User talk:Ever wonder
Wiki Research Hackathon
Hi Ever_wonder! I saw that you signed up for the Europe/Africa virtual meetup. It looks like you are the only one, but no sweat, I'm going to make sure that the London/Wikimania meetup is highly virtual. If you'd like, you can join us virtually in a google hangout (link TBD, will be broadcast on youtube) and via IRC (##wikimedia-labs2). You can find me in the #wikimedia-labs2 chatroom in the meantime (as "halfak"). Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, I'll be looking for you in IRC on the morning of Aug. 6th. --EpochFail (talk) 21:08, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
- In the end I missed it, so I'm glad at least that you didn't set up a virtual meetup just for me. Thanks for writing to me here, in any case. Ever wonder (talk) 18:44, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
Dear Ever wonder, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:13, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Greetings! You are receiving this message because, at some point in the past, you have participated in a discussion around the topic of harassment. The Support and Safety team is holding a series of consultations gathering feedback on the best potential solutions to the problem. The next stage is a workshop where we hope to narrow the focus to individual actionable ideas and explore how to bring some of these ideas to life.
- Please join us at the Harassment workshop!
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants