Jump to content

User talk:Mrb Rafi

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 10 days ago by Sissela Björk (WMDE) in topic WIKIMOVE

Welcome to Meta!

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Hello, Mrb Rafi. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Also worthwhile acquainting yourself with the functions of global user pages. Happy editing!

T CellsTalk 12:40, 15 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

#WPWPCampaign 2021: Request for help with cleanup[edit]

Dear Rafi,

Thanks for organizing the #WPWPCampaign 2021 in your community. We are proud of your work and the campaign outcome this year. We are in the process of cleaning up the articles with errors resulting from the campaign and we kindly request your help with this. Please help with cleanup and consider engaging experienced members of your community in the cleanup. The English Wikipedia has created a filter to track all articles edited as part of the campaign: See the tracked articles on the English Wikipedia. Please review these contributions and fix any errors you could find. See #WPWPBN for all contributions made as part of the campaign in your community. T CellsTalk 13:01, 15 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

#WPWPCampaign2021: Learning and evaluation[edit]

Hello Mrb Rafi,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are glad about the level of participation, this year and we are excited to inform you that over 900 volunteers around the world added photos to more than 250,000 articles in 298 languages Wikipedia. This year, we surpassed the 2020 edition's milestone by over 170%.

We are in the process of evaluating the WPWP campaign this year and we need your help. We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL9BORQ94GtN6mjS4-U77N7-BIuxDGl1cmhwKzKSijc9lrcA/viewform

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL9BORQ94GtN6mjS4-U77N7-BIuxDGl1cmhwKzKSijc9lrcA/viewform

Thank you in advance for taking this survey.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:05, 18 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

First SWT bot workshop on "Pywikibot framework" to take place coming Friday, February 25th at 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello, Thank you for signing up for the small wiki toolkits workshops. The first workshop on the topic of “Pywikibot framework introduction & installation” is coming up - it will take place on Friday, February 25th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here.

We will record this workshop and update the workshops page with the link later. Also, a quick note on the certificate distribution we shared briefly in a previous announcement - out of the eight planned workshops, individuals who will complete five and a final assignment will receive a digital certificate.

We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti (talk) (On behalf of the SWT Workshops Organization team) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 03:00, 24 February 2022 (UTC)Reply

Second Pywikibot workshop on Friday, March 25th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello everyone, The second workshop on the topic of "Running Pywikibot scripts" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, March 25th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here. This workshop will introduce participants to the bot scripts available via the Pywikibot framework and how to use them. If you missed attending the first one, it would be beneficial to have Pywikibot installed on your computer before the workshop. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:01, 23 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

SWT Pywikibot Workshop Feedback Survey[edit]

Hello! Thanks for attending the SWT Pywikibot workshop(s).

Please fill out this short feedback survey that will help the program organizers learn how to improve the format of the workshops in the future. It shouldn't take you longer than 5-10 minutes to fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTa9aZpGwoWO9XRuHEgeqbAeppsf65R8qsJ-KqbFugHQ1IOQ/viewform Your feedback is precious for us and will inform us of the next steps for the project. Please complete the survey by 30 March 2022.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data handling, see the survey privacy statement: https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal:SWT_Workshop_Feedback_Survey_Privacy_Statement Thank you, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 00:36, 26 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

Third Pywikibot workshop on Friday, April 29th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello! The third workshop on the topic of "Writing Pywikibot scripts" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, April 29th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here. This workshop will introduce participants to writing basic scripts via the Pywikibot framework. Please follow through with the prerequisites if you plan to attend this workshop, particularly understanding how classes and methods work in Python, among others listed in the workshop details on the wiki page. We look forward to your participation!

Cheers, Srishti (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:46, 27 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

WIKIMOVE[edit]

The first episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! With our guests Tochi Precious and Guillaume Paumier we talk about Knowledge as a Service. Find the audio podcast and a shortened video version on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 15:48, 13 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

The 2nd episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! Our guests Erica Azzellini and Luca Piantá from Wiki Movimiento Brazil talk about “communitizing” strategy. Find the audio podcast and the video version with English and Portuguese subtitles on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)

The 3rd episode of WIKIMOVE has now dropped! In this new episode we talk with Kannika Thaimai and Ivana Madžarević about innovation and explore the opportunities created by the UNLOCK accelerator within our movement and beyond. Don't hesitate to react on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)

Check out our new WIKIMOVE episode about content and knowledge gaps in the Wikimedia projects with Lucy Crampton-Reid, Daniel Bögre Udell and Kiril Simeonovski!Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk)

Check out our new WIKIMOVE episode about mutual aid and peer support in our movement with Rebecca O’Neill and Jessica Stephenson and share your reactions on our meta page!Eva Martin (WMDE)

We launched WIKIMOVE six months ago, now it’s time to evaluate! Please share your feedback and ideas for improvement with us in this survey. Thank you for helping us improve WIKIMOVE! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:44, 31 October 2022 (UTC)Reply

In our latest episode we receive Johnny Allegre and Natalia Szafran to discuss their ongoing hub activities in Asia and Eastern Europe and imagine what a movement of hubs could look like. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 13:54, 22 2022 (UTC)

In our latest episode we talk about growing communities with Anass Sedrati and Pepe Flores. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:42, 12 December 2022 (UTC)

