Hi there - Thanks for your help translating the fund drive docs! The drive start date has changed to Friday 16 December and the end date has changed to Friday 6 January. The fund drive notice and the bottom of the fund drive letter needs to be changed as a result. Could you make sure your translations are updated at Fund drives/2005/Q4 planning/Translations? Thanks again for your help so far. :) --Daniel Mayer 04:10, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
Beautiful photos ... but, eh, for what? You may think you are now on commons? --Aphaia 19:25, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
- Hi, nice to see you active here again ;) --Aphaia 07:08, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hi, Mido. Thank you for your translation ... so, would you like to use Transbabel template also? We recommend all translators on meta to use it. --Aphaia 16:10, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
Translation requests/WMF/Give the gift of knowledge/ar
Thank you for your works! I moved it to the foundation wiki, but it will be better for us to rename it properly in Arabic lanuage? Of course, it is up to you ... File may be now found at Wikimedia:Give the gift of knowledge/ar. Thanks. --Aphaia 06:17, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- Done b4 I saw you notice here :D, Thanks. --Mido 13:05, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
why move to user subpage?
Has there be anything wrong? --Aphaia 19:12, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
Request for Content Check
Hi, it's not part of a Wikimedia project, but I'd very much appreciate it, if you could take a quick look at two pages on the Central Wikia site. No need to translate. But, since this user has replaced a key page twice, I just want to make sure that none of the content this user put on his or her page or on another user's page is badly innappropriate (obscene, slanderous, etc.). As long as it's ok for a userpage (and that covers a wide range), it's not necessary for me to know anything more about it.
The two pages are at User:Swailam and User:Ninniii.
Could you please take a quick look and let me know (here or on my user talk page here or there whichever is easiest for you) -- either way?
Thank you, CZ
- Thank you for checking! --CocoaZen 14:35, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
This is good, hope we build it so to make it easier for anyone who wants to pitch in :).--The Joke 13:05, 31 March 2007 (UTC)
Communication Projects Group/announcement
Hi, thank you for your translation ... could you please help publishing it to the Arabic Wiki community? Thanks! --Aphaia 17:57, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
Governance of Arabic Wikipedia
Would you be kind enough to allow me to ask a few questions here? Having been blocked indefinitely on Arabic Wikipedia with no note on my page but 'permanent vandal' as a comment leaves me no option but to talk to you here.--Azdiyy 09:43, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- you were blocked by another admin, not me. I've unblocked you and left a note on the blocker talk page, hoping he will clarify why he did this. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. --Mido 12:09, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
I think it tells a good deal when one admin can block a user indefinitely without giving a clear reason. If you want me to reply to your message there please unblock my ip without revealing it. Thanks--Azdiyy 17:45, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- and I think he did it in good faith and in my opinion now he had good reasons to do this, I don't want to get into this but your record of vandalism and bad faith actions towards new and old users is way too long to mention here or even in Arabic, the block admin posted to my talk page the reasons he has to block you and I posted it in the problems page and invited all admins and community members to comment on the incident. Till now only one admin (User:MKay Whom you said is "a trustworthy person to ask" in your RFCU) replied and is saying that what the admin did was the right thing mentioning that you've been warned and blocked many times .
- I put a notice in your talk page about this and you're welcome to reply there if you like, you're already unblocked. as for your IP, I don't know how you're not able to edit using your account. any more problems regarding your ability to edit only, email me or through IRC. --Mido 21:39, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
My ip is still blocked; I can't even edit my talk. Assuming good faith I would think that the unblocking was due to you noting the error of the blocking admin (providing no specific reason when blocking), not because of me posting above. Now if you think I deserve it please reblock the username asap. Many thanks. --Azdiyy 22:38, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- Please do not try to unblock my account at ar wiki - I just need to ask you a few questions here. --Azdiyy 07:20, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
IRC cloak request
I'm Mido on freenode and I'd like the cloak wikimedia/Mido. Thanks. --Mido 14:33, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
Translations for fundraiser
Please don't use the ususal translation system - it is too confusing for people who are not used to it. If I have to get translators involved since we cannot make it within wmf we get into serious trouble. Or can you assure me that you do all the copy and pasting when translators will eventually send us ready translations? Sorry, but if I did things this way I did it to keep things simple - layout does not really matter, but only the contents. Thanks!--Sabine 21:17, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
can you please copy edit Fundraising_2007/Video_with_Jimmy_subtitles/Translations/ar? and change its status as appropriate? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
- Thanks for your efforts, copyedited and waiting to be published :). --Mido 23:41, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
for your information
recently a new member joined the admin board in ar wikipedia. His name is الباحث this person seems to adopt clear racist pov in clear contradiction with the spirit of wikipedia. I ask you and other responsibles here in meta and in ar wikipedia for more vigilance so that wikipedia can stay what it is intended to be. I hope that the mechanisms of working established by ar wikipedia will stand against such idea and help spreading knowledge and understanding among humans as it always was. Best Regards مبتدئ
This image is currently lacking details of its source and the license it is released under so I'd ask that you attempt to clarify this to avoid it from being deleted. Regards. Adambro 19:12, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi, this is a wikipedian from Hong Kong.I have sent a letter to request to be a helper in wikimania. I would like to know, if I can join the committee meetings directly, or if there are any steps need. I am looking forward to your reply, thanks a lot! Universehk 01:25, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
Image sources and licensing
Would you please explain the sources and licenses of the following images?
- Image:Terrace Cafe.JPG (License?)
- Image:Interior BACC.jpg (Evidence of PD claim?)
- Image:Faculty of Engineering.jpg (Are you Mahmoud Saaid? If so, please specify. Thanks.)
- Image:LocationEgypt Alex.png (Source and license?)
- Image:Montazah Palace.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Montazah lighthouse.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Montazah Sea.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Salamlek.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm tables.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm over.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm room 2.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm room.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm play.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm out.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm corridor.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm Entrance.JPG (Source?)
- Image:Sm front garden.JPG (Source?)
--Jusjih 17:28, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
How to upload it to the site if you had not known y
Shukran! --Aphaia 19:15, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
I have uploaded a new version of Welcome to Wikipedia file in Arabic at this link http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Welcome2WP_Arabic_082310.pdf , would you please read and advise if any corrections required? --HaythamAbulela 04:23, 12 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks a million, Mido :)
- You're welcome Haytham. Thank you for your translation. --Mido 08:01, 22 March 2011 (UTC)
Translator, We need you!
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
Request for translation. Yanka Kupala and Yakub Kolas
Warm greeting from Belarusian Wikipedia! This year we celebrate 130. birthday of Belarusian great poets en:Yanka Kupala and en:Yakub Kolas Could you help us to translate articles into your unique and honourable language? Thank you in advance!--Rymchonak 06:42, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnumwikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation