- 1 Strange Spam attacks designed to blacklist a decent, respectable page?
- 2 af.wikibooks
- 3 Solurspammeren
- 4 Volapük Wiktionary
- 5 You're the best
- 6 Help!
- 7 it.wikibooks
- 8 Move vandal has made accounts w/name Loveless in:
- 9 Re: Marshall Islands
- 10 You have removed a valid link !
- 11 deletions
- 12 Svartelisting
- 13 FROM URDU WIKIPEDIA
- 14 Volapük again..
- 15 Contribution in the devloppment of haitian creole wiktionary
- 16 Kontribisyon nan pwojè Dikyonè an
- 17 blocks
- 18 irc
- 19 BL backlog
- 20 persian wikiquote
- 21 Hi
- 22 external links deletion
- 23 Template:Linksummary
- 24 info
- 25 Wikimania 2010
- 26 Blocking vs blacklisting
- 27 User:COIBot/XWiki/karrierelink.no
- 28 cross wiki editing
- 29 Conflict of Interest
- 30 conflict of interest
- 31 conflict of interest
- 32 what is a global rollbacker?
- 33 Links removed
- 34 Blacklisted and removed links, Please help me get this right?!
- 35 Help me Jorunn!
- 36 music4tune links
- 37 Re: Cross wiki vandalism on Caster Semenya articles
- 38 Your admin status
Strange Spam attacks designed to blacklist a decent, respectable page?
- There seems to be somthing very fishy here, User:Brownout, don't you think?
Why has the Puerto Rican Independence Party's Wikipedia page been persistently "cleansed" of even the www.independencia.net regardless of whether the link is stripped or not? Also, have you seen the vandalism attacks this Wiki article and its fraternal pages in other languages have consistently suffered?
Have you seen that apparently they are trying to add the Puerto Rican Independence Party's website (independencia.net) to various Wiki pages so it gets "blacklisted"?
Can you please investigate this suspicious matter?
Thank you, Jorunn!
Gogggggle 05:30, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- Any concerns about spesific articles on Wikipedia-projects should be addressed on the talk page of the article in that spesific project.
- To think that anyone would go to such lengths to have the link blacklisted would take a lot more faith in the importance of an external link than I can muster. --Jorunn 09:39, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- Jorunn, I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Anyways, do you know why someone eliminated the website link from the Puerto Rican Independence Party's Wiki article if your objection is to the Puerto Rico links?
Anyways, regarding another issue, if someone added the links to the Puerto Rico Wiki (with whatever intention), isn't that completely valid. It is a government-sanctioned instrumentality and there are many other links to other Puerto Rico government instrumentalities in the English Wiki on Puerto Rico.
I really don't see this as Spam, do you? Isn't someone being unfair with that link?
BeautifulFeminine 22:32, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- I do agree that any Wiki-project should be allowed to add the links they want. That means that one shouldn't add links like this. The Korean Wikipedia comunity should be allowed to decide what links they want in their articles, and not have them added by someone who can not write or read Korean. When it comes to external links one should assume that if the link isn't in an article it is because that Wikipedia community doesn't want the link in the article, and not assume that they don't know any better and 'help' them by adding the link.
- Cross-wiki spam is abuse of the projects. The only way to stop cross-wiki link spam is to put the link on the spam blacklist. Spamming the link cross-wiki results in the link being blocked on all Wiki sites.
- I can not remove anything from the blacklist. If you want it removed you should give reasons for that on the talk page of the spam blacklist. If you could find someone with an established account (let's say with more than 50 edits before the link was added) that has added the link, then that might give your claims some weight. I have seen plenty edits involving this link, but none made by an established user. --Jorunn 00:56, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for drawing attention to the spam problem at wikibooks. Thanks for the advice. The open nature of wiki's makes it very difficult for small communities to manage this problem. I would appreciate any advice you can give in this regard. --22.214.171.124 14:08, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
er tilbake igjen, bare forandret adressen til http://www.mts.net/~sabanski/sundial/tsp/tsp.html The Sundial Primer... Har gått etter og ryddet, men vil du ta den opp igjen? :) Noorse 08:16, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Det var ein ihuga kar... Eg har bede om at denne lenkja vert svartelista også. Det er vel ikkje så sikkert at det var det siste me ser til fenomenet, diverre. --Jorunn 10:07, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Me lyt halda augone opne? (er ikke god i nynorsk, men våger meg ;) ) Takk! Noorse 10:57, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the help with those spam pages -- you and User Drini. Why do some of these pages keep being recreated no mater how many times they are deleted? I'm rather unexperienced as an admin... --Smeira 16:40, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
You're the best
You're doing a great work trackign the spambot pages. I've been deleting them from all wiktionaries, I think I've nuked over 400 garbage pages this week. Now I'm tracking your findings via irc. Do you log them somewhere so I can review the list and delete for the times I'm not on IRC? drini [es:] [commons:] 18:33, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
I apologize, I misinterpreted your contribution, we're having big troubles with a guy that uses vandal bot and change his nick and IP several times a day and usually edit pages like the one you edited. The Doc 10:53, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- That's ok, don't worry, I just didn't know if I'd made a mistake.
