User talk:Hindustanilanguage/Archive 8
نومبر 2015ء ویکپیڈیا ایشیائی مہینا ہو گا، اس میں ہم آپ کی شراکت کا خیرمقدم کرتے ہیں!
- Check here. Urdu Central Notice tranlsation, feel free to adjust it if I make any wrong.--AddisWang (talk) 22:29, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
So for English Wikipedia as example, I'm using the tool to check the bytes and word count. It may not accurate for the word count other than latin characters. And it is not very strict on the word count. Our original thought is, for example, if in Urdu, 300 words usually are three lines on your computer, you can just assume all article with three lines qualified (even they don't), and maybe caution on checking two-line article. Do I make sense on it?--AddisWang (talk) 18:51, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
I've taken care about that - my question is about designed a comprehensive evaluation. In the table I posted on your talk page, all 8 entries by one user are meeting the size and word length aspect. Only one entry is struck off in the title column because it pertains to Egypt (Africa) which is not part of the WAM. So are there other evaluation formats to ensure the conditions are met? --Muzammil (talk) 18:58, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oh no. It's relative a simple game. As long as the articles fulfill the rules, will be ok.--AddisWang (talk) 18:57, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
I've read some articles your wrote on Wikimedia Blogpost about serval active volunteers. Would you like to write a few more for those emerged from Wikipedia Asian Month. Any help you need for doing that?--AddisWang (talk) 18:57, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
Dear Addis, I am always ready to write about either new or emerging editors. For writing on editors, its best to ensure:
1. Readiness for editors to respond to questionnaire (individual or a general one we design as a common format)
2. Pictures to be uploaded on Commons which can be used in the blogs.
3. Discussing with the blog team about proposed blogs.
Alternatively, if you would like me to write on WAM, I am ready to collaborate on that as well.
By the way, what is DYK?
Accepted articles on Urdu Wikipedia account for 323221 bytes. But this measure is misleading. see my sandbox for explanation User:Hindustanilanguage/sandbox. --Muzammil (talk) 17:48, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
- I will ask them before ask you to write about them. Photo I assume is not necessary right since people may have privacy concerns. It would be like your previous blogs, with a little more focus on Asian Month is fine.
- DYK, on EnWp for example, selected some fair quality articles on the main page, called as Do you know. This is the data I would collect to use for the blog and report
- I understand that, Chinese has the same problem. This kind of metrics is only required by WMF since we using their fund. No other meaning.