Thank you, I had a database error and had to restore the backups, this file however was not on the incremental backups. I'll pull yours and restore my link and leave it with yours. In that way, we will have redundancy. Cheers! NonvocalScream 20:03, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Sorry, but you added Limburgs variant to Ukrainian projects instead of the correct one. Please fix it. Thanks, — NickK 10:06, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
You have swapped some greek translations.
- MediaWiki:Centralnotice-plain_text_election_notice_nom-election-nom-text/el should be MediaWiki:Centralnotice-plain text election notice-election-text/el and vice versa.
- MediaWiki:Centralnotice-plain text election notice nom-election-nom-link-text/el should be MediaWiki:Centralnotice-plain text election notice-election-vote-text/el and vice versa.
- Thanks for your vote, for or against, and your constructive comments. Apteva 15:03, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, please could you make your bots ignore edits to Sandbox pages? mw:Sandbox shows up on #cvn-sw very often and I don't think that it's necessary as it doesn't matter if the Sandbox is vandalised. Thanks. GT5162 (我的对话页) 13:40, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- I beg to differ for various reasons, which I don't want to elaborate here. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 13:49, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, no. I can almost guarantee that the sandbox gets vandalized in a way that would need to be reverted from time to time. (i.e. Someone places a certain picture of the male anatomy, which takes up the entire screen and renders the sandbox unusable. :-P ) It would also require a re-write of the code..which is anything but easy. --Az1568 (talk) 20:09, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
This is wrong. It needs to go to the local copy of Special:SecurePoll for each wiki. That way the qualifications to vote are checked against the account's local activity. Redirecting everyone to Meta will only work for people that already have Meta accounts. Dragons flight 22:04, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- It was simply a placeholder. We don't have any easy way to link through to the local copy of secure poll via CentralNotice, as it only supports HTML and the script has no way of knowing the hostnames. I'm going to try playing with it more and see if there is anything I can do. --Az1568 (talk) 22:24, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- If it is true html, can't you just omit the site and the browser will load from the current site? E.g. <a href="/wiki/Special:SecurePoll/vote/1"> loads from here. Dragons flight 22:31, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Will you let me create an account on the WMF?
I did use the exact criteria, and you declined my requests. Please create an account for me! 188.8.131.52 02:32, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Except that none of it checks out and you have a history of past abuse on other wikis.. so my final answer is no. --Az1568 (talk) 04:14, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
Regarding : I had in fact checked wmf, and es was not in the article's languages template when I changed the status at 19:27 GMT. I was incorrect in assuming that a translation not included in the list of translations in fact wasn't there, but it seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time. (Besides, as long as it's hidden, how published it it really?) The history of the language template at wmf shows that you added Spanish at 21:47 GMT, just five minutes before you changed the status back to published (21:53 GMT), scolding me in the edit summary. Instead, you could have thanked me for making you aware you forgot to add Spanish to the BPLang template. – McDutchie 03:30, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you! Helder 20:28, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing my statement :) I was really wondering where that "of" came from in "take care of" :) --Millosh 23:41, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Protection on WMFACCOUNT
Hi there, back in April you protected this page with the rationale that only registered users are able to submit requests. However, it is sometimes useful for comments to come in from users other than those making requests (despite the page not being a community decision) and these could be anonymous, so given that we're not receiving any current abuse (which is why the page has been semi-protected in the past) I have unprotected, and thought I'd check that you were okay with this. Thanks. —Sean Whitton / 20:38, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Wrong centralnotice for Lower Sorbian
Hi Az1568, you published the wrong centralnotice for strategic planning for Lower Sorbian (dsb). You have used the Greek text (el) instead. Please correct this. Besides I reached an agreement with Casey that my translations of notices are not publsihed until I marked them as done although no other person will proofread the translation. I do this to have a time interval to sharpen my look for any errors I possibly made.
- Sorry, signature forgotten. --Michawiki 19:32, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Note about publishing translate from no-native speakers
Hi! Please be careful with the publication of the
translations from users who are not native speakers on target language (or do not claim to know this language). This translations may be inconsistency. Thanks ;) --Kaganer 13:29, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I'm asking that all new translations and updates to existing ones on that page are proofread before being marked as ready/published now. --Az1568 (talk) 18:23, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ohh: I checked of my links. Sorry for my incorrect interpretation of revision history comments :( I am wonder offended of User:Smihael. True history:
- --Kaganer 19:32, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Nothing is ready to be published or has been published, yet. I only updated them by removing the Wikimania section since Jay Walsh had removed it from our source on WMF wiki. --Az1568 (talk) 02:14, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Oh, okay sorry :) I thought that you posted the foundation wiki's version which should be updated.--ZaDiak 11:48, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
--Meno25 09:15, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Hello Az1568, can you please make CVNBot7 report again blocks & unblocks for es.wikibooks? - if there is a command I do not know it. Thank you. — df| 16:30, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
- Should be fixed, I think.. poke me again if it's not. --Az1568 (talk) 03:29, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Failing again :S. It worked for some days but seems broken again. It is not necesaire to report deletions, we are going to do a mass-cleanup and we will be flooding the channel. Thanks and sorry --Dferg 17:17, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
Wrong translation in sitenotice
- Fixed. --Az1568 (talk) 04:14, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Can I help?
I was wondering if I could help you out with the translation stu ff, I am not good with translatiting cuz even my native language is only NL-3 or something like that.
But I could help with moving translations to the wmf site or updating them, I don't know if you could use some extra hands.
