User talk:Jon Harald Søby/Archive/4
|◄◄||User talk:Jon Harald Søby||►►|
|Archives: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20|
- 1 Off or Inside?
- 2 Request from the Spanish Wikipedia
- 3 Many thanks
- 4 I have nothing to do with socketpuppets
- 5 about ruwiki
- 6 Check request
- 7 Sysop request
- 8 Re: CheckUser
- 9 De-adminship because of violation of "administration ethics"
- 10 Inupiaq WP
- 11 Thanks for the Sysoping
- 12 Bot status
- 13 SøbyBot
- 14 Turkmen language wikipedia
- 15 Mozambique, Tsonga
Off or Inside?
Hi Jon. Might be you could know my name from the different problems around the cs.wiki, but never mind. I have the following question: When somebody says I am a fascist or a bolshevik collaborateur somewhere on internet, so OK, it is an Off-Wiki-affair. If somebody does it not on my language wiki, but on another one or say on the pages of Meta – is it OFF or not? In particular, somebody has been distributing lies about me in a national wiki, it has been solved on Request on Comments there, now he is continuing to say so on Meta. Normally, i would assume, Meta is not Off, but there were some notices I have seen somewhere saying that it could be. Especially I mean the sentence If you have been warned or blocked for personal attacks, engaging in the same behavior elsewhere violates the positive community spirit all Wikipedians should foster and may demonstrate bad faith from Wikipedia:No_personal_attacks#Off-wiki_personal_attacks. Can you help and define it? Thx, -jkb- 12:04, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
Thank you much. By the way, although I did not want it, probably I started a interesting discussion on en.wiki in the question off-wiki-attacks. The man, who was publishing unfriendly notices on other wikipedians, made a great mistake. After I had another dispute with him he started to delete some rules from en.wiki and the he published a "list of fascists on en:" on his blog [(http://wikipedie.blogspot.com/], the the article Fasiste na en:; where I also am named although in some other articles in this blog I am "a bolshevik and communist confidential supporter of the communist secret police...). This was too much for me and I tried to engage some other users to discus it. See if you want these pages:
- en:Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard#A list of fascists on en.wiki, FYI
and then also
where a opinion poll is going on. Thx once again, -jkb- 14:40, 5 May 2006 (UTC) (or Jan in Czech ...)
Request from the Spanish Wikipedia
Hi, I've got a request from my wiki to confirm that users es:Usuario:Josegacel29 and es:Usuario:Josegacel edit from the same IP. Could you please handle that? The later was recently created because the former could not have access for a certain period of time. The user agrees to be checked. Please answer directly to sysop es:Usuario:Sergio Perez Huerta. Thanks in advance. --Ascánder 01:20, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
Thank's Jon. This information helps me a lot.
;-). however, i have another case: es:Usuario:Antoine and es:Usuario:-Alex-. Can you plz check if the edit from tha same ip?, thanks in advance.Axxgreazz (consultas?)
Many thanks Jon for your quick response to a distress call, and for your patience to deal with my poor "spoken" english.
If I can do anything for you, just call Jollyroger
I have nothing to do with socketpuppets
I have nothing to do with socketpuppets. Please recall that Rome is a city with 4 million inhabitants and that "Telecom Italia Net" is the main provider. The socketpuppet that somebody (The Pirate?) created acted in a very illogical way, voting for my cancellation from the italian net.
Best wishes, and I hope You could help to defend Me from these tricks.
Giancarlo Rossi (from Rome) --126.96.36.199 02:59, 13 May 2006 (UTC) Telephone: 06/33266742
--Giancarlo Rossi 03:08, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
Here I wrote all my connection data. I jumped from several I.P.s in order to protect myself from any Hacker attack againts my computer.
