User talk:AntonProtsiuk (WMUA)

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support[edit]

Globe of letters.png

Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)[reply]

She Did It[edit]

Thanks for helping with the coverage of Ukrainian women. In your lists based on Wikidata, all the women seem to be covered in the English Wikipedia. If you want to attract participation from those writing in English, you could include: Wikidata list of Ukrainian women missing in English. Hope all goes well with She Did It.--Ipigott (talk) 09:03, 6 October 2019 (UTC)[reply]

@Ipigott: Sure, thanks so much for the advice! --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 23:57, 7 October 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 submission[edit]

SARS-CoV-2 (Wikimedia colors).svg

Dear Anton,

On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission "Webinars with partners for professional groups and communities during COVID-19 quarantine" has been accepted as a lightning talk and it was scheduled for 14:15 (UTC) on Sunday, 4 October (see the draft schedule). If you have not yet registered for the conference, please follow the instructions on this page. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.

Best regards. --Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 17:57, 15 September 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month[edit]

Hello! I have participated in the Ukraine Cultural Diplomacy program, and i have only recieved one message from a wiki adminstrator thanking me for my participation. I have an email enabled on wikipedia, and i replied to the message, but i have not heard from anyone or recieved anything back. I understand how hectic a edit-a-thon can be, but I must inquire why I havent recieved or heard from anyone. Thank you for your understanding! --Happy glitter bookworm (talk) 11:30, 17 May 2021 (UTC)Happyglitterbookworm[reply]

Hi Happyglitterbookworm! Sorry for a delay in getting back to you, I've responded on your talk page. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 09:20, 2 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Any update on souvenirs?[edit]

Hello, hope you fine. I would ask about updates on prizes. I filled the form you have sent via email month ago but I didn't receive anything after that so I'll be grateful if you make the situation clear. MonRim (talk) 16:24, 22 May 2021 (UTC)[reply]

MonRim hi! Sorry for a delay in getting back to you. We've sent most packages, but we indeed haven't sent one for you yet. We'll do so in a couple of days, I'll contact you privately with more details. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 12:00, 31 May 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Hello, AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) I would like to ask if there are any updates about physical prizes as I filled the email from April, I'll be grateful if you make the situation clear. --Sandra HANBO (talk) 07:12, 2 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]
@Sandra Hanbo: hi! Sorry for a delay; we've already shipped your prizes, they are in transit. We'll send you an email with the tracking number soon (or it might have been sent already and stuck in the spam folder). --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 08:02, 2 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Thank, I am waiting for it. MonRim (talk) 15:45, 11 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi Anton, I didn't get the tracking number till now and I didn't know what is the fate of that souvenir. I am waiting your help. MonRim (talk) 10:35, 25 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Thanks[edit]

I would like to thank you and thank Wikimedia Ukraine for these souvenirs, I hope to stay in touch and make more connections in the future --Sandra HANBO (talk) 13:22, 12 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hello Anton[edit]

Can you write to me about tracking number or the number of package? MonRim (talk) 14:26, 4 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

  • @MonRim: hi! I'm sorry for a delay in getting back to you. We've sent your package a while ago, I emailed you the tracking number. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 15:37, 8 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Campaigns Product Update #1[edit]

Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers   

The Campaign Product Team

Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021 submission[edit]

Logo of Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021.svg

Dear Anton,

On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission "CEE Spring in Ukraine" has been accepted as a lightning talk, and it was scheduled for 18:05 (UTC) on Friday, 5 November (see the draft schedule). Considering that the conference will have language interpretation from English into Russian and vice versa, you have the choice between English and Russian as a language that you will use in your session. If you have not yet registered for the conference, please follow the instructions on this page. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.

Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 07:57, 21 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Thanks so much, Kiril! Do I have to specify the language of my talk beforehand? I plan on delivering it in English. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 12:05, 21 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]
No, it's not necessary because people can easily turn on the interpretation mode. Best.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 12:08, 21 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Campaigns Product Update #2[edit]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:

  • Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
Please share with us your feedback!
  • Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
  • Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.

What is next?

Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org.
Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.


Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:26, 28 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)[edit]

Hello!
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event
Creating Event Registration Registration Homepage

View full Registration Form


First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Participants Registration
Event Page Registration Side bar - Event Page - Campaigns Registration Wireframe.jpg


Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.



