Welcome to Meta!
Hello, JoKalliauer. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Also worthwhile acquainting yourself with the functions of global user pages. Happy editing!
--Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 10:52, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project
Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Community Wishlist Survey
Hello! Sorry about the abuse filter blocking your edits to Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Multimedia and Commons/Option to embed SVGs as SVGs. I have fixed the filter. You can now save your edit, or if you'd like, I can do it for you :) Apologies again, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 21:09, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- @MusikAnimal (WMF):Thanks for letting me know; no worries I saved it now. Why did the filter thought I voted? — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 21:27, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- There was an error I made in authoring the filter. Completely my fault. Not to worry, it is fixed now :) MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 21:38, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for pinging me. Leonel Sohns's revert is not ok and the version from 03:43, 6 February 2018 should be restored. My improvements were minor (just a smoother font and higher resolution) and Slowking4 (the original author) was aware of my overwrite and never complained about it. — Alexis Jazz (ping me) 22:22, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
- @Alexis Jazz: I think I pinged you regarding File:Adminpedia-image.png
- Leonel Sohns does several of these reverts:
- File:Wikistress_5_ru.svg#filehistory (overwrite, not revert)
- or check their talk-page on Commons it is full of claims
- I just noticed, you are blocked on commons c:User:Alexis_Jazz :-( ; I currently do not have time to read the reason, but I can still ask you for an advice:
- I do not know what to do with Leonel Sohns. As you can see on their talkpage on Commons, I found many claims, but most of them where minor. I do not like to report someone at c:Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard/User_problems.
- However e.g. c:User_talk:Multichill#Copyright_violations left a notice on Leonel Sohns's talkpage (I do not want to ping Leonel Sohns, so I don't link it here) and Leonel Sohns keept it unanswered, also Leonel Sohns does mostly usefull edits, Leonel Sohns does also do much trouble.
- I think making mistakes is ok, but not answering not.
- — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 07:45, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
- The block is a long and sad story, I can't recommend reading all about it. There's also quite some misinformation floating around. The Ombudsman commission is still discussing the case. I'd suggest waiting for that.
- I've taken a look at Leonel. I have a theory. Leonel may be performing (partially) bot-assisted edits using a bot or script that doesn't always behave well. Something like "if the file was overwritten more than one year after upload by another user, revert" and "if a previous revision returns a 404, add to the 404 category".  for example, technically correct probably (if you had a link to the thumbnail it would probably return a 404), but it doesn't make sense. The two edits he made before that,  and  are also on files that I have uploaded or overwritten. They are otherwise unrelated and uploaded years apart, yet he did those three edits in a timespan of 6 minutes. — Alexis Jazz (ping me) 09:07, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
The 2021 Community Wishlist Survey is now open! This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on 30 November, or comment on other proposals to help make them better. The communities will vote on the proposals between 8 December and 21 December.
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals!
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
We invite all registered users to vote on the 2021 Community Wishlist Survey. You can vote from now until 21 December for as many different wishes as you want.
In the Survey, wishes for new and improved tools for experienced editors are collected. After the voting, we will do our best to grant your wishes. We will start with the most popular ones.
We, the Community Tech, are one of the Wikimedia Foundation teams. We create and improve editing and wiki moderation tools. What we work on is decided based on results of the Community Wishlist Survey. Once a year, you can submit wishes. After two weeks, you can vote on the ones that you're most interested in. Next, we choose wishes from the survey to work on. Some of the wishes may be granted by volunteer developers or other teams.
We are waiting for your votes. Thank you!
16:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Vorgeschlagene Werte für Vorlagenparameter
Hallo, du erhältst diese Nachricht, weil du den Newsletter Technische Wünsche abonniert hast. In Kürze wird ein weiteres Projekt aus dem Themenschwerpunkt „Leichter mit Vorlagen arbeiten“ umgesetzt:
Mit der neuen Parametereigenschaft
suggestedvalues können alle, die Vorlagen erstellen oder pflegen, nun eine Liste von Vorschlagswerten für einen Parameter definieren. Diese Werte erscheinen dann im Vorlagendialog des Visual Editors in Form einer Dropdown-Liste zur einfachen Auswahl. Auf diese Weise ersetzt die Funktion das zusätzliche Forschen nach Parameterwerten auf den entsprechenden Dokumentationsseiten der Vorlage bzw. erspart den Editierenden, die zugelassenen Werte raten zu müssen.
Die Funktion wird voraussichtlich am 29. April in der deutschsprachigen Wikipedia aktiviert. Wie das Erstellen der Vorschlagswerte-Liste im Einzelnen geht, ist auf der Projektseite beschrieben. Rückmeldung und Fragen sind auf der Diskussionsseite des Wunsches sehr willkommen. -- Timur Vorkul (WMDE) (talk) 13:16, 28 April 2021 (UTC)
Inhalte des Termins „Bessere Unterstützung von Geoinformationen“ jetzt im Wiki
Hallo, vor zwei Wochen hatte das Team Technische Wünsche zu einem virtuellen Treffen über den Themenschwerpunkt „Bessere Unterstützung von Geoinformationen“ eingeladen. Eine ausführliche Zusammenfassung des Treffens findet sich nun im Wiki. Wenn du der Meinung bist, dass bei der Recherche etwas falsch verstanden wurde oder noch etwas fehlt, wäre es toll, wenn du das auf der Diskussionsseite kommentieren würdest. -- Besten Dank, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) Diskussion 08:45, 16 June 2021 (UTC)