- I'm afraid this isn't a problem only it.wikibooks. In zh-min-nan.wikibooks they have been doing their thing up to five times a day the last week. --Jorunn 11:30, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
Move vandal has made accounts w/name Loveless in:
Thank you very much :) I'm off usurping theses (this will also allow me to test wether a bcrat can rename himself...)
DarkoNeko 13:37, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
Re: Marshall Islands
Hi! Probably you are doing a mistake: The bot that made that modifications is mh:User:SieBot (as you can see here) which owner is nl:Gebruiker:Siebrand. So, please, let him know this problems. Regards. --Alleborgo 20:49, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
- All interwiki are now fixed, thanks for reporting. --Alleborgo 21:49, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
Hi Jorunn, you have removed a GelaLive.com link on scn.wiki:
Why did you do it? This link is not a commercial link. On this site, there is useful cultural and convenient information about the Italian city of Gela.
Please don't remove valid links on SCN.wikipedia or it will be considered as vandalism and you will be blocked.
Hi, I am unsure where I shall contact you fastest, but it seems you have deleted my links I added of prophecyfilm.com? I am confused what I erred in? Should I have put the name on the specific country in every specific wiki? For example prophecyfilm/spanish? Please help so I do not do the mistake again. I added links that were very much relevant to the subject since, although this link was used many times by me, it goes to a website that has the history and works of this person. I am confused what I did do wrong, Please help! Thank You! Saintbridget 21:39, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi instead of going around making deletion tags instead make the articles into the language its suppose to be in. If you are interested in this subject because in other case i dnt no why you bather following this aorund both on islenska and in russian wikipedia people have instead written it in their language. i Hope you will contribute to wikipedia in a good way from now on. Thanks--126.96.36.199 13:57, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- I suppose you are talking about the Madeline McCann articles now. In ang.wikipedia, rm.wikipedia, kg.wikipedia amd sm.wikipedia they did not have any content except the title repeated and a photo and maybe some external links, and I tagged them for deletion. This is also the case with the 'celebrity' articles you created in sm.wikipedia. There isn't a single word of Samoan in them, and thus they meet the criteria for speedy deletion. Articles in Samoan Wikipedia should have content, and that content should be in Samoan. To assume that the Samoan writing users should want to give empty articles about Swedish tv reporters and models content seems a bit far-fetched to me, sorry. --Jorunn 19:11, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Jeg har laget hjemmeside til en artistvenn av meg, som en vennetjeneste (tjener ikke ett øre på det). Og fans av ham fortalte om Wikipedia og artiklene om ham der, og hvordan det var åpent for alle å legge inn informasjon - og at jeg måtte legge ut link til hjemmesiden hans der så fansene fant ham nå som han for første gang hadde fått en offisiell hjemmeside. De mente også jeg burde legge ut diskografi og fylle ut biografier der hvor jeg kunne språket, men det syntes jeg ble en for høy terskel å få til sånn i starten. Så jeg tenkte en lenke ville jo holde, da slik info jo kommer på hjemmesiden etterhvert. Jeg svettet litt i starten for å klare å skjønne hvordan man skrev inn ting, men etterhvert klarte jeg det - og var veldig stolt og kry!
Og så får jeg vite at lenken til hjemmesiden hans er blitt svartelistet!? Det faller jo urimelig ut, da. For jeg ser at enkelte av artiklene om ham er det i ettertid lagt ut lenke til MySpace't has, og det er jo hyggelig. Men hvor er logikken i at lenken til den offisielle hjemmesiden hans skal svartelistes, mens lenker til all verdens andre hjemmesider OM ham kan stå? Jeg ble fortalt at Wikipedia var et sted hvor man kunne legge ut informasjon som var relevant for det offentlige rom, at det var det Wikipedia handlet om. Så blir jeg altså svartelistet med begrunnelse i at jeg har lagt ut "for mange steder", og "bare" lenke? Forsåvidt meg som lagde MySpace't hans også, for knappe to uker siden - og det var da jeg ville legge ut lenker til den at jeg oppdaget dette med svartelistingen. Så noen lenker dit tør jeg jo ikke legge ut, og får vel bare være glad for at noen andre har gjort det i noen av artiklene om ham.
Det jeg trenger nå er hjelp av deg til å fjerne denne svartelistingen du initierte. Sperr gjerne IP-adressen min for fremtidige innlegg, men straff ikke en uskyldig tredjepart (artisten og fansen) for at jeg ikke skjønte at Wikipedia ikke var åpent for å legge inn kun lenke. Og noen spammer er jeg ikke. Jeg fylte ut "anti-spam-koder" overalt (sånne ord/bokstaver som sikrer at det er et menneske som skriver).
