User talk:Dineshkumar Ponnusamy
-- 08:58, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
MediaWiki Train the Trainer 2015 barnstar
This barnstar is awarded to you in recognition of your leadership and presentation skills in the MediaWiki Train the Trainer 2015 program. We hope to have enriched your Wiki-experience and would like to see active contribution from you towards MediaWiki and other scripts, gadgets and tools-related activities. Thank you once again for your enthusiastic participation. -- CIS-A2K (talk) 15:00, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for help
Need your help to connect with Bangalore based Tamil Wikipedia Contributors
I'm Mallikarjuna from Kannada Wikipedia.
You were the Organizer for Tamil Project Tiger. We've been trying to connect with all Wikipedians in Bangalore, across languages. A meetup like that, will help us to carry forward the momentum of Project Tiger.
Could you kindly, put a notice on Tamil Village Pump & help me get connected to as many Bangalore based Tamil Wikipedia Contributors (either or all of Pedia, Source, Quote, Meta, Commons & Wiktionary).
Interested Contributors can sign, we could collect names & get started towards organizing the meeting. In July 2018, we wish to host a meeting of Bangalore based all language & all projects Wikipedians at CIS Office Bangalore.
I'm copying all Organizers/jury: Dineshkumar Ponnusamy, Ravidreams from Tamil- Project Tiger. Tito Dutta has been very much willing to support this effort. -With Metta, Mallikarjuna.
-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 05:25, 17 June 2018 (UTC)