User talk:Li-Yun Lin
Welcome to Meta!
Hello, Li-Yun Lin. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
.--Cohaf (talk) 05:38, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
WAM logo in Slovak
Hi, following on this, I would like to ask how does it look with the handwriting for the logo of Asian Month in Slovak since I haven't found any email from you so far. Sincerely, --Luky001 (talk) 18:42, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
- Luky001, I will request here. --Patriccck (talk) 11:34, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- Luky001 You didn't receive any email from me? That's weird... I will send the handwriting pictures to you again tomorrow. -- Jamie Li-Yun Lin (talk) 13:52, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- Jamie, can you send handwriting pictures to me? Thanks! --Patriccck (talk) 16:10, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Patriccck: Patriccck, I could have done the version with the font as in Czech logo months ago but I wanted to have original handwriting from Li-Yun Lin. I have been waiting for this handwriting for quite some time now and I will request the Slovak logo with handwriting on my own. Thanks for the help but please leave it to me, it will not make further confusion. This logo can be deleted, there is "ÁZIJSKÝ MĚSÍAC" instead of "ÁZIJSKÝ MESIAC".
- @Li-Yun Lin: Thanks for doing the handwriting, if the logo doesn't come tomorrow I will tell you here and in the worst-case situation you can upload it on Commons. --Luky001 (talk) 20:23, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- Jamie, can you send handwriting pictures to me? Thanks! --Patriccck (talk) 16:10, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi, why Sailesh Patnik is not WAM Chief Co-ordinator for this year? --Patriccck (talk) 11:36, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
He wants to take a rest and focus on other projects this year. I am dealing with some documents and reports these days, all the information related to WAM 2019 will be released as soon as possible. -- Jamie Li-Yun Lin (talk) 13:49, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
WAM logo in Czech
Can you please send the Czech handwriting pictures to me (for Czech logo)? --Patriccck (talk) 10:04, 23 July 2019 (UTC)
Listeria bot is banned
Hoi, we met at Wikimania (:GerardM) I told you about a project where Listeria is used for updating data from Wikidata ... The data is already used extensively so the question is can we please unblog Listeria.. It will make a big difference when we want to share data common to shared projects. This one is mine, Women in Red is another that uses Listeria lists. Thanks, GerardM (talk) 04:41, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
Suggestions for future WAMs
Hello Li-Yun Lin, hello @AddisWang:
I am a regular contibutor to WAM in the German Wikipedia since 2015 and I would like to make some suggestions for the future events: I think that too much emphasis is currently laid on the number of articles created. I think we should strive not to create as many articles as possible but to create as many good articles as possible. In the past the contest has led to the creation of lots of relatively tiny articles (3kb+) which often do not really meet the criteria for high quality. Sometimes these are artificially inflated by overfluous details to achieve a size of more than 3kb. In my view, it is simply impossible to create more than, let's say 30 good articles in a month, because of time constraints. Users who are argueing otherwise may be not critical enough or have to low minimum quality standards.
My suggestions are the following:
- abandoning the title "Asian Ambassador": the title leads to an unhealthy race to create lots of tiny articles of relative low quality
- introducing a medal system as rewards instead (gold, silver, bronze medals), e.g., for creating 20, 10 or 4 articles.
Greetings --Furfur (talk) 08:37, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia Asian Month 2019
Please help translate to your language
Thank you for organizing Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 for your local Wikipedia language. For rules and guidelines, refer to this page on Meta. To reach out for support for the contest or ask any query, reach out to us on our Contact Us page. Our International Team will be assisting you through out the contest duration. Thank you for your efforts in making this project successful.
--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:46, 2 November 2019 (UTC)
Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest
In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.
Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.
Wikipedia Asian Month international team.
--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:12, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
What's Next (WAM)!
Congratulations! The Wikipedia Asian Month has ended successfully and you've done amazing work of organizing. What we've got and what's next?
- We have a total of 10,186 articles made during this edition and it's the highest of all time.
- Make sure you judge all articles before December 20th, Once you finish the judging, please update this page.
- There will be two round of address collection scheduled: December 22th and December 27th 2019.
- Please report the local Wikipedia Asian Ambassador (who has most accepted articles) on this page, if the 2nd participants have more than 30 accepted articles, you will have two ambassadors.
- In case you wondering how can you use the WAM tool (Fountain) in your own contest, contact the developer Le Loy for more information.