Det er greit at dere ikke ønsker spammere. Men dette var ikke reklame for potenspiller eller cellulittefjerner, og lenkene var 100% relevante for artiklene.
Hva gjør jeg nå? Du får guide meg. For jeg er ingen spammer, jeg er ei jente som forsøkte gjøre noe bra. Ser frem til e-post fra deg .
Med vennlig hilsen R E
- Viss det er slik at du kan norsk, men ikkje javanesisk, vil eg rå deg til heller å opprette artiklar på no.wikipedia enn på jv.wikipedia. Og å heilt unngå å leggje inn lenkjer til eigen nettstad. Det siste er ein regel.
- Artiklar utan anna innhald enn ei ekstern lenkje, og heilt utan noko innhald på det språket som wikien skal vere på, er ikkje ynskte og må slettast. I dette tilfellet måtte ein steward fare etter og slette slike artiklar på az.wikipedia, ceb.wikipedia, fo.wikipedia, jv.wikipedia, ku.wikipedia og mk.wikipedia. Om lenkja ikkje hadde vorte svartlista hadde det kunna vorte endå fleire slike sider å fjerne, og det ville vere endå meir uynskt heft av folk som helst vil gjere heilt andre ting.
- Du kan be om å få lenkja teken av svartlista att her. Det går også å be om å få lenkja kvitlista lokalt på dei einskilde prosjekta. Men i begge tilfella vil slike ynskje lettare etterkomast om dei kjem frå ein etablert brukar på wikiprosjektet, heller enn frå einkvann som er knytt til nettstaden som det er ynskt lenkja til.
- --Jorunn 23:40, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
Hei, Jorunn. Beklager, men som jeg skrev i mitt innlegg til deg så er dette en ny verden for meg. Jeg er ikke "knyttet" til artistvirksomheten hans i det hele tatt, jeg. Vet du, jeg får helt vondt i magen av dette og er egentlig helt på gråten. Hvor lenge blir domenet hans stående svartelistet da? Og hva er en etablert bruker på wikiprosjekt? Fortell meg hva jeg skal gjøre, er du søt, så skal jeg hoppe når du sier hopp bare dette blir ordnet. Jeg forsøkte bare være snill, og så endte det med dette. Jeg visste ikke det var sånn regel, jeg. Jeg var blitt fortalt at Wikipedia kunne alle legge ut info og at det var en side for hvert land. Så jeg tenkte jeg skulle være flink og legge ut på alle jeg fant. Hvis det er galt, så mente jeg det ikke sånn. Jeg snakker norsk, nynorsk, engelsk, tysk, fransk, samisk, islandsk, svensk, dansk, finsk og spansk (og bittelitt nederlandsk, men det er nok dårlig). Ikke flytende, men bra nok til å gjøre meg forstått ihvertfall.
Hvis jeg tar på meg jobben å fjerne alle linkene da? Og love aldri å skrive noe her i Wikipedia noensinne (sperr meg om det er mulig, men etter jeg har sletta da kanskje)? For jeg vet jo at ei lita tue kan velte et stort lass, men jeg er fortvilt over at min kunnskapsløshet skulle ende med at domenenavnet hans ble svartelista. Det betyr jo at ingen kan noensinne skrive domemenavnet hans noe sted i noe Wikipedia det da, eller? Hjelpemeg... o.O For hvor lenge da? For alltid? Det må være en måte jeg kan ordne dette på, og hvis noen bare forteller hvordan så skal jeg gjøre alt dere sier. Dette er jo helt forferdelig.
- Som sagt, du kan be om å få fjerna URLen 'din' frå spam svartlista ved å be om det på Talk:Spam_blacklist#Proposed_removals. Administratorane som arbeider med lista vil ta det på alvor, vurdere saka og gjere det dei meiner er rett.
- Det er ikkje veldig fårleg at ei lenkje er svartlista. Det tyder ikkje anna enn at det ikkje går å leggje inn klikkbare lenkjer til den nettstaden i Wikimedia wikiar. Du har framleis fult høve til å opprette og endre Wikipediaartiklar, på alle dei 240+ språkutgåvene av Wikipedia. Det ser t.d. ut til å mangle artikkel om artisten på no.wikipedia.
- Beste måten å få inn stoff på Wikipedia på er å lage bra artikkelinnhald, også eksterne lenkjer vil ha betre feste om dei vert lagde inn saman med meir innhald. Formålet med Wikipedia er å skape fritt, nøytralt leksikoninnhald som alle kan nytte seg av, ikkje å lage ei lenkjesamling. Difor vil artiklar utan anna innhald enn ei ekstern lenkje verte sletta. Om det finnest ein bra artikkel på eit språk vil han ofte verte omsett til andre språk og stoffet vil på det viset spreie seg naturleg.
