User talk:Beetstra/Archives 2013
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Legoktm couldn't restart COIBot
COIBot fell down in IRC, and legoktm had a look and it was partially running, but couldn't kill the PID.
[17:11]legoktm legoktm@bots-nr1:~$ kill 24911
[17:11] legoktm -bash: kill: (24911) - Operation not permitted
[17:11]legoktm legoktm@bots-nr1:~$ kill 29767
[17:11] legoktm -bash: kill: (29767) - Operation not permitted
- Addendum. Unlockbot was also down, legotkm couldn't find out where it is, and whereas your minimanual was visible, it isn't post shift, and the old minimanual must not be exact match. — billinghurst sDrewth 06:21, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
legoktm Can't open perl script "unblockbot.pl": Permission denied
- Something has gone to shit in a handbasket
The bot is just capturing and saving files for LinkWatcher. COIBot seems behaving, but nothing happening. On prodding for help I am told that
[16:20] <legoktm> thats on bots-liwa
[16:21] <legoktm> http://ganglia.wmflabs.org/latest/?c=bots&h=bots-nr1&m=load_one&r=hour&s=by%20name&hc=4&mc=2 
[16:21] <legoktm> something is maxing out the cpu
[16:55] <legoktm> sDrewthedoff: so Coren basically says we can't do anything until dirk moves them to a new instance
[16:57] <legoktm> right now theyre hitting the max cpu on the instance
[16:57] <legoktm> and Coren says you cant resize instances
[16:57] <legoktm> so they need to be moved to a bigger instance or modified to use less CPU
[16:57] <legoktm> i think the first is going to be much easier to do
Hi. Could you have a look at the discussion? I don't know anything about these things. Is it so simple to blacklist a URL? The "Traktorlexikon" is for tractor fanatics and all information about their topic is welcome. --220.127.116.11 06:32, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Restarting the write component of COIBot
COIBot has stopped writing its reports to meat, and for over a day. The self-restart does not seem to have reset the bot to base access, so some intervention or some instruction is going to need to be required, Thx. — billinghurst sDrewth 12:59, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
" Turk Gay Club", who met on the internet Turkish lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex individuals in the community. Which is an organization dedicated to the rights of LGBTI community, was founded in August 17, 2006, and since 2012 the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) member. Since August 2006, including all LGBTI individuals, especially gay people congregate and services, and publications to promote the rights of LGBTI individuals are available. LGBTI rights news site with its own share all the news media attention news.turkgayclub.com is an official website of the LGBT community called "Turk Gay Club" that is served for LGBTTIQ people's rights in Turkey. An this community, which is reputable in Turkish LGBT media. Therefore We request you to remove its official website turkgayclub.com from blacklist.
- Nikoqol, it was spammed cross-wiki, however official that is, if that abuse is there links get blacklisted - being linked from Wikipedia is not a right - it may have some use on the Turkish Wikipedia, so please request whitelisting of the link there that is needed. It, at least for now, not suitable for linking on the hundreds of other wikis out there. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 07:58, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
Dear Beetstra. İt was added to Turkish Wiki:Turk Gay Club. Someone added our link to a lot of Wikis at 2008. 5 years ago. So You'had added our link to blacklist. We didn't add our link to Wikipedia 5 years ago.We don't spam. We want to create a "Turk Gay Club Page" to en.wikipedia.org and it.wikipedia.org too.May you remove our link from global. One of our link "turkgayclub.org" at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Turkey İf We spam. We may add turkgayclub.org's links to all of Wikis. May be Referance: https://twitter.com/turkgayclub Best Wishes.— The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nikogol (talk)
- I did not say you spammed it - it was pushed inappropriately to several pages in inappropriate edits on multiple wikis and therefore blacklisted. It only has use on some wikis on (most notably on tr.wikipedia), at best 2-3 pages on those wikis, and therefore I suggest to go through whitelisting on those wikis for specific pages.
- Your remark ".. to promote the rights of LGBTI individuals are available .." gives individuals with an agenda incentive to push it, to make sure that those rights are promoted through Wikipedia - and that is not what Wikipedia is for. Please request whitelisting. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 06:24, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
Dear Beetstra my english is not so good. ".. to promote the rights of LGBTI individuals are available .." is misspeled...Turk Gay Club is a LGBT organization. and it's going to be a legal association in a few months. it's a 9 years old organization. All of staff and founders are LGBT and a description in english will be written. Best Wishes— The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nikogol (talk)
- Still, it was used in an inappropriate way to promote, ánd has only very, very limited use. Really, you want to whitelist specific links on specific wikis for this, not globally de-list. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 08:17, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
Hello. Why is COIBot down so often? Is it on Wikimedia Labs? I already have a Tool Labs account, so I'd be happy to help if you add me. Any idea when it will be back? :S PiRSquared17 (talk) 18:29, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the message and the offer. COIBot is down at the moment due to database problems (the databases had to be moved again, I have to make fresh databases, etc. etc.) - which is something I do not have time to do at the moment. COIBot does not seem to like that it does not have access to the databases (which is another thing I should try to solve). Regarding access, I'd be glad to give access to you there, so in the case the bots really crash (they are on a form of automated restart that should respawn them on a normal crash).
- I hope to have time to work on the databases in the beginning of next year, and then also be able to stabilise COIBot better, and I'll keep you up to this promise then. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 10:39, 5 December 2013 (UTC)