you admin flag on si.wiki is active. As a sysop you'll be able to edit the pages in the MediaWiki: namespace. Those pages contain the system messages used to customize the interface.
Feel free to contact me should you need help (unfortunately I cannot read nor write Sinhala). Thank you for the localization work. Bye. --Paginazero 14:24, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- Now that's what I call a fast response. :-) I'm still analyzing what needs to be changed. I sure will be asking a lot of questions from you guys. ;-) Again, Thanks a lot. - Rathne 14:40, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
All the strings to be translated are listed in the si:Special:Allmessages page. Just click on the blue links listed in the left column of the table and edit each string as though it was a normal wiki page. I suggest you to start with the short ones used for displaying the menus on the left. Bye. --Paginazero 15:01, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- Kool!!! That bit of information will save me about a week of reading. I'm really impressed by the way community treats new guys. Thanks. -- Rathne 14:37, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
I read in si:Wikipedia:Administrators that you already listed your name in the nominations section.
You might try to leave a message in a community page (maybe si:Wikipedia:කෝපි කඩේ ?) asking the community of the users to express their support to your nomination.
Actually the only permanent administrator of si.wiki, si:User:Chin, made no edits since last October. I daresay that if no opposition rises by the end of the month, your adminship could be made permanent. Bye, --Paginazero 20:43, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks Paginazero. :-) --Lee 08:29, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
User Creation Issue in Sinhala Wikipedia
We are having some issues with creating users in Sinhala Wikipedia. We are not allowed to create user names like "සසීන්ද්ර" and "නන්දිමිත්ර". Can someone guide me where I should report this? --Lee 14:12, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hiya Lee! I'd suggest filing a report at bugzilla:. May I assume the error is related to the inclusion of what appears to be a modifier character in the name? I tried to register both of the usernames and get "You have not specified a valid user name.", so it's apparently not a blacklist issue. If you end up needing any more help, please let me know! Kylu 14:33, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Kylu. I should have known better than this ;-) Thanks a lot for the note! You are always there when I need help. --Lee 14:44, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Oho, and you got a good number too! Kylu 03:57, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
Did you ever get a resolution to your Sinhala Wikipedia translation issue? As well, would you consider helping us with further translation into Sinhala? Please let me know, either on my talk page, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 17:52, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry for not visiting here more often. I’m kind of having a battle against the time these days. I’ll try to get back to you soon. --Lee 12:04, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- One more thing, is it ok if I mark the translation of the appeal as done? --Lee 12:51, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Editor Appeals Need Translations
I want to thank you for your help translating during this year's fundraiser. The fundraiser has greatly benefited from all your contributions. Currently, the appeals from Wikipedia editors Kartika, Liliaroja, Abbas and Joan Gomà need to be translated and localized. Also some core messages need to be updated for certain languages. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. Also for those of you who haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit. schapman
- I'm sorry for not being available most of the time. But I'll try my best to help whenever possible. --Lee 17:31, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
Translator, We need you!
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
Dear Lee, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:27, 12 September 2014 (UTC)