- I think we've got it under control at the moment, but we'll be sure to keep you in mind if we need extra help. :-) Cbrown1023 talk 01:22, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
Mistakes in Support_Wikipedia/zh-hant
Also, both English and Chinese appear in some places, including "People and technology. Even though Wikipedia is one of the top 5 most visited websites in the world, we employ less than 30 people.", and "All gifts of $100 or more will be matched by Omidyar Network for a limited time. To learn more, click here.". Is that because you don't know where the links should be put? I can help you: "People" => 員工 ; "technology" => "技術"; "click here" => "請按這裡"
Besides, at the bottom right area, "click here." can be translated as "請按這裡。"
Last but not least, I am appreciated that HKD is used as the default currency on zh-hant donation page, just like the donation page last year. However, please update the amount options so that they are close to the amount in HKD: US$35 => HK$300 ; US$50 => HK$400 ; US$75 => HK$600 ; US$100 => HK$800.
Thank you very much. -- Kevinhksouth 06:53, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Kevinhksouth, thanks for pointing this out. Someone was supposed to have checked it and fixed those issues, but apparently they did not. I think I've fixed everything that you've pointed out, but could you look it over once more and make sure it sounds okay? I'd apreciate it. :-) --Az1568 (talk) 08:08, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
Left you a message over at Foundationwiki before I noticed you had done some fixes here, like this one. This should probably be "for alltid" however, because when adding messages like with "Knowledge Forever" this becomes in Norwegian now "Kunnskap For alltid" which is actually even worse than "Kunnskap For Alltid". Tricky to try to fix these things myself, since a) I don't really know how these various messages displayed with uselang no/nb are configured, and b) I gave up my sysop tools here at Meta. The latter could probably be fixed quite easily though ;) Best regards, Finn Rindahl 11:36, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
Translation in Galician for "other"
You've translated into Galician "other" to "otra" in this edit... and that's not correct. The right form is "outra". Could you correct it? Thanks! --Toliño Fala aquí comigo 18:36, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
mk page from foundation
Hello Az. I would like to have the Macedonian (mk) translation of this here published, as I've marked it as done. It may seem irrelevant to the present funraising, but I see that one of the messages (the one `Donate and put your name on the list` is used on the contributors' list of the current fundraising, but has no Macedonian translation, so the thing just sits there conspicuosly as an empty red wikilink on its Macedonian version on Foundation Wiki. It would be also great if you can also organise for it to be placed there. Thanks for the assistance. --B. Jankuloski 13:36, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
Custom quotes on German fundraiser
Hi Az1568, why exactly can we not use other quotes on the German fundraiser? Please note that these are real quotes pulled from the German chapter's donation list by WMDE officials. They come from the same cultural background as the average German speaker and IMHO work much better than the translated ones as those have a different cultural background. Is there a special reason why we cannot use the actual German quotes? Thanks and regards, --ChrisiPK (Talk|Contribs) 13:48, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, I think the problem was on our end...when we built the banners, we didn't realize the extent of the changes and didn't build them to accommodate the selected quotes. We definitely wanted translators to find quotes that made sense for their languages/culture. In short, it was a communication problem. Rand Montoya 17:24, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the deletion of my old user pages (Nja247). I was hoping you could consider my request made here. It's kind of hidden, thus I don't know if anyone will see it. Cheers, NJA 06:55, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for keeping the Fundraising Page on topic.
Your deletions are well taken and thanks for the reminder to stay on topic.--184.108.40.206 18:23, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
- No problem. Please remember to stay on-topic and to not make disruptive comments after your block expires. :-) --Az1568 (talk) 18:42, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
Please update incorrect Danish sentence
- Fixed. In the future could you please update the status to
|da |readywhen the translation needs republishing? Thanks! :-) --Az1568 (talk) 22:12, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
- Nothing. :-) My mouse got stuck and it clicked it for some reason. --Az1568 (talk) 20:49, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
Fundraising 2009/thank you/tr
Hi, Fundraising 2009/thank you/tr has already been proofread by someone other than the translator (me). But it is not published and status is reverted to "needs proofreading". Could you tell my the reason so maybe I can speed up the proofreading. Currently banner in tr-wiki is in Turkish while the link redirects to English version. İyivikiler... — [ho? ni!] 21:02, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hello homonihilis. Sorry, I think Az1568 thought it wasn't proofread since you were the only one who edited the page. Then we saw the talk page and realized that Vikiçizer had proofread it. :-) The translation's published now and the link on trwiki should update within 5-15 minutes. Cbrown1023 talk 21:11, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
Fundraising 2009/thank you/sk
Hi. Could you please fix one sentence in donate thank you page for sk? In parameter thankyou-title = should be:
| thankyou-title = Poďakovanie od zakladateľa Wikipédie, Jimmyho Walesa
Is it you?
I'm not sure if you are on the mailing list for Wikimedia Canada, so that's why I left you this message. You're previously involved in bid process for hosting Wikimania in Toronto. Right now we're forming a bid team for Wikimania in 2011. Would you be interested? OhanaUnitedTalk page 17:18, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
Template loop at foundation wiki
Hello Az1568. I noticed that the header template for be-tarask translation at the foundation wiki has a template loop -- wmf:Template:2009/Donate-header/be-tarask -- therefore the pages it is used in are displayed in a wrong way, like wmf:Thank You/be-tarask. Could you please fix it? —zedlik 22:55, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
- Fixed, sorry about that! Cbrown1023 talk 23:07, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
- No problem, thank you! —zedlik 00:31, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I'm the administrator of Azerbaijani Wikipedia (check). Please, help me to find the page of requests concerning interlanguage links. I want to ask to change the name of our language in interwikis from "Azərbaycan" to "Azərbaycanca". That's the common request of our users. Wertuose 13:14, 28 April 2010 (UTC)