- --Jorunn 16:15, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
Hei igjen, og takk for svar. Jeg vet ikke hva Wikimedia er, jeg har bare hørt om Wikipedia. Det er fint at svartelistingen ikke griper inn i artikkelskriving, men det er jo ikke det som er problemstillingen her. For jeg skrev ingen artikler, jeg la til lenke i artikler først. Så ble jeg stolt over at jeg fikk det til, og la inn overalt hvor jeg skjønte hvordan jeg skulle gjøre det. Og det er jo DET du reagerte på og fikk url-adressen svartelistet for. Det er greit at dere ikke vil ha spam, men da får det være beskjed om det TYDELIG så nybegynnere som meg ser det at kun lenkeinnlegg ikke er ønskelig (for eksempel i Rediger-seksjonene sammen med IP-advarselen). For da jeg så svartelistingen med begrunnelse i SPAM, fikk jeg hakeslepp. Man tenker jo gjerne at spammere er sånne leie meldinger og url'er som sniker seg inn bakveien via roboter... Man (ihvertfall ikke jeg) ser ikke på seg selv som en spammer, det blir fjernt for en nybegynner. Slik praksisen ser ut til å være (da jeg antar det ikke er du alene som leter etter "spammere"), så slår den uheldig ut. SPESIELT fordi det med all sannsynlighet er mer regelen enn unntaket at den som legger inn noe i Wikipedia IKKE er artisten/hjemmesideinnehaveren. Det kan være fans, som jeg. Dermed har min nybegynneriver med stor sannsynlighet ødelagt for i dette tilfellet en artist med et internasjonalt ry og fans over hele planeten, og fratatt fans av ham muligheten til å legge inn lenke til hjemmesiden hans i sine (eller andres) artikler. Dette er litt høl i huet, da det er SPAMMERE (det vil da si MEG og IKKE artisten) dere vel er ute etter å "ta rotta på", og ikke uskyldig part (artist/artikkelskrivere). Mitt råd er at du retter din positive energi og kunnskap i en retning som gjør at dere kan ekskludere spammere her bedre, på en mer rettferdig måte. At for eksempel man MÅ være registrert her som, hva var det du kalte det..., "etablert bruker på et wikiprosjekt" (aner ikke hva det er, men det høres jo safe't ut) for å få lagt ut lenker. Dermed kan dere ta kontakt med e-postadressen til vedkommende og gi i det minste én sjanse før dere svartelister. For dette synes jeg faller helt urimelig ut, her blir en uskyldig part i praksis den som får straffen (egentlig flere, da fans som vil skrive artikler om ham vil oppleve ikke å få lenket til hjemmesiden) - og ikke "spammeren". Så hvis jeg ikke liker trynet på en politiker eller et politisk parti, så kan jeg bare sette meg ned og spamme, så er den saken biff? Det blir jo litt mot hensikten.
Ja, jeg skal skrive til dem. Men jeg håpet du kunne hjelpe meg med dette, da dette er et område du kjenner og jeg ikke kjenner. Jeg oppfatter deg som særdeles oppegående og engasjert, og ber altså om din hjelp. Du kjenner kriteriene for hva som må til for at jeg skal lykkes å fjerne url'en fra svartelisten. Og ut fra den informasjonen du har gitt meg, ser det ut som jeg trenger all den drahjelp jeg kan få.
Gurimalla, dette stresser meg mer enn julestria.
(Endringer foretatt, da lenken ikke lenger er svartelistet og det er ønskelig å få denne utdaterte diskusjonen vekk fra søkemotortreff på mitt og artistens navn. Håper det er greit. Jeg forsøkte å slette, men det var ikke lov. Så da håper jeg at endringene kan godtas.)
FROM URDU WIKIPEDIA
HI JORUNN. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION ON URDU WIKIPEDIA. WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE REASON, WHY YOU DELETE THE EXTERNAL LINKS FROM THE ARTICLES OF QURAN AND BIBLE?
- I removed the links to tuttotempolibero.com because they were added cross wiki in a way that I would describe as massive cross wiki spam. To stop further spamming of the link I have asked that the link will be added to the spam blacklist. When a link is on the blacklist it will prevent edits being saved to article with the links in them. That is why I removed the links in ur.wikipedia, as well as in lots of other Wikipedias. Thanks. --Jorunn 08:06, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
Dear Jorunn, there is a new proposal against the Volapük Wikipedia: m:Proposals for closing projects/Radical cleanup of Volapük Wikipedia. In case you agree with our viewpoint, perhaps you could help us out? Thanks! --Smeira 01:30, 27 december 2007.
Contribution in the devloppment of haitian creole wiktionary
Kontribisyon nan pwojè Dikyonè an
Mwen administratè nan wikipedya ak wikisource ayisyen.
