- 1 IRC cloak request
- 2 Request for usurpation
- 3 London WCA meeting
- 4 Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Free knowledge author visits European parliament members
- 5 FDC Election Question
- 6 Signpost inquiry
- 7 FLOSS-Exchange#Wikimedia Italia
- 8 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 9 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 10 Grants talk:Learning & Evaluation/Global metrics#Metric 4b
- 11 Diritti d'immagine
- 12 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 13 Traduzioni ASBS
- 14 Duplicato
- 15 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 16 Correcting reports
- 17 Booking your flights
- 18 Translation adminship
- 19 FDC handbook
- 20 Needing someone to announce Global centralnotice in Italian Wikipedia
- 21 Good luck!
- 22 FDC
- 23 Global preferences ready for testing
- 24 Special:MyLanguage e reindirizzamenti
- 25 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 26 "Who Wrote That" project update
- 27 The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support
- 28 Interest in collaborating with CivilServant?
IRC cloak request
I am Laurentius on freenode and I would like the cloak wikimedia/Laurentius. Thanks. --Laurentius 16:10, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
Request for usurpation
London WCA meeting
as I wrote, a twin room in the Holiday Express Inn is available for 93 quids per day at the moment. I am not sure about you and WMIT but I would need a receipt to cover expenses. Should each person take a room for 1 night and let them know we want to keep the room? Spliting costs afterwards could be problematic. :) aegis maelstrom δ 09:12, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
P.S. Of course it doesn't have to be this particular hotel. There are other good ones with similar or even lower prices and there is one well-rated budget hotel 10 minutes walk from the office - EasyHotel for just 49 quids per night. Should someone want to really squize the costs it is a viable option, however it is not the same facility where Markus and Manuel stay. aegis maelstrom δ 09:48, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Se vuoi dare un'occhiata... --Nemo 08:52, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- Concordo anch'io, era solo un segnaposto. :) Per piacere sostituiscilo con qualunque cosa ti sembri meglio. --Nemo 20:41, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
FDC Election Question
Given the short time frame before the election starts I just wanted to let you know that a question was asked of all FDC candidates on the Candidate question page. If you want to respond you can do so by editing that section and adding your response after the = sign next to your name. The question section will remain open (both for questions and responses) throughout the election and is linked from the voting interface so that voters can read it if they wish.
Thanks again for choosing to run and for your willingness to serve the community. As always please let me or any member of the committee know if you have questions throughout the process.Jalexander--WMF 06:32, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
Dear Laurentius, I've emailed you.
Puoi aiutarmi ad aggiornarlo? --Nemo 20:46, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
- In effetti mi pareva un improbabile salto in avanti... vabbè, aggiorno. Per fortuna m'hai avvertito, perché io lo stavo già comunicando in giro. --Nemo 16:59, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Sarà dura. --Nemo 21:03, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
Avremmo dovuto farci pagare 250 $/ora anche noi per quella discussione sui diritti d'immagine. ;) Grants:PEG/Wikimedia New York City/Development of a model release process for photos and video --Nemo 21:59, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Stavo iniziando a radurre qualcosa per sfizio e vedo che sei un "facilitatore". Anzitutto non sono sicuro come "affiliate-selected Board sats", vada tradotto: va bene "membri del consiglio selezionati dagli affiliati"? Ma soprattutto non mi è chiarissimo come funzioni. Cioè ho letto velocemente le FAQ ma mi sono perso su come funzioni a livello di capitolo. Ogni capitolo/associazione scelgie a suo modo? Il "voto" del singolo capitolo (ma anche l'endorsement) è ratificato dal suo consiglio direttivo? Si ascolta un po' la ML dei soci del capitolo/associazione su cosa conviene fare? Scusa la curiosità ma scopro tutto questo in pratica per la prima volta, non avevo mai toccato con mano il processo di scelta di quei membri.--Alexmar983 (talk) 08:17, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- devo dire che sorprende la scarsa attività di WMI su questo fronte, io non ho notato nulla di specifico quindi forse se c'è stato è stato sottotono rispetto a altri argomenti. Per esempio se io inviassi una mail in ML per sapere cose ne pensano gli altri, giusto per avere un'idea di chi ha conosciuto da vicino che potrebbe essere nominato, sarebbe una cosa gradita oppure no? Perché a un certo punto l'istinto era quello, poi ho visto il tuo nome e ti ho scritto. Più che altro se decide il direttivo e il voto parte tipo il 24 marzo e finisce parecchie settimane dopo, quale è il direttivo di WMI Italia che vota? Perché se è quello neoeletto alla prossima assemblea, è interessante sapere una visione di massima dei singoli candidati sull'argomento, no?--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:46, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- Non ho capito quale è il direttivo, se quello attuale o quello votato fra qualche settimana, che fa la scelta ma magari è una delle cose che non puoi dire ;) qualcosina forse si intuiva da come ne parlava qualcuno ma non era chiarissimo almeno a me che ci sarebbe stato questo tipo di scelta con queste tempistiche. Comunque penso sia utile che tutti i profili dei candidati siano tradotti in italiano prima dell'Assemblea, aiuterà a far virare l'inevitabile discussione sul futuro di WMF e il ruolo di WMi su qualcosa di concreto a breve temrine, e questo mi sembra sempre una cosa buona.--Alexmar983 (talk) 15:03, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- grazie! scusa se ho abusato del tuo tempo "prsidenziale". Domani mando una mail e chiedo se qualcuno vuole aiutare con le traduzioni in italiano.--Alexmar983 (talk) 15:37, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