Feel free to share your feedback!

Feedback
Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:51, 25 November 2021 (UTC)[reply]

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)[edit]

Hello!
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event
Creating Event Registration Registration Homepage

View full Registration Form


First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Participants Registration
Event Page Registration Side bar - Event Page - Campaigns Registration Wireframe.jpg


Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.



Feel free to share your feedback!

Feedback
Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:15, 25 November 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Євровесна[edit]

Вітаю Antone хотів запитати як член оргкому, чи брали вже призи на Євровесну, бо на "Є" сьогодні протягом 2 з гаком годин знову та знижка 50 відсотків майже на все, яку ми прогавили на ФО, тож якщо не брали чи є можливість взяти на наступний рік, про всяк випадок даю вам посилання на найцікавіші книжки, переважно про європейських діячів різних напрямів, хоча не зі лише Сходу та Центру Європи :
Yasnodark, вітаю! Дякую за пропозицію. Ми уже закупили і розіслали призи за цьогорічну Євровесну, це історично сертифікати інтернет-магазинів (хоча вже індивідуальні отримувачі можуть обрати собі книгарню Є чи іншу і закупити ці чи інші книжки за сертифікати). На наступний рік поки ще не маємо підтвердженого бюджету і грошей на закупку призів. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 13:37, 15 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Я так і гадав, проте у березні чи раніше, коли будуть виділені кошти, треба буде повернутися до цієї теми. Хоча боюся, що коли піде навала пошукачів витратити Вовину тисячу, знижок вже не буде, та коли будуть згода і гроші в наступному році, треба буде ловити момент, може і вийде. Ви просто майте на увазі цю ініціативу. Чесно кажучи я в шоці від новинок українського нехудожнього книгодруку...--Yasnodark (talk) 13:45, 15 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Campaigns Product Update #3[edit]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
  • Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
  • Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
  • Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.

What is next?

Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.

Thank you!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:26, 22 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022[edit]

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.

Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

Date: March 31, 2022
Time: 15:00 UTC
Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320

You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.

Feel free to send a message to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.


The Campaign Product Team


MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:37, 30 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

in search of meaningfull identities[edit]

In front of the ukranian consulate in munich 20220328 133153.jpg

dear Anton, i found your wikidata account.
https://www.wikidata.org/?curid=65288749#P7400counter since autumn last year i added 5,000 links between LibraryThing and wikidata. i imported also works related to Ukrainian Literature in my "wishlist" colloction.
latest proposal for a meaningfull identity:
at Joseph Haydn (1732–1809) i added links at the unpersönlich lebt corner.
Jeder Mensch hat einen Namen every person has a name. translators are stepchilds. victims of the camps, gulags of repression, persecution, abuse, persecution, injustice, mobbing, social exclusion because of beliefe or cunduct are tretet as paria, inpure or lepros.
William Lanne (1835–1869) the last male Tasmanian was a victim of gebocide. Ernst Lossa (1929–1944) was a victim of the "euthanasia" murders of Handicaps people.


i would live to lecture / to report during wikimania 2022 about multi database paths suitable to collect information(s) about persons, organisations etc. multilinguism is a key issue, multiscript support is a requirement.
the involved sources used to identify identities change dynamicaly. both WorldCat and VIAF values refered in WMF Projekts (mainly the WP's and wikidata) are permanently changing. compilation, corrections and updates are no bot task. it requires the enthusiasm and the persistence of a community similar to one starten the mediawiki Translation at Betawiki iniciated by Nikerabbit (Niklas Laxström) around may 2005 [1].


what tools are needed to participate wikimania2022? what chatrooms are you using? during last year i only used sporadically fb calls at https://www.facebook.com/irelgnag . i will reactivate and promote LT group shmiletant.
what other contacts do you recommend to help and or participate on this subject? the event can be also a full period Workshop. based on LT tags and priorities of the participants a special Focus can be on Black Lives Matter, tolerance, dictatorship, peace, Menschlichkeit , Redlichkeit, Achtsamkeit, Rechtschaffenheit, others best regards ~~` 11:45, 13 May 2022 (UTC)