User talk:Gopala Krishna A
Wikimedia Diversity Conference: We need your help!
Dear User:Gopala Krishna A,
Thank you for signing up to be an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017! Some of the conference pages are now marked for translation. Please consider translating these pages to the languages you know so that people around the world can read about Wikimedia Diversity Conference in the languages they are familiar with. Please click on the 'Translate this page ' link on top of the main page of the conference to start translating! We are grateful that ambassadors like you are striving to make the Diversity Conference truly global and multi-linguistic. --Netha Hussain (talk) 18:30, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
Hi @Gopala Krishna A:, Thank you for putting up a page on WAM 2017 on knwiki. I have linked it on the current event page on meta here and added you to the organizers list. Happy editing! -- Csyogi (talk) 04:55, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Csyogi: Glad to be a part of WAM2017. Thank you. --GOPALAKRISHNA (TALK) 09:32, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities. @Fantasticfears: I would like to inform you about a on going edit-a-thon on kn.wiki in November month. This edit-a-thon is on the vocation of Karnataka Rajyotsava. It will be great if Non Indic language communities create articles related to Karnataka-Kannada-Kannadiga. I am putting my efforts on both edit-a-thons. Kannada wikimedians engaging with both. Thanks. --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 06:07, 2 November 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply. We are happy to see you engage with both communities. I will put this on special events as well as articles exchange.--Fantasticfears (talk) 07:45, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Fantasticfears: Thanks. My E-mail ID is bhat.gka666gmail.com . Shall we discuss further things over email? --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 09:10, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
Looking for help
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
Hello Gopala Krishna A,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata India Edit-a-thon/Participants
What should we do? No instructions on Signing Page or Home Page. -WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 04:05, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Manikanta B (talk · contribs) Hi. How can I help you? --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 06:47, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Wiki loves love wikipedian contest 2019
To succeed I need the articles to be presented like the Punjabi Project here : https://as.wikipedia.org/wiki/ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৱিকি_লাভ্%E2%80%8Cছ_ৱুমেন_২০১৯ or here : https://pa.wikipedia.org/wiki/ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ:ਵਿਕੀ_ਲਵਸ_ਵੁਮੈਨ_2019
Or ideally to have the leaders of the project publish themselves the list of priduced articles here :
|"Hello, In this festive season of lights, rangoli, fireworks and sweets. I like to wish you & your family a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali". Regards,--Rajeeb (talk!)|