Mwen ap kontinye pwojè wiksyonè kreyòl Ayisyen (haitian creole wiktionary) nan adrès sa a :
Pou pwojè sa a valide konplètman, nou bezwen ke ou ede nou kreye vokabilè yo epi definisyon yo. Yo te mèt senp, se pa anpil bagay. Administratè yo vle wè ke pwojè sa a kapab bout toutbon.Mwen ap diskite ak gwo toro Steward ak administratè yo pou yo ouvè yon Wiktionary toutbon nan paj sa a : http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wiktionary_Haitian_Creole
Mwen mande nou sèlman edite chak fwa nou vini, yon ti mo, yon ti pawòl nan wiksyonè a. Mete lyen an nan paj itilizatè ou.
Mwen komanse yon ti fòm pou fasilite edisyon nou yo. Ou mèt gade li nan paj sa a : ht:Itilizatè:Masterches/lis_wiksyonè
Kouman nou ap fè
Ki jan pou nou fè ?
- enskri ou nan paj wikimedya a si ou poko genyen yon kont nan wikimedya : http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup&returnto=Translation_teams/ht
- ale nan paj sa a, kite yon avi : http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wiktionary_Haitian_Creole
- gade paj prensipal an : http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/wt/ht
- Tout mo yo ap komanse pa "wt/ht/" : pa egzanp, si ou vle defini "bouki", ou ap chache "wt/ht/bouki"
(rezon an se paske anpil pwojè ap devlope epi wt/+kòt lang peyi, lè pwojè a aksepte, tout rasin wt/ht ap bouje nan rasin paj pwojè a, dirèkteman [[bouki]] plito ke [[wt/ht/bouki]] )
- ou mèt gade paj mwen an pou kèk egzanp epi yon modèl definisyon pou fasilite kontribisyon nou yo nan paj sa a : ht:Itilizatè:Masterches/lis_wiksyonè
- kite mesaj ak diskisyon nan paj yo, kite mesaj nou si nou genyen kèk pwoblèm ekri mwen nan paj mwen : ht:itilizatè:Masterches
- ...mèsi ankò ! Ede mwen kreye wiksyonè sa a, nou kapab fè li ! Nou kapab devlope li !
Pou tout kesyon, mande mwen san kraze tèt ou.
Gade zye tou nan lòt pwojè yo, tankou :
- haitian creole wikiquote : http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wq/ht (diskisyon sou li :http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikiquote_Haitian_Creole)
- haitian creole wikisource : http://ht.wikisource.org
diksyonè (an demann)
pwovèb yo (an demann)
lib dokiman yo
Tradiksyon pou tout moun konprann byen
Contribution in the devloppment of the haitian creole wiktionary
I'm admin in Haitian creole wikipedia and wikisource. I'm continuing the devlopment of the future haitian creole wiktionary. I'd like it to be a place where all questions of vocabulary could be solve quickly. Many of us are looking for a correct definition, vocabulary,sentence, or a large source of information concerning a word but remain disappointed due to lack of this information.
I'd like to invite you to contribute to the devlopment of this project. It's currently under aproval because we need contributors for editing the beta version (at http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/wt/ht ). The discussions with the admins are at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wiktionary_Haitian_Creole.
your first contribution could be very short, that's not a problem (for instance "Frans se yon peyi" will be sufficient for the first definition for France)
How to do it ?
- first login or create an account on meta-wiki at : http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup&returnto=Translation_teams/ht
- let your opinion about this project at : http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wiktionary_Haitian_Creole
- start by the homepage : http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/wt/ht
- in this beta version inside incubator, all the words have to start with "wt/ht", for example, if you want to create "bouki", you will search for "wt/ht/bouki"
- you can look at my page for some examples and templates which would make your contribution easier : List of examples
thank you for your contribution.
You can contact me if any problems at : MasterChes
See also all that is working out :
- haitian creole wikiquote : http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wq/ht (diskisyon sou li :http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikiquote_Haitian_Creole)
- haitian creole wikisource : http://ht.wikisource.org
diksyonè (an demann)
pwovèb yo (an demann)
lib dokiman yo
--Masterches 16:58, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi Jorunn, I wondered if You want to come to the irc-channel where it is much easier to add something to the multilingual-speedy-deletions. Thanks for Your work there, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| ∇ 23:01, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
Hi Jorunn - if you have the time can you take a look at this. From my perspective I have no problem with you closing ones that you do not see as being a real threat - thanks for the work & help --Herby talk thyme 07:13, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
-  should be deleted. If possible it should also be protected so IPs can't recreate it.