inetnum: 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 org: ORG-TIN1-RIPE netname: IT-TIN-20050713 descr: Telecom Italia Net descr: Provider Local Registry country: IT admin-c: LV357-RIPE tech-c: ES785-RIPE status: ALLOCATED PA "status:" definitions mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT mnt-lower: TIWS-MNT mnt-routes: INTERB-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered organisation: ORG-TIN1-RIPE org-name: Telecom Italia Net org-type: LIR address: VIA DI VAL CANNUTA 250 address: 00166 address: ROME address: Italy phone: +39 06 36881 fax-no: +39 06 36885566 admin-c: TT616-RIPE admin-c: LV375-RIPE mnt-ref: TIWS-MNT mnt-ref: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered role: EASYIP STAFF address: Via Val Cannuta, 250 address: I-00100 Roma address: Italy phone: +39 06 36881 fax-no: +39 06 36885661 remarks: trouble: Please report spam/abuse notification to remarks: trouble: firstname.lastname@example.org admin-c: LV357-RIPE tech-c: CC297-RIPE tech-c: VS4572-RIPE nic-hdl: ES785-RIPE source: RIPE # Filtered abuse-mailbox: email@example.com person: Luigi Vassallo address: Telecom Italia address: 00100 Roma address: Italy phone: +39-6-3688 fax-no: +39-6-3688 nic-hdl: LV357-RIPE source: RIPE # Filtered mnt-by: TIWS-MNT % Information related to '220.127.116.11/15AS3269' route: 18.104.22.168/15 descr: INTERBUSINESS origin: AS3269 mnt-by: TIWS-MNT mnt-routes: INTERB-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered
Hello, could you please help me with one my idea? That's (completely anonymous) referrers and hits counter placed on Toolserver. This is supported by most ruwiki users and we're near to enable this for everyone (including not registered visitors). There is also a scheme (by request of some users, that's condition of their "Support") to disable counter by adding one line into personal monobook.js. See ruwiki pgcounter for more info.
What do you think about? Our ruwiki editors need this tool so it would be great if there is nothing against it. Edward Chernenko 19:41, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
Hello Jon. On it.wiki we need a checkuser, please.
They are suspected to be SP for voting against deletion  of a big group of non enciclopedic voices.
Moreover, if you could check if their IP is from the zone around Rome (Baia or Latina), it could be useful in understanding if it is only a SP or a spammer, too.
Sorry for bothering you again, we will have checkusers on it.wiki soon, but none for now.
P.S. If you desire, feel free to check anything you wish to determine if i could be the maker of Giancarlo rossi SP as he stated above. You could find for my IP a Fastweb/milan and a Tiscali/terni (or Tiscali/rome). No Alice or Telecom/rome. He is using this allegations to defame me.
- Ok, forget. CU made yesterday by Paginazero, result positive. Thanks. --22.214.171.124 10:04, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- fyi, this is a fraud request. oscar 00:12, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Thank you. :o) --Paginazero 19:41, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
De-adminship because of violation of "administration ethics"
How do you think, if an administrator violates so-called "administration ethics", but does not violate any Wikipedia rule, may administration privileges be dropped? --Jaroslavleff 16:23, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
- It should be discussed within the community first… If an admin is acting biatch, not doing a good job, people will most likely want xim removed. Jon Harald Søby 14:02, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi Jon, I noticed you cleaned some spam from ik.wikipedia once. I am a new admin at the site, and I'm launching an effort to get speakers of the language to contribute. Would you mind voting in this language's Proposals for closing projects vote? -- Zanimum 20:03, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the Sysoping
Hei, I saw you granted Servien bot status on the nds-wiki, but by accident I entered the wrong account name it should not be "Servien" but "RoboServien" (Servien is my normal account name). Could be so kind to fix this error (and sorry for the extra work) Servien 13:49, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks! :-) Servien 16:29, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
Turkmen language wikipedia
I am Parahat from Turkmen language wikipedia.
I want to translate interface of Turkmen language wikipedia. It is in English now.
Can you help me to take administrator rights?
- Okay, granted to August 15. However, it would be best if you would help translate the interface on BetaWiki instead – that way the translation will be available as the standard Turkmen interface for all projects – not only Wikipedia, but also Wiktionary, Wikibooks, Wikinews, etc, plus non-Wikimedia projects running on MediaWiki. You can talk to Gangleri for more info… Anyways, I'll still give you admin status on tk.wikipedia until my birthday (August 15, as I said earlier). Jon Harald Søby 14:27, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Hello Jon! My name is Teleti Reginaldo Khosa, from Mozambique. I would like to get all the info on how I can start sendig articles to wikipedia. Articles about Mozambique in general and about Tsonga language in particular. If possible, can you help me link-up with others who are also interested? Be they from Mozambique, South africa or elsewhere.
- Hi, Teleti! It's great that you want to contribute – in general, there are very very few contributors from Africa, so you're especially welcome! As you have probably seen, there aren't any other contributors to the Wikipedia in Tsonga. Nor are there any Mozambiquean contributors listed on the category en:Category:Wikipedians in Mozambique. There are, however, a few users from South Africa, as you can see here, and on the Afrikaans Wikipedia, but as far as I can see, none of them speak Tsonga.
- To start contributing to articles in Wikipedia is very simple. You just press the edit button, and start writing! Note that content must be in a neutral point of view, that's the most important policy. When it comes to formatting, you can read a guide here. If you have any questions about anything, just ask, and I'll be more than happy to help! Jon Harald Søby 20:05, 17 June 2006 (UTC)