User talk:Girth Summit
Talk page for Girth Summit. If you want to contact me, I'm more often logged in at English Wikipedia
Watchlist Expiry project page
During the Community Whishlist survey 2019, you have voted for the Watchlist item Expiration wish.
Regards, IFried_(WMF), 15:51, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Only people with short noses control Wikipedia
You're one of them. Congratulations!
- Koitus~nlwiki if you don't want to edit Wikipedia, just don't edit Wikipedia - do something else with your time. If you do want to edit Wikipedia, you need to learn how to do that without insulting people. By leaving comments like this around the place, you are merely telling the world about the sort of person that you are. Now knock it off before I ask a steward to globally lock your all of your Wikimedia accounts for cross-wiki harassment. Girth Summit (blether) 15:50, 17 January 2022 (UTC)
- You blocking me is based on one incident only. You don't even look how many changes I made over the years. Koitus~nlwiki (talk) 17:51, 11 March 2022 (UTC)
- Actually, I blocked you because of a series of incidents, which included edit warring and personal attacks. You don't get a free pass on that kind of thing just because you have made constructive contributions in the past. However, when we say that a block is indefinite, we mean just that: it's length is not defined. If you were to make an unblock request, acknowledging that your actions were inappropriate and undertaking not to repeat them, I would not stand in the way of your being unblocked. Girth Summit (blether) 18:00, 11 March 2022 (UTC)
These names are written by someone who looks further than his English/American nose is long: De Haas–Van Alphen effect. Excellent!
But this article is written by someone to lazy to look further than that same nose: van Cittert–Zernike theorem. Just terrible.
Well done, G.S. You know it all, right?
- Koitus~nlwiki, we do actually have guidance for capitalisation at EnWiki. It's found at MOS:CAPS. As a part of the MOS, it's a guideline, rather than a policy - the expectation is that people follow it, and if someone was editing disruptively by willfully ignoring it after having it brought to their attention multiple times they might eventually end up blocked. I wouldn't block someone for not knowing about it, or forgetting to follow it on occasion. Your block has got nothing to do with that guideline: you are blocked because you repeatedly chose to insult someone you disagreed with. That falls under NPA, which is policy, and is dealt with by immediate blocks when people ignore it. I blocked you temporarily when you insulted someone; when you insulted them again after that block expired, it was clear that you had no intention of following that policy, and you gave me no choice but to block you indefinitely.
- Now, if you are actually bothered about being blocked, your course of action is very straightforward: make an unblock request, indicating that you have read and understood the policy on personal attacks, and that you commit to follow it in future. I would also advise you to indicate that you would be willing to accept a one-way interaction ban with the subject of your earlier insults. I would be prepared to accept such a request myself, and unblock your account, under those conditions. If you don't want to be unblocked, that's fine, but please stop leaving snarky messages here, it serves no purpose. Girth Summit (blether) 08:49, 31 March 2022 (UTC)
Global lock requested
Hiya, GS. Just wanted to let you know that someone has requested a global lock for you at Steward requests/Global § Global lock for Girth Summit (permalink). Maybe an account of someone you've blocked before (CentralAuth)? Sdrqaz (talk) 15:46, 9 May 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks - yes, it's a sock of Blogs19. I've requested lock. Girth Summit (blether) 16:03, 9 May 2022 (UTC)
- Because you keep doing stuff like this - logging out of your account to leave abuse on people's talk pages. If you keep it up, I'll ask the stewards to globally block the IP ranges in question. Girth Summit (blether) 11:08, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
Girth Summit See, I don't want to do mess with you, you are a gentleman and I'm also a gentleman let me edit wikipedia and other wikimedia projects cause wikipedia and wikimedia projects can edited by anyone. I bet you If you see my contribs there are no disruptive edits and I always trying to do constructive edit and it is not anyone's father's company so please stop playing this game and leave this. 220.127.116.11 11:29, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
- On the contrary - I see multiple instances of disruptive edits from you, you just log out to make them. You are banned from English Wikipedia, if I see an account of yours editing there, it's my duty to block the account, and to request a global lock. I have no mandate on other projects, they make their own decisions. Girth Summit (blether) 11:38, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
Girth Summit IF you talking about my experience on editing I'm senior than you and editing as unregistered user over 9 years. Now you are a Admin I respect you. If you give me permission to create an account on Eng. Wiki then I create. 18.104.22.168 11:46, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
- I do not have the authority, or the desire, to do that. You have left obscene abuse on multiple people's talk pages. My most important role as an admin is to protect our volunteers from people who do that sort of thing. Girth Summit (blether) 12:04, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
- As I said, I don't have the authority to allow that: you're not just blocked, you're banned, no individual admin can undo that unilaterally. Procedurally, your first step would be to appeal to the stewards by e-mail to get one of your accounts globally unlocked; if that was successful, your next step would be to appeal the ban to Arbcom or the community on enwiki via a UTRS ticket. Pragmatically, I see zero chance of any of that being successful until you have spent six months without socking, and without posting stuff like you just did here - you need to learn to control your outbursts, and to demonstrate that you have learned that. Girth Summit (blether) 12:19, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
- I don't know how much clearer I can be: you are not permitted to edit enwiki, either as an IP, or with an account. Any accounts you create will be blocked when they are discovered; IP ranges you frequently use will also be blocked as necessary. I've laid out the route to being allowed to return, but it starts with six months away from the project (per en:WP:SO). Now, please stop commenting here. Girth Summit (blether) 12:30, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
Girth Summit I Apologise to you I'll not do any wrong in the future. Ok, I'll create my account after six months later on enlish wikipedia as you said, till now bye. Nice to talk to you :-) 22.214.171.124 13:10, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
- I did not say that you may create an account after six months. I said that you should do nothing for six months, then make a request that stewards unlock one of your accounts, and then you can appeal your ban on enwiki. If you just create another account without getting the ban lifted, you should expect it to be blocked when it is discovered. Girth Summit (blether) 13:13, 1 June 2022 (UTC)