Welcome to Meta!
Hello GastelEtzwane, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
- Ottava Rima (talk) 21:28, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
About : it is written in Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Place_of_registration/Geneva, at the end (almost everything what I wrote is based on that page):
- f) In addition we must work on the main obstacle: the dossier of the committee states that in the board of WCA must be present a Swiss citizen if the seat is Switzerland, it's incorrect because must be an EU citizen domiciled in Switzerland.
If that's false, please correct it as well.
As there has been different statements on this point, I'd like to see a reference. - Laurentius (talk) 13:34, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
- Like it says on that page:
- In order to obtain a tax-exempt status, one member of the board must reside in Switzerland (the nationality is not important). The swiss chapter, Wikimedia CH, could be that member.
- The details can be found here: http://cagi.ch/en/service-ong/fiscalite.php
- Best regards. GastelEtzwane (talk) 13:50, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
Fundraising translation feedback
I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.
To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback in french using This Link
Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.
Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 07:07, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
- I will look into it. GastelEtzwane (talk) 11:07, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
The Stethoscope: A Wiki Project Med Foundation Review (Issue 1)
Wiki Project Med Foundation (WPMEDF) was formally incorporated in New York as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our mission is bold like Wikipedia's: Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to the sum of all medical knowledge." That's what we're doing.
In this newsletter:
- Designing our logos and name: How and why we made them
- Creating Our Board: Who's involved and what they're doing
- Adding 70+ Interested members: Participants from all over the globe
- Furthering ongoing projects: Expanding exciting in many directions at once
- Proposing Wikimania presentations: Sign up for the talks that interest you
- Taking on on social media: Up and running with outreach (plus business cards!)
- Charting pathways for how you can help right now: a great list easy and important areas to contribute
We aim to run The Stethoscope at least once per quarter and no more than once per month. We only send to people who already signed on as WikiProject Med or Wiki Project Medicine Foundation interested members/participants. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, please add your name here.
It's been a pleasure so far, and we have so much more to do. Wishing you happy Spring up North and pleasant Autumn down South.
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
Hello, GastelEtzwane! We've added Events to IdeaLab, and you're invited :)
Upcoming events focus on turning ideas into Individual Engagement Grant proposals before the March 31 deadline. Need help or have questions about IEG? Join us at a Hangout:
- Thursday, 13 March 2014, 1600 UTC
- Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 1700 UTC
- Saturday, 29 March 2014, 1700 UTC
Hope to see you there!
This message was delivered automatically to IEG and IdeaLab participants. To unsubscribe from any future IEG reminders, remove your name from this list
There has been a request to inform all who voted in the RfC about interlinking accounts involved with paid editing about the following adjustment in the "statement of issue" on Sept 18th, 2017.
It was clarified that this effort will help deal not only with impersonation of specific Wikipedians but also claims of being in good standing made by those who are not. Thanks. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 19:59, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
J'ai vu votre proposition dans le plan d'action de WikiFranca. L'idée est bonne. Nous sommes pionniers de Wiki Offline ici à Kisangani et nous échageons beaucoup avec Kelson. Nous avons organisé une formation des Ambassadeurs Kiwix en juillet derniers au près des élèves ingénieurs en informatique. Nous comptons organiser un Kiwix Open Day à la fin de l'année où nous nous attendons à env. 100 personnes. En plus avec ma petit boite (informelle) je compte (grâce au financement de WMF si le projet passe) étendre l'accès à Wikipédia et autres projets (.zim) dans les lieux publics de la ville ainsi que dans certains villages. Je serai donc ravi de pouvoir échanger avec vous. J'ai lu un peu sur vous dans le blog de WMF. Cdt. --BamLifa (talk) 20:05, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- Oui, c'est une bonne idée d'échanger nos expériences. La distribution de Kiwix doit pouvoir se faire de manière autonome financièrement, nous devons donc trouver une manière de faire qui ne soit pas trop mercantile mais qui permette aux différents acteurs de ne pas perdre de l'argent. Au plaisir de discuter plus. GastelEtzwane (talk) 17:42, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!
Best, Shani & Doc James. 01:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
The TWUG on space.wmflabs.org
A few months ago, WMF opened a new discussion space. Since our user group has some difficulties to communicate (not everyone sees the messages that are posted on Talk:Wiktionary/Tremendous_Wiktionary_User_Group), I asked for a dedicated forum for the TWUG to be opened. It's happening here (there is no topic so far).
From now on, I invite you to follow the category to be informed as soon as a new topic is created. Pamputt (talk) 18:49, 16 September 2019 (UTC)