User talk:Mike.lifeguard/Archive 7
Boilerplate on friends of gays
I disagree with the placement of the humor tag on the bottom of the page; whether it tarnishes the humor is irrelevant in my eyes. Many people may see the page, read the first few lines, NOT see the humor, go back a page offended or affronted, and miss the informative tag at the very bottom. I don't want to revert you or undo your edit in any way, but I feel the need to bring my point to your attention. What are your thoughts? —Anonymous DissidentTalk 03:49, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Frankly... I should not be frank here.
- If need be, move it to the the top, but deletion is so far from any realistic course of action, I can barely believe we are discussing this. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 03:52, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
I just want to say thanks for watching over the French Wikiquote during the night (in Europe at least). I deleted all the pages created by the vandal.
Thanks again :-)
Hi, I don´t know why you remove external link from cs:Středočeský kraj, it is good relevant external link... I undo your editation... --Elm 09:23, 29 November 2008 (UTC) Oh, I cannot again add this link, i think that it isn´t spam... --Elm 09:26, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- According to User:COIBot/XWiki/centralbohemia.cz, an IP has been spamming that link on several wikis. If you'd like to have it de-blacklisted, you can add a request to Talk:Spam blacklist. Alternatively, you can add it to the cswiki local whitelist if you're sure you want to use the link. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 18:21, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- No problem. Sorry for the delay - feel free to poke me if the requests stagnate at all. Your help would be welcome, if you're looking for work! — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 02:08, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
I need your advice
- Probably faster to email me. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 23:26, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
Who's a naughty boy then?
It is with dismay and surprise that I note your blocking and exclusion from the reservation. I will not presume to ask why your 'name' appears on an IP address blocking list, but assume that it is caused at least by fiendish conspiracy or matters of state.
What in fact cozzez this dude?
By the way,...Can you assist?
I posted a question in the Wikibooka reading room technical section about how the subject categories work but either everybody is busy or nobody knows the answers. Is it something that you know about?
The answers will steer the content of a page on Indexing Your Work, so will be extremely helpful.
I must point out that my ignorance is not permanent, and has only arisen since I thought I knew what I was doing!
Regards, Armchair, 18 December 2008, 16:45 Universal time
- The only thing I can decipher from this message is a reference to b:WB:TECH, where I have offered some comments. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 18:03, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Norwegian Wikipedia Vandalism
Thank you for contributing in reverting the vandalism committed by Lhansen. I think I was one of the few other people who were online at that time, but, being only a patroller, and not an admin, I don't have the ability to block users like that; only roll-back their edits, which I did a bit of, until my browser crashed due to how massive the vandalism was on each edit. Again, thank you for contributing in reverting the vandalism. V85 18:54, 18 December 2008 (UTC)(I am probably not going to check back here anytime soon, so please contact me at no:Brukerdiskusjon:V85.)
- No problem (But I'm not a sysop either - I didn't block anyone) — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 21:23, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- I know you didn't block him, but you did revert quite a number of the edits. V85 21:41, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
can you give me some advice to fight against this crazy blockade of my educational website? I am a normal user, knowing nearly nothing about all the possibilities within the Wiki jungle. I would just like writing to someone who can manage this mistake so that my links will be re-installed again, within a proper time. Can you imagine how I feel after realizing this blockade - after having spent nearly two years in putting up my website?
IF it is not allowed to place links to one's own website, tell me please. I don't know if this is your problem. Nevertheless I didn't know that.
Realgems.org is a great website for gems and mineral collectors. You find a great selection of gem and mineral photos for each species barely found somewhere else. This website is a help and orientation for all collectors or interested people to see photos especially from rare species; therefore it is not understandable why Wikipedia stopped linking to this totally non-commercial portal!!???
Thanks for your kind support, stardust. I don't know you but your comment is very helpful.
- Two IPs from the same ISP complaining about the addition of a single domain on my talk page within minutes of one another? Give me a break. Don't waste my time, just leave comments on Talk:Spam blacklist. This sort of silliness doesn't help you. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 02:16, 22 December 2008 (UTC)