Fundraising translation feedback
I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.
To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Polish using This Link
Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.
Wikimedia CEE meeting on Wikimedia Conference 2015
Hereby I inform You that the event will take place Friday, May 15 6.00 p.m.-9.00 p.m. at the conference venue (Verlag Der Tagesspiegel, Askanischer Platz 3, Berlin). You can find more information about the meeting here. I hope You are interested in attending!
I think that most of our experience with Wikivacaciones is described in our grant report.
A couple of important observations:
- We used the "vacations" topic broadly, so we allowed photos picturing a wide array of topics (food, people, places, activities, etc.). People mostly sent pictures of places, but we still managed to get some nice pictures of the other topics.
- The writing contest went just fine. We did it on Wikivoyage (because we feel that Wikipedia is already pretty complete, and the "vacations" topic is perfect for that project), and the amount of content was good proportionally for the project size.
- Winners were chosen by a jury. However, we did a special "public award", which was very useful to bring new followers to our Facebook page.
- Volunteers at Commons hate that picture contests usually leave a lot of uncategorized images. We tried to reduce the amount of uncategorized images by ourselves; to help with that, we asked participants for a "Place code" (similar to the "Monument code" used in Wiki Loves Monuments) when uploading pictures; the codes were defined by us (based on already existing colombian codes for towns and cities), and allowed us to know where the pictures were taken (and also allowed us to generate some nice statistics).
That's it for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
Cheers! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 21:28, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi, Magalia. I hope we can pull out the cooperation in the future! Answering your questions:
- We only allowed photos of Colombia.
- Actually, the contest was during December and January (2 months), and those dates were selected because vacations in Colombia are on those months (the pictures could have been taken in other dates, and they were allowed).
Good luck on your vacations. Cheers! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 16:09, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for your participation in the WikiGap Challenge!
Now, we have finalized the results from the WikiGap Challenge. You can find the general and top results here. I want to thank you for your contribution, which together with the other participants have created a tremendous and long lasting impact for the visibility of women on Wikipedia.
We want to give you a barnstar for your participation, to praise your efforts for a better visibility of women on Wikipedia!
We will analyze the challenge and the way it works closely, to see how we can improve it for next year. It would be very valuable for us if you wanted to share your views on the challenge, especially when it comes to: the point system, the focus, and the adding of the list from UN Human Rights. You can send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org!
I hope you found the challenge exciting, and that you want to participate next year as well!
CEE SPRING 2020
Hi Magalia - is it still possible to join CEE Spring 2020 from Croatia with a competition activity? I would like to help organise and support #femwiki event this weekend. --Zblace (talk) 06:27, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
- @Zblace: Do you mean besides the contest that's already going on on hr.wikipedia? Have you talked to Fraxinus (talk · contribs) about this? Philip Kopetzky (talk) 20:12, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for participation in Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2022!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for participating in Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2022! We are grateful for your willingness to share free knowledge about the people and culture of Ukraine when it is needed the most.
As promised, the organizers want to appreciate your contribution by awarding you a certificate of participation. Please wait for further notifications from me on that issue.
What comes to prizes: because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, there could be delays in shipping, however, we will definitely get back soon with more information on that.
We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit
Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).
Baserow was tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.
Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2023: Invitation
After two successful campaigns, Wikimedia Ukraine, in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and Ukrainian Institute, decided to launch "Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month" in the year 2023, which will last from 1st until 31st March. The campaign is dedicated to famous Ukrainian artists of cinema, music, literature, architecture, design, and cultural phenomena of Ukraine that are now part of world heritage.
I would like to invite you to participate once again in this writing challenge! We have revised the suggested articles and announced new prizes for contestants to motivate fruitful contributions from participants. I hope to see you on board soon!
Thank you for filling out the survey! If you need to add more, you still have a few days left to share your feedback! The Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) would love to hear your thoughts on the Leadership Development Plan.
Thank you for being a light in the life of the Wikimedia youth - from the WikiVibrance Team!
|The Youth Barnstar|
|Hey Magalia ! Someone nominated you for this barnstar! The WikiVibrance Project is awarding you the Youth Barnstar as a token of appreciation for your wholehearted help towards the youth community in the movement. Your contributions have truly made our space safe, welcoming, and full of valuable insights for the young champs driving the movement forward. We're super excited that your involvement in shaping youthful Wikimedian minds will continue to shine in the times ahead. Hope your participation in the development of youth Wikimedian will remain the same in the future. You are a Wikimedia treasure. Please keep up the good work!) – Romeo (talk) 09:52, 10 September 2023 (UTC)|