an issue concerning | Pierre Balanger on the BLP board. An editor has placed in highly questionable content about him in his article and sourced it to two online publications written in French. Althought Google translate does a fair job of translating, it would be better for a native French speaker to look at the article and verify that it says what the editor stated, second, to insure that the magazines (sources) themselves are not known as tabloid magazines as well. You expertise would be appreciated, just follow the link above for more details.
- I answered. Short summary : sourced and relevant. Sources are perfectly fine. Anthere (talk) 17:37, 11 February 2016 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Grants:IdeaLab/Wikipedia African Academy 2016
Notice of review of adminship
Hello Anthere. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/April 2016. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before April 08, 2016. Kind regards, Barras talk 15:24, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Problème avec un fichier
Bonjour, j'ai téléchargé cette illustration File:Stratobus artiste.jpg mais elle a été mentionnée avec informations insuffisantes. J'ai demandé aux créateurs de me faire parvenir un mail avec mention de la licence Commons adéquate. Ce qu'ils ont fait. J'ai transmis ce mail le 8 avril à l'adresse indiquée. Depuis je n'ai pas eu de réponse ni d'accusé de réception. Sur un article, j'ai lu que le délai pouvait être très long (71 jours) mais que je pouvais contacter un Utilisateur dévoué pouvant accélérer la procédure. C'est vous que j'ai choisi. Que pouvez-vous faire ?--Kasos fr (talk) 07:01, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
#Love for african women (challenge)
Coucou à vous (toi) ! Je reviens à la charge concernant mon projet que je mets sur les rails, aujourd'hui ! Ce sera la chalenge #Love for african women (ça se passera ici). Je viens de créer la page (il me reste beaucoup à faire avant de lancer le chalenge). Peut-être t'intéressera-t-il ? L'idée est d'inciter les participants à créer, sur 52 semaines, 54 articles (un par pays Africain) sur une femme africaine. Peut-être accepteras-tu de corriger mon anglais et de faire quelques suggestions. Je suis preneur (tu sembles plus expérimentée que moi). Ne t'inquiètes pas, une fois créé, je piloterai le projet. Voilà, je ne fais pas long car tu ne réponds pas à tous les messages ici !Hop, hop ! Sg7438 (talk) 11:46, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- Grrrrrrrr mediawiki. I am not sure I have your email. Can you drop me a message at fdevouard ééé anthere.org ? Thanks Anthere (talk)
- Hi Anthere. Sorry for the delay (vacation/wikibreak). Unfortunately, I won't be attending Wikimania this year. And I'm not sure who else from the Foundation to recommend... not sure who's going. But if you're still looking for someone, I can ask around. Best, Jmorgan (WMF) (talk) 19:57, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: April 2016
Thanks for your participation in IdeaLab during the Inspire Campaign focused on improving content curation & review processes from February to March 2016. I'm interested in hearing your feedback about your participation during campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.
Immediate results of the campaign can be found here. Please feel free to review them and let me know if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
This Month in GLAM: May 2016
Where is the best place to discuss Wikipedia Primary School? I don't see any page at English so is it just at meta? I still can't figure out what the project is intending to do. It has identified a number of key basic articles that seem to be part of any primary school curriculum but I don't know if the goal is then take the primary schoolbook material into those articles (hence the expertise I presume) or use the articles for the material or what. -- Ricky81682 (talk) 08:06, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: June 2016
This Month in GLAM: July 2016
Hi. I honestly think there was a misunderstanding on the contest proposal page Anthere and Rosie is the type who would greatly support and approve of what has been achieved to date. Belting was not intentional I'm certain, so let's move on from that.
- All right.
Anyway, on the images, Agree completely on this, We badly need to increase African editors and images created within Africa. A few years back I proposed that Wikimedia supports a globalized https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geograph_Britain_and_Ireland which would allow people to photograph their own village etc and photograph the entire planet geographically. I believe at one point Geograph were planning on merging with us It has been extremely productive for British villages and landmarks. If you would like to see this made global and people in Africa encouraged to photograph their communities let me know. You seem like you'd have good contacts as a former chair of the Board of Trustees, so can we try to garner support for a global photographing project which would benefit Africa too?
- I think what you describe already exist. It is https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Africa. Why would not you join to help ?