Wikipedia Asian Month International Team
--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:30, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
WAM Postcard Form
Hello, first of all, if you are not in charge of the WAM Postcard, please forward this request to the person(s) concerned. Sorry to disturb you, but I got a message in the name of WAM International Team, which directed to you. I wanted to know if we can stop using Google Forms for collecting addresses for the WAM postcard. This is because (1) users need to have a Google account and (2) Google doesn't have a particularly good reputation for privacy and security. Would it be possible to do the same using an internal system, maybe from next year? Thank you --Jose Mathew C (talk) 20:21, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
WAM went dormant on Simple English Wikipedia
Hi, I'm not so concerned about getting a postcard, but would like to make sure that Simple is on the record for WAM and that the articles add to the total. Looks like the jurors at Simple dropped out. Not sure if I should bring this to your attention or someone else. Thanks, --Gotanda (talk) 01:23, 25 January 2020 (UTC)
WAM 2019 Esperanto winner
Dear Jamie, please check your email. I have send you an information about WAM 2019 Esperanto winner, who had problems to provide an address. It would be great if winner's effort was really appreciated by the postcard. If you are not responsible person for that, please forward the message to the right one and confirm it to me. Many thanks or WAM and you support! --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 19:55, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
WAM 2019 postcards
Hi, there are quite a few people wondering on Meta if the postcards have been sent already, could you please comment? Le Loy 11:47, 7 March 2020 (UTC)
- Just to let you know that my postcard arrived safely here in the UK two days ago. Thank you. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 19:32, 20 June 2020 (UTC)
Asian month organizing team ,
I have received the asian month digital postcard few days ago and the name written in the post card is my user name (Fathima rinosa) . I am pleased to request to asian month organizing team to re-enter my name in the certificate as (Fathima Shaila ). I have selected as tamil community asian ambassador and still didn't receive the certificate . Please be kind enough to follow up and send the certificate. Thank you, Fathima rinosa (talk) 06:44, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
Private information from the Wikipedia Asian Month response form is accessible to the public
I can clearly read everyone's home address and easily match them up with their private e-mail address using this linked form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftK0OwA_f1ZVtCULlyi4bKU9w2Z7QfW4Y_1v9ltdTIFKFcXQ/viewanalytics Could you do something about that? --Nicholas0 (talk) 21:21, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hi @Nicholas0: I notice that problem 30 mins ago and change the setting, the information should not be seen anymore. If there is any other issue please do let me know. Best, Li-Yun Lin (talk) 21:39, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
Regarding WAM 2020
Hope You are Doing Good. I Earlier Submitted successfully the 2 Articles as a Participation to WAM 2020, which were the Xiaoyi (Robot) & Huaifang Water Reclamation Plant. But Would also like to Further inform you that I Tried Submitting the 2 more Articles as a Requirement for WAM again; Which are Shanghai Pharmaceuticals n China National Electric Engineering Company, Both of which were Created by 30 Nov, 2020 n Solely for the purpose of WAM Partc. Dear Concerned Rep. If you Please could go through the Submissions Page. I was Earlier the also Part for WAM 18, Created Articles For India in the year 2018.
I Literally Feel Proud to be a Participant for such a Wonderful Contest over the Internet. Really worked hard in order to make the Chinese Content Accessible to Many out there in the Global Pandemic Covid-19, So in this way I also feel myself Blessed to be an only Participant from Pakistan to Support China (As per the Database). For all that I am really so very much grateful to the entire team of WAM for organizing such a Friendly event as a part of Imparting knowledge worldwide. Furthermore, Looking Absolutely forward towards contributing more to the Wikipedia in the Future as well, by filling it with the Notable People, Places n Institutions around the world. I wait for your Response, and Hope for the Best this year.
Much Appologies for Any Inconvenience.
Besides, Wishing Your Entire Team A Happy New Year 2021. Keep up the Great Job. With Lots of Respect, Thanks n Regards. SB Edits (talk) 20:18, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
Please check your email when you have a minute
After our call on March 30, 2021, I have been reaching out to you via email with no luck. Therefore I am reaching out to you here to kindly ask you to check your email and get back to me at your earliest convenience.
--Mercedes Caso (platícame) 22:30, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Urgent: Incomplete candidate application
Hello @Li-Yun Lin: Thank you for applying as a candidate to the Movement Charter's Drafting Committee. This is a message to let you know or to remind you that all the field of the application template are mandatory (except for adding a photo, which is optional). Because you have left one or more of the mandatory fields empty, your application is currently incomplete and, if not completed by 14 September, will not be considered during the selection process. We kindly ask you to complete the application as soon as possible. If you're facing any issues with this, please feel to let me know and I'll do my best to help out --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 13:19, 13 September 2021 (UTC).
Co-authors WAM? 2600:1010:B066:7B6A:2AAA:56DD:D354:5FF8 10:26, 2 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hello, if you have some questions related to WAM, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your questions, we will reply as soon as possible. Best regards, Li-Yun Lin (talk) 10:30, 2 November 2021 (UTC)
Can the Korean Wikipedia community participate in WAM 2021?
Hello, Li-Yun Lin.
I am 이강철(李鋼哲, Kangcheol Lee), admin of Korean wikipedia.
Our community postponed WAM start to November 15 and finish December 15.
Can users of the Korean Wikipedia receive WAM postcards?
Can Korean Wikipedia Asian Ambassadors will receive a signed certificate from Asian Affiliates?
Thank to read my question. --이강철 (talk) 07:39, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hi 이강철, of course, your community can make this modification, just need to be careful about the fountain settings and take a note on the WAM meta pages. If you need any help just let me know. Best regards, Li-Yun Lin (talk) 08:24, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
Hi! A user has told me that when someone clicks on the banner on Spanish Wikipedia it goes to the meta page and not to Spanish one. This is not the best option for people who does not know Meta or speak English. How can it be fixed? Thanks. Millars (talk) 10:34, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hi. Currently, we don't have the Spanish version of our meta page. I will mark it as needed to translate today and maybe you can invite some volunteers to translate it. Or you want to let the link links to the Spanish WAM fountain? Best regards, Li-Yun Lin (talk) 10:55, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
Leadership Development Working Group: Reminder to apply by 10 April 2022
Hello, good to see you again. I was hoping to share the below message with you and your talk page guests, as the call for applications for this working group ends soon.
The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.
Thank you in advance for your consideration =) Xeno (WMF) (talk) 01:09, 8 April 2022 (UTC)