Ascolta ho visto che hai strutturato Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Results, ma tanto c'è Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Voted già tradotto. Forse è il caso di evitare duplicati...--Alexmar983 (talk) 11:15, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Ciao Lorenzo, thanks for catching the error on Amical's progress report! Please make sure, when you do something like this, to document it on the talk page, so we can catch it and document it elsewhere (we keep pdfs of the report, for example). Grazie! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 09:53, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
Booking your flights
@Laurentius: Ciao Lorenzo, I am a bit at a loss as to how to ping you effectively. My emails and those from others stay unanswered :(. Please please make sure you fill the forms to book your flights ASAP! Late flights cost our movement money :). Thanks! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 21:42, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- Questa te la devo chiedere Lorenzo, io mi occupo di traduzioni in qua e là e mi è capitato di vedere anche pagine che secondo me andavano tradotte. Non vado a caccia di flag ma mi è sempre rimasto il dubbio che un giorno forse mi sarei potuto occupare di qualcosa in modo "professionale". Visto che l'hai avuto te lo chiedo di persona: ma esattamente come funziona? Non tanto in teoria, proprio in pratica, quale esperienza spinge un TA a autorizzare una traduzione, o a non autorizzarla? Mi ha sempre incuriosito.--Alexmar983 (talk) 11:26, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
Ciao Laurentius, grazie per aver messo un link da board handbook al FDC handbook. Penso che qualcosa sia andata male, magari ci dai un'occhiata. Magari dovremo anche indicare in qualche modo che il FDC non è un "board" nel senso stretto, che ne pensi? Grazie, --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 19:02, 1 May 2017 (UTC)
Needing someone to announce Global centralnotice in Italian Wikipedia
Hello. I see that the banner was made at Italian Wikipedia to encourage its audience to sign their response to 2017 ban in Turkey. Then I saw this: Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government. I wonder whether you can announce the proposal at Italian Wikipedia. Here's my suggested announcement that needs Italian translation:
Hi all. The proposal on the global centralnotice about Turkey's ban on Wikipedia is made at Meta-wiki, where I invite you to comment.
Lol, ops. :-) Mentre facevo una revisione completa delle traduzioni sono finito per "sistemare" le parti del tuo testo che avevi tradotto tu stesso in italiano. :-))) Guarda pure le modifiche e rollbackami tranquillamente del tutto o dove credi sia meglio. :-) --Lucas (talk) 07:26, 6 June 2017 (UTC)
Global preferences ready for testing
I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.
- Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
- Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
- Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
- Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
- Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations
Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.
Special:MyLanguage e reindirizzamenti
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
"Who Wrote That" project update
Hello. I'm reaching out to you as you participated in the 2017 Community Wishlist proposal for "Who Wrote That" project (previously known as "Blame Tool"). The Community Tech team is kicking things off on the project and we have an early-stage mockup available for you to look at. I invite you to follow that project page, where I will be posting periodic status updates for the project. You are also welcome to provide your thoughts on the talk page. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 22:57, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support
Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.
While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Interest in collaborating with CivilServant?
Hi Laurentius -
I got your name from Iberocoop (their meta page, actually), whom I met with last year at Wikimania, and thought you'd be a good person to reach out to. CivilServant's a research nonprofit that works with Wikipedians (for free) that are interested in testing ideas to make their Wikipedias flourish. We're currently working with five Wikipedias (Arabic, French, German, Persian & Polish) but are hoping to expand our partnerships with other Wikipedias in 2020. If you or others with it.wiki might be interested in testing innovations or tools (anything the Italian language Wikipedia community uses to try to improve the quality or breadth of content) to see if they are indeed effective, we'd love to talk to you.
Also, if you are planning to go to Wikimania, we are hosting a Research Summit on the 19th that you may be interested in attending (we could cover the accommodations costs for staying two extra nights in Stockholm). You can read more about the summit - and link to the application - on our Research Summit Meta page. (We're asking for applications by June 10.)
Of course, feel free to spread the word to others who might be interested in attending the summit or just talking to us.