Please remember to:
Re: IRC cloak
Hi, thanks for your message on my pt.wikisource talk page.
- That's how it should be. Cloak set to wikisource/555/Lugusto. Regards, -Barras talk 21:39, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
Translation admin rights
Hi Barras! Thanks for the rights.
- Thanks Aldnonymous, the cloak will be set then with the next batch. -Barras talk 08:54, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello. I created request through this form and sent message to wmfgc (nickname Iluvatar_). A week passed :). This is the normal time wait, or do I need re-send?--Iluvatar (talk) 08:21, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hello Iluvatar. I just looked at the queue and I see your request. You simply applied for the cloak just a few hours after I set the last bunch of cloaks and as of now there are only a very few requests there. I'm afraid you'll have to wait another few days to receive the cloak. -Barras talk 09:48, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
Request for feedback on my GSoC'14 proposal
I am planning to work on the project titled "Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content" this summer under Google Summer of Code. I have drafted a proposal for the same over the past few weeks. This project is going to help the translation adminstrators like you in a great way, as it would completely automate the tedious manual task of preparing a page for translation and then importing the translations into the Translate extension. You can check the proposal page for detailed information on how I plan to accomplish this.
As you would be an end user of this tool, it would be great if you could go through the proposal and provide feedback/suggestions. Your feedback would definitely help me improve the proposal as well help in creating an even better tool. You can do the same on the discussion page of the proposal or reply here, whichever is convenient for you. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you!
P.S: I need to submit the proposal to Google by March 19, 2014.
- Seriously? Is this your final form? PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:44, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Done. With the note that this is the last rename (well, it's also the first one here, the other accounts were simple new creations). -Barras talk 23:47, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Request for translation adminship
- Thanks a lot for your swift decision Barras. Kind regards! --WikiBronze [T] 17:58, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello!I'm sorry if I disturb you. I created the request for a cloak through this form and sent message to wmfgc (nickname Nastoshka). What should I do now? I've read that I must have a Wikimedia project account registered for at least three months, but this account has no more than 2 months. I had another local account before (from 2009) but I changed to this cause this is global. Is it nevertheless possible for me to have a cloak? I'm a xwiki contributor and active member of the Small Wiki Monitoring Team. Thanks for your time --Nastoshka (talk) 09:16, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- @Nastoshka: Please let me know what your username was. -Barras talk 14:04, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- My username was Moread and it was a local account for it.wikipedia.org and Now that page is a redirect to my actual account. See here to verify --Nastoshka (talk) 14:31, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Admin rights Dschwen
- Hello Dschwen, as any admin here you've to follow the official meta policies of which one is that admins need to show a certain level of activity to retain admin status on this project. You clearly failed to meet the criteria and have therefore been removed. I'm afraid you need to request admin rights via a normal RfA here on meta to get the bit back. Regards, -Barras talk 13:16, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Barras, please have a look at my RFA. I have a special limited admin status here, which is confined to one single page. The minimum activity requirement does not make sense for me. Cheers! --Dschwen (talk) 18:03, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Check , last line:
- Thanks for your consideration. The access to the WikiMiniAtlas scripts which are transcluded in many many projects is crucial for me. I need to be able to react quickly if modifications become necessary. I have been very busy with backend work on the WMA, transferring the server to Wikimedia Labs. Activity on the client side script here on meta will have to resume shortly when I actually switch over the active service to Labs. --Dschwen (talk) 19:18, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Firstly, sorry for the very delayed reply. I had some important real life issue to take care of this week which is why I didn't even had the time to read Mails nor to take a look at the projects here. Sorry for that, I usually reply much faster to issues! OK, I just reviewed the RfA. More important than Majorly's statement at the bottom is the actual closure statement of the closing bureaucrat, which was Daniel, see diff. A review there after one year is mentioned, but nothing about how to proceed then afterwards. Furthermore, with that kind of temporary adminship you were listed as normal admin and not as temporary admin on our pages, for whatever reason, this made me assuming you are a very normal admin. I will look at it a bit deeper, but with the closure statement I see no issue with the removal, however, I will look how to handle the situation and may ask fellow crats to weigh in on that problem. Regards, -Barras talk 07:25, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- No problem, I know exactly how real life issues, like switching to a new job, moving to a different state, and moving again from temporary housing into a house you just bought, living in a mess of unpacked boxes, dealing with contractors to get stuff fixed, can totally drain your time. That stuff just happened to me, literally just that very week, which was the reason I did not see and did not reply to the inactivity call. It is quite frankly a bit disappointing though that this issue is not simply fixed without much further ado. I have trouble seeing the problem here. I never used my adminship for anything other than maintaining my global script page. If anyone had listed me as anything more that would have been a misrepresentation of my status. This issue here is unfortunately causing me unnecessary grief, and is a bit of a timewaster. Time, that I'd much rather spend on development work, like I have done over the past few years. While I do appreciate you worrying about bureaucratic rules (I really do, as I am a crat on Commons) I find it frustrating when these rules are applied for their own sake, and not for the projects's benefit :-( --Dschwen (talk) 02:38, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
Global Account Rooke
I'm trying to clear up the account merge for the global account "Rooke". However there is a blocked account "Rooke" in en.wikipedia with not a lot of activity on it and flagged as "sock puppet". Is it prudent to ask you to merge this account with my de.wikipedia account of the same name?