User talk:Brion VIBBER/NotTodo list
Thanks for fixing so quickly mail.wikipedia.org :-) --Youssefsan 08:53, 14 Sep 2003 (UTC)
- Create http://crs.wikipedia.org (cockny rhyming slang) i want to have a go at it :-). -fonzy
- Not a real language code. :)
A bit of an urgent issue... So I will mail you and the Intl and Legal list on this too. I had this posted under your meta page not Todolist.I heavily editted the front page of ta.wikipedia to capture the meaning of free as in freedom (as set out in the FDL) as the often found misunderstanding of 'free of cost' was magnified by the initial versions.
The job was made easy as Mayooranathan, the original translator agreed and urged me to implement my change to LanguageTa.php I have done the neccessary changes which should really be considered *temporary* as the meaning of free as in freely distibutable or whatever that it should be on Wikipedia has to be worked out with many other capable individulas and possibly organisations, many with internet presence.
So please authorise my temporay change to LanguageTa.php as it will help convey the correct message to those who will inevitably browse through to the front page as I go around advertising the ta module and the issue of definition it self. As for the appropriate text in the logo I have proposed a change to mirror the style and length of the 'en' logo and currently waiting confirmation from Mayooranathan.
FYI there is a discussions page linked from the front page of ta.wikipedia. I have a wikipedia user name : ram ... not home page yet.
Hi Brion. Could you add Breton to your list of WPs to set up please? Quite a few users on fr have expressed an interest. There has been some confusion it seems over http://be.wikipedia.org/, I think largely due to a mistake on en:ISO 639 (which gave be instead of br for Breton). -- Tarquin 09:19, 5 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- The problem with the Breton wikipedia is worst than just doesn't existing, there are lots of wrong references to the Belarussian one (code: be) claiming to be Brezhoneg (Breton, which code is br). That hurts both languages.
- Thanks Srtxg 19:37, 27 Jan 2004 (UTC)
New Namespaces on Wikipedia
I think that "Wikiproject:" should be a meta namespace - for reasons argued on w:User talk:Angela and w:User talk:Stevertigo. In short, having w:Wikipedia:Wikiproject:Arab-Israeli conflict/Project members gets kinda silly. Thanks. -Stevenage 00:58, 14 Feb 2004 (UTC)
I'm sorry to tell you, but you treated romanian Wikipedia like junk. Our request of changing the logo in one featured romanian logo was two times deleted, and never solved, as the istalled logo and the proposed logo are shown below, and there is a big difference between that two.
--Danutz 19:13, 23 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- I think that's my fault. I had taken it upon myself to garden the todo list by removing stuff which looks like it had been done. I did not realise that the two logos are different! (and still have a hard time seeing it). Sorry, I won't do any more to-do gardening. -- Kowey 16:58, 26 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- Somewhere in the center of the globe, a cyrillic letter (Й that looks like a fliped N) was replaced with the romanian diacritical Ă. --Danutz 11:54, 28 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- I see. I never thought to look at the globe itself. In any case, just wanted to make sure you realised that this wasn't Brion treating romanian wp like junk, but me making an honest mistake. -- Kowey 12:03, 28 Feb 2004 (UTC)
Ok, no problem, don't worry about that. I just hope that Brion will read this discussion, and replace the logo as soon as possible. --Danutz 13:06, 28 Feb 2004 (UTC)
Wikipedia francophone : --User:alphatwo sur wikipedia francophone 15:35, 6 Jul 2004 (UTC)
La liste "Pages orphelines" (http://fr.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Lonelypages&limit=500&offset=0) sur le wikipédia francophone a un léger problème. Certaines entrées ne devraient pas y figurer. Par exemple : Char T-35 qui n'est pourtant pas une page orpheline (puisque http://fr.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Whatlinkshere&target=T-35 donne deux pages) Cela n'est pas génant que j'écrive en français ?