- I tried to redirect Template:delete to the name of the local delete template on fa:wikiquote, but I'm not sure that worked out like it should, could you please have a look at it? Thank you.--Jorunn 22:24, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for you attention. Now deleted and protected , you redirect was correct.Any further need of me just drop note to my talk page.--Mardetanha talk 07:39, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yes :) --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| ∇ 18:23, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
- Dei kunne trenge nokon som veit korleis ting kan fiksast med hesjestreng her på Meta òg ;)Finn Rindahl 18:32, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
Thank you, but I have never really felt I needed the admin tools here. The only reason I come here is because there is cross wiki spam and vandalism. Soon I hope the clever people who knows how to make bots and fancy stuff will find better ways to control that crap, so I will not have to run after the spambots like an old dog chasing cars, and I can stay comfertably put at my home wiki. That is my plan. --Jorunn 13:10, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Og då skal eg nok få tid til å tvinne noko fint i hesjestreng. --Jorunn 13:13, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
Just to be sure : the report is generated by the bot, but one still has to remove the link manually ?
This template now takes an optional 2nd parameter for Google AdSense ID numbers. For example,
Blocking vs blacklisting
Sorry I missed your response - I had not intended to accuse you of anything, which seems to be the interpretation you took (nor did I intend to even suggest that the block was wrong). I take your point - work on the blacklist is difficult, time-consuming, and thankless; it's no wonder there are only a handful who dare enter the fray. However any Meta admin and any steward should feel welcome to use that tool to stop a spammer - if that is not the case, I'm open to suggestions to make contributing in that area easier. Indeed, I've tried recently to take on that challenge, for example by personally mentoring a few users (none of whom stayed around) and by making instructions for logging easier to understand and follow.
If there is an emergency, a steward or meta admin could be requested to blacklist the domain (if there is someone available to do a global block, then there is someone equally available to blacklist). If the lag time is abused, or many domains are used in rapid succession, then blocking should be used to stop the spammer. This is my take on the issue, and I'd be interested to hear if you differ with me on that point. — Mike.lifeguard | talk 21:42, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- And as I mentioned before, have you considered an RFA? I think you'd make a good admin at Meta if you're willing to do so. — Mike.lifeguard | talk 21:43, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Mike, I didn't take it as an accuasation, I just tried to explain how I was thinking. Acctually I found the question interesting, it lead me to think about the spamlist versus other means. And I've come to the conclusion that in some cases a short global block probably is less restricting and intrusive than a blacklisting. Blacklistings are sort of forever, if something ends up on the blacklist it takes an effort from someone to get it of the blacklist again. For new editors, editors who doesn't know much English (or another of the large languages), are writing on one of the smaller wikis, or editors without much knowledge of technical stuff, it is probably very daunting to try to get a link off the blacklist, or even on the local whitelist (there quite possibley isn't one yet). If there is another way to stop people who are just overexcited with a link then that is preferable. Other links are of course just utter crap and should be blacklisted forever. I don't think the link in question on that occasion was one of them, if editors on some wiki would like to use it they should be allowed to do so, even if someone once inserted the link in 90+ articles. I really like the thought behind en:XLinkBot, I wish there were such bots on many more wikis.
- The blacklist work is intricate and delicate, I think it is for the best that those who do it are experts. --Jorunn 23:26, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- I can certainly understand your reasoning. However I think it is in the long-term best interests of our projects to blacklist domains which are abused rather than blocking the user. Blocking should be a last resort, especially when doing so affects well over 700 wikis. In terms of spam, global blocking should be used (as was discussed) for cases where the blacklist proves ineffective against a spammer.
- And I certainly agree with birdy: I consider you a part of the spam blacklist team & would love to see you more involved there. As you know, we always need more hands and eyes. — Mike.lifeguard | talk 15:29, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
cross wiki editing
Hello, I believe you are accusing me of "vandalism", I was told by a number of established Administrators that a ban in En Wikipedia has nothing to do with other language wikis like wiki Fr, ect. yet you accuse me of vandalism, this is rather severe, I have knowledge of German, Italian, and French and simply practising my writing. This seems abusive to me and I am going to email the Foundation. I feel that these accusations against me may also be stemmed in Prejudice
(disability), and also misogyny and this concerns me as well. I have really had enough of this. Just so you know the "sockpuppet" accusation in Wik Eng was false and based on the fact that I and a number of other people were editing from the same ip (and had worked on the same article) I dont like having my reputation blacked like this! Wikipedia is a non profit and should treat people in a fair and equitable way.
Eastvillagegroupie 16:10, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'm accusing you of conflict of interest editing and excessive linking to some websites. --Jorunn 18:37, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Conflict of Interest
I seriously don't know what you mean by "conflict of interest"? I am just a fan of certain musicians, Sean Lennon, J. Galland...I have never met these people..???, If I edited Michael Jackson, would this mean I know him too? everybody edits subjects that they are interested in, or why would they make themselves miserable editing things they hate...? you could have at least told me once about the linking to the websites, and I would have removed it instead of accusations about my intentions. and this "name calling" business, I am Canadian and we like to talk about things in a peaceful way instead of this sort of aggressiveness, also I resent having alledged incidents from like years ago dredged up, can you ever release a grudge?? how do you sleep at night? I give up... thanks for your understanding and rudeness. this is not worth the stressEastvillagegroupie 13:21, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is for neutral point of view encyclopedic information.