- Honestly, I think that your desire to do things is great. But you have not taken the time to simply explore what is currently done. By chapters, by UserGroups, by regular wikipedias. You did not explore the context so it is not surprising that you bruise your peers on the way.
As for increasing African participation, I think if we could find more funds injected into Africa we could potentially run a scheme in which we help out African students with university grants in return for writing for wikipedia. One big prize to perhaps pay for course fees for a year or something might work. I know Jimbo said a month or two back he'd support $1 million of WM funds going into African education. Anyway, I understand your doubts and dislikes, but please work with me on this as we can really start to change this with the right funding and contacts. If you were involved in the Wiki women drive, I'd like to thankyou, Merci!Dr. Blofeld (talk) 10:36, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you. Just for the record, Jimbo is Jimbo and what he says does not always come true. I am not very excited at the prospect of paying people to edit, as it comes along a whole bunch of issues. The role of WMF is not to support African education, it is to preserve our global asset, facilitate its growth, facilitate its reuse and lead the way on a bright and probably disrupting future. I'd rather WMF spend a few millions on disrupting technology that would make us climb next step than spending it paying course fees of Africans in exchange of new articles. I am not very excited either with the idea of a big monetary price for a contest. We want people to get excited and feel good about writing. The first goal should be to enjoy being together. I am a bit perplex as well as to how to give a big prize to an author of an article when our whole concept is carved upon collaboration and multiple people writing the article together.
- You've got the wrong idea on the prize winning, see this for example. The funding would be split into smaller prizes, which any contributor could reasonably win on any one day by destubbing/improiving the most articles. It gives everybody a chance to win, so the idea that just one editor would get $1500 and the rest nothing isn't true. And that's the very reason I created this 10,000 series, I know what motivates people to produce and get excited about contributing, as I agree that's really what we want to achieve!Dr. Blofeld (talk) 07:42, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- However, to be on a positive note, here is a proposal to you. Reuse percentage of images following photo contests (Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth) are often quite low. Either because the article where the image would fit does not exist at all, or because no-one has given energy to try to "link" current articles with relevant images on Commons. Can you imagine a mean to change that ? Why not a challenge with a goal to "categorise properly and integrate pictures obtained from African photo contests into great articles about Africa", based on the pictures collected by the three main photo contests running in Africa (Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves Africa and Wiki Loves Earth). Does that raise your interest ? Anthere (talk)
Yes I agree, of course, it is not WM'S goal to pay people to edit or be involved with African education. But I do think we need an incentive to bring in hundreds of new editors and find something which will motivate people to produce content. Substantial prizes do work I think, but we do have to be careful to avoid the "paid editing" stigma. I think for this we'd split the finding into smaller prizes anyway. I do think long term we need to contact educational institutions, particularly language schools and see more translating being done to benefit the African wikis. I think the Wiki Loves Africa is a great scheme, and I apologize if I haven't been fully update on recent developments. If there is a problem with categorization in the commons, and work badly needed for that, sure, why not propose a contest to get those photos categorized?
My approach to this really doesn't mean I'm trying to "save" the situation or am trying belittle the work alreayd done to date. I'm not American either ;-) BTW, if you're concerned that I'm invading turf or trying to belittle the efforts you and Isla have achieved to date I've left this message. You have experience lecturing in Africa I believe. You, Isla and anybody else is welcome to take the responsibility for running these regional African contests and the 10,000 drive for Africa. I would show you the points system and how the British ones work and then they can be run. I think we really need more funding going into development on these as Africa overall is really one of the weakest areas of the project, and we need something which is going to cover the entire continent.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 07:12, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
Take a look at what has been achieved with the British one . The majority of the content from that was produced from just two regional contests for Wales and The West Country. We've got nearly 100 Good articles out of it too and hundreds of core articles improved which would likely have never been improved otherwise. In total about 1800 articles now including stubs in just a few months. The same mechanism with prizes would be applied to Africa with five regional contests and to fuel reaching the 10,000 goal. I can see that you have the tendency to see the negative aspects on things first, but there's nothing negative about what has been achieved with the UK in just a few months, and it should be scaled to other countries like France, Germany and Italy and Africa too. Obviously eventually we hope there are enough contributors to sustain national drives for countries like South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt etc, but we have to start from somewhere. It really motivates people to produce content they might otherwise not produce. One of the hardest things to do on wikipedia is to motivate people to cleanup and develop poor stubs and bloated articles. The points system and prizes directly provides a mechanism for that, and I think it's what we need for developing a lot of the poorer articles we have across the African continent. Dr. Blofeld (talk) 07:24, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
I've withdrawn my Africa proposal. If you're still interested in this and you and Isla might be able to run them we can repropose it later but I've not been impressed with the hostility I've faced in trying to help here.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 15:33, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- user:Dr. Blofeld Gosh, I have not been there for 24 hours. Looks like stuff happened in the meanwhile, but I have no idea what... weird. Well... I had a long and tough day and must get up very early tomorrow. Will answer and comment tomorrow. Anthere (talk)
- Check your main wikipedia user talk page, I'm thinking of a general destubbing one instead, and I'd like you and Isla to hold my hand as I launch it.;-) You're invited to be a lead coordinator of it, and you can even get French wiki in on it too if you like. Seriously though, I do respect what you've achieved to date, and I want your full support on this, and no negative comments!Dr. Blofeld (talk) 07:12, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- Ok; I thank you deeply for this User:Dr. Blofeld. I appreciate and accept the apology.
