User talk:Mathonius/Reports/Nothing to say about me really
- Good idea! I've moved the older accounts to User:Mathonius/Reports/Nothing to say about me really/Archive. Mathonius (talk) 09:20, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- It appears the example link in the lead paragraph is dead (ironic given the link cites it as "permanent"...)
- If their spam is so consistent (i.e. starting with "Nothing to say about me really"), couldn't a bot handle this issue?
- It's hard to get a permanent link to examples because the spam is almost always swiftly deleted.
- We have a global abuse filter for it (only in effect here, on MediaWiki.org, and the two Test Wikipedias), as well as some local filters for it. The global filter automatically blocks the users (see for example Special:Log/block/Abuse filter).--Jasper Deng (talk) 22:20, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
I was interested in seeing if filters have been successful in dealing with this problem and what the filter is like... but all of the filter links on this page are not visible because I lack permissions on those wikis. Anybody care to somehow share such a filter for en.wikibooks?--Xania (talk) 10:18, 30 April 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I am coordinating an educational project in gl.wikipedia (the project) and the first task was for my students to create user pages. Obviously, they don't have a lot to do about themselves. A couple of them so far have been rejected by this spambot filter. It may be just bad luck or perhaps, for whatever reason, the users are writing the wrong words in the wrong order. Is there any advice that I can give to them to avoid this particular issue? Many thanks for your help. --Colexio Doroteas (talk) 14:17, 17 February 2021 (UTC)