- Here you can read what is meant by conflict of interest.
- When the same person/small group of persons are creating articles about the same topic in many Wikipedia editons it might be an indication that they are using Wikipedia to promote some cause, person, tourist destination, cell phone company, website, whatever.
- When you are creating an article like the one in oc.wikipedia, with only one line of text: Jordan Galland (n. en 1980) es un famòs cantaire, compositor e productor american de pop. (Jordan Galland (born 1980) is a famous american pop singer, composer and producer) and adds two external links, one of which is to dopoyume.com which main message is: "select songs from Jordan Galland's upcoming album - airbrush - are now available for download. preview & download the songs here", then it looks like you are trying to sell Jordan Gallands songs rather than creating neutral encyclopedic information. This might be ok on one Wikipedia, but when you do it on many it looks like promotion to me.
- It makes sense to me to try to let the rest of the Wikipedia comumnity know this so that they can keep that in mind when they evaluate the articles and the links. --Jorunn 00:03, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
conflict of interest
conflict of interest
I just did these articles using the wikis other singers as examples, almost all are conected to links that promote their music, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_aguilera just that indie singers are not as well known and maybe less contributors, well no harm was intended and I have nothing to gain by promoting someone I dont even know. try and give someone the benefit of the doubt..this is a lot of paranoia around this place... thanks\
Eastvillagegroupie 17:21, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
what is a global rollbacker?
Hej Jorunn, what is a global rollbacker? I ask this because you told me, "F.N. Berg", that my URL realgems.org can be whitelisted again if an important Wiki supports this. Are German admins qualified enough for this? Kind regards, 188.8.131.52 11:36, 22 February 2009 (UTC) ("F.N. Berg") I see that I have to do an extra log in when I write something on the en Wiki. I'm just logged in on German Wiki, sorry.
- See Global rollback
- My global rollbacker tool has nothing to do with my declining of your request for whitlisting of your link. I am declining it as an regular user who knows some about how the process of blacklisting and whitelisting of links works. Links gets removed from the blacklist when a trusted high volume user needs the link, ditto for whitelisting. It is uncomon that the link gets removed as a response to requests from the website owner. It is the users who write the articles who should get to decide which links that is needed in the articles. And when such a user asks to get the link whitelisted or removed from the blacklist because they need the link the request will be carefully considered. --Jorunn 11:53, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Hej Jorunn, what about my question "are German admins qualified enough to ask for a global whitelisting"? Mike F.N. Berg 12:19, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Anyone is qualified to ask. But requests from users who are writing the articles on a subject related to the subject of the website of the link will be carrying more weight.
- If you create a Unified account you will not have to log into every wiki separatly. --Jorunn 12:36, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Jorunn, many thanks for your helpful infos! I just created such a unified login. Also thanks for your tip re such special users.
- Best, F.N. Berg 12:42, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Usually I leave a link to a bot report in the edit summary for the link removal. The reason can probably be found there. --Jorunn 22:01, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi! You removed all of my relevant links to prophecyfilm.com which has this person's collected works in numerous languages that you can see if you visit the website and which has history in the works which is about 1500 pages long. Why do you remove it when I try to make useful additions, Check for yourself that it is relevant, I am going to make many additions from this huge work in theological and historical areas and want to see that my work is not deleted immediately after I am done. Please help me so my work will be according to your guidelines. Should I have added the for example the specific language link, that is, www.prophecyfilm/spanish. What must I change? Am I blacklisted now by you, I would appreciate help since I am new and dont understand fully the rules. Should I wait with additions until you have sorted this mess out and helped me? Peace! Saintbridget 04:28, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Please read the guidelines for external links on the various Wikipedias, you can start here. You are not supposed to add links to your own website. The link isn't blacklisted here on meta. When you add a link to multiple wikis it will be noticed by a bot which monitors link insertion on all Wikimedia wikis, and the bot makes a report. That is all that has happend here. If you continue to add the link one of the administrators here might find that the link must be blacklisted. I will strongly disencourage you from adding any more links to your webiste. It might result in the links being blacklisted here on meta, and that will mean that it can not be inserted as a working link by anyone in any of the wikis that uses the MediaWiki software and the blacklist extension.
- I did however blacklist the link on nn.wikipedia where links to your website had been inserted and removed 3 times in a few days. Please don't reinsert the link in articles where they have been removed, if you don't agree with the removal use the discussion page of the article to say why you think the link should be in the article.
