Please remember to:
- 1 ... And new Message :)
- 2 IRC for User:Iwan Novirion
- 3 Globally unlock Newman2 for good
- 4 IRC Cloak
- 5 user name
- 6 Hi
- 7 IRC cloak
- 8 Cookies
- 9 IRC request
- 10 Hello
- 11 Checkuser
- 12 Bot to WL
- 13 You've got a mail
- 14 IRC cloak request
- 15 IRC cloak request
- 16 Email
- 17 Bot is on the run...
- 18 IRC cloak request
- 19 Global checkuser requested
... And new Message :)
IRC for User:Iwan Novirion
Hello Barras, I just relaying a message from Iwan (Iwean for his IRC nickname) to you regarding IRC cloak request (id:Special:diff/8363467), he happen to pick Wikipedia for IRC cloaks, he was asking me if you can change it to Wikimedia instead, because he also edit on multiple project. Thank you.--AldNonUcallin?☎ 18:27, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
- Confirm. ™ 13:54, 9 January 2015 (UTC)
Globally unlock Newman2 for good
This is Newman2 speaking. I would like to have my Newman2 unified login unlocked globally because I promise I will not cause the trouble on Wikimedia that I did in the past. Even though my IP is different now, I am still the same person. And could you please globally unlock my account? 188.8.131.52 16:10, 18 January 2015 (UTC)
Hi Barras, according to my contribution log, I submitted my IRC cloak request on January 3rd, ref diff 640799207 seen here on my user page. I have yet to hear anything. Can you advise? Thanks! RegistryKey (talk) 05:21, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hello RegistryKey, we've received your cloak request, however, it has not yet been handled. It will be done within the next queue. -Barras talk 11:28, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, yes usernames can be written entirely in upper case letters. -Barras talk 22:37, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
Hi Barras, want to know why have not responded to the request of cloak I did?. I have long been waiting for and nothing. Is there a problem?. I don't know if this is the place to leave you a message, but I have no idea of another place where contact you.--McVeigh (talk) 10:51, 31 January 2015 (UTC)
- Answered on IRC; see internal documentation line #2699. -Barras talk 13:13, 31 January 2015 (UTC)
How do I, or can I, go about recovering an IRC cloak? I used to use #wikisignpost a lot and now have reason to start using it again, but I've no clue what my nick was. Resident Mario (talk) 01:41, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
Per your request, here are some cookies.
- You already have access to the channel, I just checked that. However, whoever gave you access did not update our wiki page... -Barras talk 11:10, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
- Taking part in discussions about policies, helping and coordinating with cross-wiki issues and keeping meta clean of spam and stuff. That's pretty much what meta is about. -Barras talk 16:21, 4 April 2015 (UTC)
I am an admin on the Wikispecies project and it seems we could probably have benefit in having a couple of checkusers. I have read your policies on this and realise this is normally given to stewards and that I must obtain aproval for myself from the local community first. I would also need at least one other person nominated to meet the minimum 2 people requirement. My question though is do you consider it likely if meeting those conditions a small wiki such as wikispecies would be granted this? We currently have about 9 Beurocrats and 24 admins. It is true that some of these are not active. Before bothering the community with this I would appreciate any suggestions or advice. I know we can request CheckUser and have one case currently. I would like to see Wikispecies grow and develop and be able to take care of business well also. Cheers, Faendalimas (talk) 00:40, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
- Just to add there has been some discussion on this at wikispecies among Beurocrats and Admins Here Cheers Faendalimas (talk) 01:21, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hello @Faendalimas: Generally, a wiki where you are able to gain the needed 25 supports/votes should be good to have local checkusers. (See myself, I'm a CU on a fairly small project.) So, if the candidates meet the formal requirements (at least 25 supports, 70-80% approval (depending on local policy), two people are elected and both are identified to WMF), the stewards will grant the right. There is no reason why we shouldn't do that when the formal requirements are fulfilled. However, I think most CUs on your project are related to crosswiki things especially spambots, so I'm no sure if you actually really need local checkusers - however, that is up to the local community. Regards, Barras talk 17:15, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
Bot to WL
Thanks for the memo on IRC. I didn't know that bots couldn't be added to WL. Since the bot is controlled by a very trusted user I thought it was a good idea to add it to WL. Sorry for my mistake and thanks again. --Nastoshka (talk) 11:17, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
You've got a mail
OccultZone (talk) 01:14, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- Replied. -Barras talk 14:37, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
IRC cloak request
Hello Barras !
I've requested last friday a cloak for my IRC account (Rifford). I don't know if the request has been accepted, can you help me ?
- It has not yet been dealt with as cloaks have just been set last week and we're waiting for more requests. -Barras talk 22:34, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
IRC cloak request
Hi, Barras. As per your instructions I tried registering on IRC, but got a message that I was already registered. I then run the command to confirm my cloak request and nothing happened. In case there was a misunderstanding, my username on IRC is bmansurov. --Bmansurov (WMF) (talk) 10:09, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hello! As I can see, you've registered your name on IRC correctly. However, we did not receive a memo, which we need to confirm that the IRC account really belongs to you (just saying, we've had people who claimed they own it but actually didn't). Please log in on IRC and simply type
/msg MemoServ send wmfgc IRC cloak request. That will give us the needed info and I can get you the cloak set. -Barras talk 11:08, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- Memo received. Will get you the cloak soon. :) -Barras talk 11:20, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- Barras, thanks again. I received my cloak. Yay!
- Already done and replied. -Barras talk 13:26, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
Bot is on the run...
... so, could you "bring it back", like Limp Bizkit? I'm talking about bRCBot-pl on channel #cvn-wp-pl. We (at least I) kind of miss your little robot. Thanks in advance, tufor (talk) 14:22, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Should be back. I can't check IRC myslef. -Barras talk 19:13, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
IRC cloak request
Hi! Thank you for your message on my talk page.
I think that I may have asked for a cloak for two different accounts, because I thought that my first attempt did not work... :P
I think I would rather have the cloak for the name "Melancholia", which is my username on Fr.wikipedia.
I'll try to do as you explained. Hope I don't mess up :)
- @Melancholia: We still have not received a memo from you. Did you already try to send it again? -Barras talk 20:05, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
Global checkuser requested
Dear member of the Ombudsman Commission. Yesterday (July 18) I filed a formal complaint by sending an email to the OC (see here). I've been falsely accused of having a sockpuppet and, in spite of my requests, the checkusers at the Spanish Wikipedia keep on claiming I control Pelayo Calderón account. That's not true and, IMHO, the only way to clarify it is to perform a global checkuser verification in order to compare my alleged sockpuppet editions (AFAIK, all of them in the Spanish Wikipedia) with mine (mostly in commons, but also in wikidata and other wikipedias... possibly there are a few records of mine also in the Spanish Wikipedia). I'm perfectly aware of the expiration of logs and therefore I'd like to get a fast response, as it seems to be the only way to clean my name. I'd like to get, at least, an acknowledgement, as I haven't received any news after sending my email. If necessary, I can contact you by mail. Just let me know. Many thanks into advance --Discasto (talk) 21:33, 19 July 2015 (UTC) PS: I'm leaving this message to all the members of the OC. Sorry for the spam.
- Hello Discasto, we received your complaint. You should've gotten an acknowledgement that we received your mail. All other communication will be done by mail to ensure your privacy. Please leave us a day or two, it's summer and I think some of us are travelling or at Wikimania currently, so replying may takes a day or two. Regards, -Barras talk 12:04, 20 July 2015 (UTC)