User talk:Mervat (WMF)
Welcome to Meta!
Thanks so much for translating FindingGLAMs/delegation letter, the Swedish delegation suggested some changes which need to be translated before they can be sent. Please let me know if there's anything I can do in trade :)
- Hello @John Cummings:, if the changes are known, it would be great to highlight them so that I don't compare the old text with the new one, if you can't, it's OK. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 16:20, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
- @John Cummings:, Found it. Will fix it. Thanks. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 16:31, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
Re: Universal Code of Conduct
What do you mean by "WMF-wide"? Nemo 07:57, 4 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hello @Nemo bis:, it means it will apply to all related affiliates, projects, staff and volunteers, it will be across the entire movement. Hope this answers your question. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 08:07, 4 August 2020 (UTC)
- Affiliates are not part of WMF, so if you want to include things beyond WMF I suggest to use clearer terminology. Thanks, Nemo 18:19, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
Re: Universal Code of Conduct
Thanks for the effort Mervat! I think I previously got this from you in my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if my memory serves me right. And I did right in filling it. Ptinphusmia (talk) 16:27, 6 August 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you very much, it's likely that people receive the survey more than once, if they are members of different affiliates; it's not possible to control that. Thank you for completing the survey. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 15:43, 6 August 2020 (UTC)
Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
Greeting of day,
Wikipedia turns 20 on 15 January 2021. This Wikipedia 20 Meta-Wiki page is an initial framework the global Wikimedia community can use to coordinate around the 20th birthday of Wikipedia. We are celebrating how humans made Wikipedia what it is, and only humans can help sustain and grow it. We are celebrating 20 years human!
All you need to do is to sign in as the participant here and observe the celebrations of event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel. The decent stuff will receive a token of appreciation. Y'll are RSVP in the event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel and Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
How can I contribute in avoiding Google Form?
- (Discussion moved here from there)
Hi Mervat (WMF)! :)
Having said I don't want to slow down you in any way, I'm contacting you because in the last month from my perspective there was an explosion of Google Forms from WMF, to be filled by volunteers. I really love to contribute in adopting Free/Libre technologies, so it was a nice occasion to me to meet some awesome WMF staff members (about UCoC surveys, the WikiTech Annual survey, the Wikimania 2021 survey, ecc.), trying to change something together. For example, with User:ESolares (WMF) and User:Phoebe we were successfully able to migrate an important form for the Wikimania 2021#Call for volunteers, from Google Form to LimeSurvey (precisely Wikimedia Italia/LimeSurvey) and I think it was really appreciated by volunteers because we had an unexpected number of compilers!
In short, can I contribute in any way to try to change this trend with you? For example we can try LimeSurvey (for the reasons written in the "Ethical values" section). Thank you so much :) --Valerio Bozzolan (talk) 09:30, 4 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Valerio Bozzolan:, hello Valerio, thank you for your message. I totally understand your concern. I have to discuss this with my leader in order to make a decision or a change. I will get back to you. Ciao. --Mervat (talk) 09:34, 4 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hello @Valerio Bozzolan:: We respect your concerns, but I am sorry to tell that we cannot switch to another survey format at the moment. I would be happy to receive your opinion outside the survey format, if you prefer to contact you individually per email, you can express your opinions around the issues raised in the survey; I really would like to know what your thoughts are about the UCoC enforcement. Please let me know. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 15:48, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
- (edited) Ouch. Maybe I arrived late but I'd like to help out in the future :) Can I ask why WMF cannot switch to another survey format at the moment? These reasons will help me in understanding how Wikimedia Italia/LimeSurvey could be as effective as possible. Thank you Mervat! Yep I'm available via Special:Email/Valerio Bozzolan. --Valerio Bozzolan (talk) 17:06, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Valerio Bozzolan:, I really don't have an answer on behalf of WMF, but be sure that I communicated the concern. I believe you received a copy of the survey in Italian, would you like to look at and provide your thoughts? my email is email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 19:50, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting
The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.
Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition
This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.
(Note that the UTC times of 03:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:39, 17 March 2021 (UTC)