- Please remember that rather than just external links we want free encyclopedic content in the actual articles. Wikipedia isn't a web directory. The main purpose of external links is to give reference for the free encyclopedic content. --Jorunn 12:46, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Can you contact me on my page where you wrote to me first so I can find your help.?So, how am I going to work now, if the links cannot be added to each of numerous languages, and there is very many of them. You said I shouldnt use them anymore, when this is the site I am going to get all sources from? I beg you to please remove that thing on me and then coach me so I can do everything right according to the books. Peace! Saintbridget 21:20, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
If I added them again, I thought it was because someone were playing with me and removing them out of spite, I did not realize that it was a violation of your policies? So I am sorry if I redid them but it was a honest mistake, How can I continue working now, when I have this blacklist? Saintbridget 22:29, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Help me Jorunn!
Oh yes, I saw I had added to some wrong topics but I thought they were right since she was in the catholic church and her writings are accepted by them. Yes, I know I did these mistakes, but I thought it was right since she was a catholic. I am sorry but I am a dummy and new to this, these should all be erased, I agree now that I understand, but the rest were 100% right and ok and yet they were all removed, How do I go about to restoring them. There are maybe 25 right and 5 wrong, and yet almost all were removed, All are concerning Bridget of Sweden, and they are linked together in a wikiproject as you can see in the language section of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_of_Sweden I apologize very much again but I am dumb and totally new so I do not understand what to do and my english is poor, have patience with the dummy. Peace!Its not mine site. The site is the only one in the world that has her collected works and her history, so should I not then link the topics and different wikis of this person, when the website with most info about her in the world is posted by me. I have not spammed willfully or broken your rules, please help me. I have read the rules and I dont see where I have erred. If there are many wikis about the same person, then should i not add them if the website has her works in many different languages? I hope you can help me so i can add them again since they are totally relevant, which you can see. I was going to add material from the site, but I was removed and lost the appetite for doing work that would be removed immediately. But someone taught me what I should do - contact you. But when I am going to make contributions to the articles in the different languages, I want to add the specific language link, like, prophecyfilm/italian. Will I be able to do that or is that now spam, I fail to see how that is spam though. So I wait for your answer to do any further work until you have solved my stupid moves and coached me so I can do the work without having it removed immediately. And I hope you can remove me from the blacklist or whatever it was, i didnt understand fully what it was for a list that i was on. Peace! Saintbridget 21:18, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- As long as you add links to your own website they are wrong. Links should be added by those who write the actual articles, by the wiki communities themselves, not by site owners. So my advise is for you to not add links to your own webiste. If your website is of value to those who write the articles, they will add the link, and if they don't you must respect that. Thank you. --Jorunn 12:52, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
I'm very unsure of the right process but I think you are the right personn.
To be very concise not loosing your time :
It seems you deleted my contributions with valid interesting link in a few Frédéric Chopin pages, following a bot telling that I put 17 links in one week.
I don't want to discuss or revert your decision hence I've have a lot of arguments. Simply, reading the report, it seems you are about to delete soon the last contribution on the English page of Chopin (Closed report, reopened. --COIBot 14:48, 13 July 2009 (UTC)). Please, check the site before taking a final decision.
The page is : [Music4tune: Chopin pages]http://www.music4tune.com/index.spark?forumID=71654&subForumID=428607&p=2
which leads to a goldmine non commercial informative part of the site with complete list of Chopin'works including 250 musical excerpts and near 1000 detailed academic rewiews for each one of the 250 pieces listed.
If a few seconds spent on the site can convince you of the huge amount of work and encyclopedic real content available for researchers and music student, I promise to stop here and simply maintain my valuable link on the English page. Please take note that I'm fully unaware of the complicated steps involved in the "white list", "blacklist" or any kinf of robot automated validation or ban process.
The Music4tune administrator
- Please read en:Wikipedia:COI and en:Wikipedia:EL. You are not supposed to add links to your own website. --Jorunn 21:44, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
But I want created Wikipedia Yawi language for south Thailand. Malay and Yawi was very different.Md. Farhan 11:08, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Whatever. --Jorunn 11:12, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Hello, I saw your comments here, regarding the possible spam-link efforts. I think there is no need to remove that link, as the site seems to be harmless. Thanks, --Metal Militia 12:00, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Re: Cross wiki vandalism on Caster Semenya articles
- Thank you. I saw after I had posted on your talk page that you had already started cleaning before I'd managed to finish typing the message. --Jorunn 13:03, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
Your admin status
Hello. I'm a steward. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus recently. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on yiwiktionary, where you are an administrator. Since yiwiktionary does not have its own administrators' rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights, and demonstrate a continued requirement to maintain these rights.
We stewards will evaluate the responses. If there is no response at all after approximately one month, we will proceed to remove your administrative rights. In cases of doubt, we will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact us on m:Stewards' noticeboard.