- For the email... I actually see the notification and the first few words of the message in the notification system on the English Wikipedia... but no email in my mail box. I have noticed several times that the email system actually often does not work, so it does not really surprise me at all (several times, I sent email to users who told me they got nothing). If you have a copy of this email, please sent it again at fdevouard ##@#@ anthere.org Thanks. I am leaving home in a few hours and will be away for 3 days for family issues. Do not take it personally if I do not answer. Anthere (talk)
This Month in GLAM: August 2016
Notice of review of adminship
Hello Anthere. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2016. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before October 18, 2016. Kind regards, MF-W 01:15, 11 October 2016 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: September 2016
Announcing a new mailing list for Meta-Wiki administrators
As a regular administrator on Meta-Wiki, you're allowed to subscribe to the recently created metawiki-admins mailing list. This is a closed mailing list for announcements, asking for help and discussion between Meta-Wiki administrators. If you wish to subscribe, please fill the form at this page and then contact Savh or MarcoAurelio via Special:EmailUser using your administrator account so they can verify the authenticity of your request and address. You'll find more information on the mailing list description page. Should you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact any of us. We hope that this tool is useful for all.
Message sent to members of Meta:Administrators/Mass-message list. Please see there to subscribe or unsubscribe from further mass messages directed to the whole group of administrators.
This Month in GLAM: October 2016
This Month in GLAM: November 2016
Wiki Loves Africa site notice / for Algeria
Bonjour Flo, Bonne année pleine de joie et de belle surprises, j'ai deux questions : 1: Pour la notice en arabe / fr destinée à l'Algérie a qui je m'adresse ? 2: Pour les 2 plug wikifundi qui va les apporter a Accra ?
Hello Mohammed @User:Bachounda
Pour la première question... User:Seddon (WMF)
Pour la seconde... c'est moi. Bon par contre... j'ai réalisé que chaque bête pesait tout de même son petit poids. Donc je pense que je vais venir avec une boite par groupe et j'enverrais la seconde par la poste... A voir.
En revanche, je viens de vérifier le formulaire et... tu n'as pas fait de demande !!! c'est par là. J'en ai encore donc c'est pas forcément un problème, mais si tu ne demandes pas, tu n'auras rien ;) Anthere (talk) 17:04, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
Hi Anthere, sorry but you message, along with many others, got buried under a pile of messages/notifications. Crosswiki notifications overwhelmed my ability to dispatch them! As a general principle I block colocation facilities with low probability to be exitpoints of legit users plus hosting spammers/open proxies. This might bring to side effects which could be mitigated in various ways: softening the block, assigning GIPBE to users or whitelisting ranges locally. Having one of these ranges unblocked on a major wiki is not a big issue since they can self manage possible side effects.--Vituzzu (talk) 01:04, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: December 2016
Some old presentations
Hi Florence, quick thing regarding some old powerpoint presentations of yours. Right now, I've got 3 old powerpoint presentations that are being hosted via the Foundation website (  ). They aren't a problem, per se, but I'm trying to clean up our various domain document roots and standardize them (so one-off files like these are trying to be removed). I'm wanting to delete them, but wanted to check with you first. I can wait a bit too, to give you a chance to save them (could maybe convert to PDF and upload to Commons for the historical value?). Thanks! ^demon (talk) 18:38, 11 January 2017 (UTC)