Wondering what the movement strategy is about and how to contribute to it? Check out our newest WIKIMOVE episode! We answer questions from volunteers who recently joined the movement about the goals and the vision behind our strategy 2030 - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 11:06, 8 February 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest about Abstract Wikipedia with Denny Vrandečić and Lydia Pintscher on our meta page! - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 12:31, 13 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest about the Governance of Wikipedia with Florence Devouard and Martin Rulsch on our meta page! - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 12:16, 4 April 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest about Decentralization with Claudia Garad and Guillaume Paumier on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:17, 11 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

The latest WIKIMOVE episode of the season has dropped: Wikimedia Deutschland for the Movement, a conversation with WMDE‘s Chair and Executive Director, about the role of our organization in the implementation of movement strategy Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:51, 12 June 2023 (UTC)Reply

The WIKIMOVE Podcast is back with a season 2! In this new episode, we talk with Pax Ahimsa Gethen and Tamzin Hadasa Kelly about overcoming harassment and the transgender gap on the Wikimedia projects. You can find this podcast on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 12:27, 6 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Check out the latest WIKIMOVE episode where we talk to a movement veteran, Andrew Lih, and Wikimedia Norge’s Executive Director, Elisabeth Carrera about the past, present and future of Wikimedia Affiliates! You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

In the latest WIKIMOVE episode, our guests Margeigh Novotny and Nicole Ebber brings you back to the story behind Movement Strategy recommendation #4: “Ensure Equity in Decision Making”, which set the path for writing a charter and creating a global council. Whether you're new or a long-time Wikimedian, this episode offers insights into the journey towards a stronger and more inclusive Wikimedia movement. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

Join us for an WIKIMOVE episode where we revisit highlights from our conversations throughout 2023 - we’ll discuss and replay snippets from our guests that left lasting impacts on us. We’ll also take a look ahead, and our hosts will share intriguing predictions and thoughts on the trajectory of our Movement in 2024. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

The first WIKIMOVE episode of the year is here! We talk about Grants and Hubs with two women who have been instrumental in implementing Movement strategy, Yop Rwan Pam and Barbara Klen. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)

The latest WIKIMOVE episode is all about Wikimedia events. Felix Nartey and Željko Blaće share their thoughts on the current event structure and start drawing a picture of what events could look like that are aligned with our strategy. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 12:30, 12 March 2024 (UTC)Reply

Check out our latest WIKIMOVE episode. In this episode we talk about the Wikimedia Movement Charter with two members of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, Ciell and Daria Cybulska, and a community member involved in the original strategy formation, Alek Tarkowski. We touch upon the history of the Charter, the motivation and work that went into it. We learn what if affirms and what it adds. We also find out why it ended up being a short document!Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 08:53, 10 April 2024 (UTC)Reply

The WIKIMOVE episode "The Global Majority Speaks Out on Tech!" is now live ! In this episode, Nikki and Eva speak with two of the initiators behind the recently published manifesto “Global Majority Wikimedia Technology Priorities", Tanveer Hasan and Éder Porto. This document addresses decision making about technology in the Wikimedia Movement - particularly when it comes to creating technology that is designed for users of the Global Majority and in emerging communities. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 13:10, 4 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Fourth Bots workshop at Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 (May 20-22nd)[edit]

Hello, The fourth workshop on the topic of "Running popular bots on wikis" is coming up - several sessions will be run as part of it at the upcoming Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 (May 20-22nd). You can find more details on the workshop here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_run_a_popular_bot_on_your_wiki.

This workshop will introduce participants to a few popular bots in the Wikimedia ecosystem, how to set them up on the wikis, and tackle problems concerning the setup. This workshop will organize three sessions around InternetArchiveBot, YoBot, and SuggestBot. See more details https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T306593. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:25, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming bots & scripts workshop on Thursday, June 30th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello, The fifth workshop on the topic of "Hosting bots and scripts on Toolforge" is coming up - it will take place on Thursday, June 30th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_host_a_bot_on_Toolforge. This workshop will introduce participants to Toolforge, how to create a developer account, access it via ssh, create and run bots and scripts, etc. You can add your discussion ideas in the etherpad doc linked from the workshops page. To participate in this workshop, you would need basic familiarity with using command-line tools and technical knowledge of bots. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:21, 16 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2022[edit]

Hello Mrb Rafi,

Thank you for participating in the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos campaign last year.

We are glad to inform you that this year's edition started on 1 July, 2022. You are invited to participate in the campaign again to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos and contextual images. For more information about the campaign and how to participate, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact the organizing team, leave a message at the campaign's talkpage or send an email to wpwpcampaign(_AT_)gmail.com.

Kind regards, --Ammarpad (talk) 21:28, 5 July 2022 (UTC) (On behalf of the Organizing Team, WPWP Campaign 2022).Reply

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 7[edit]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 7, July-September 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the 7th issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! The newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the implementation of Wikimedia's Movement Strategy recommendations, other relevant topics regarding Movement governance, as well as different projects and activities supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team of the Wikimedia Foundation.

The MSG Newsletter is delivered quarterly, while the more frequent Movement Strategy Weekly will be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Movement sustainability: Wikimedia Foundation's annual sustainability report has been published. (continue reading)
  • Improving user experience: recent improvements on the desktop interface for Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Safety and inclusion: updates on the revision process of the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines. (continue reading)
  • Equity in decisionmaking: reports from Hubs pilots conversations, recent progress from the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, and a new white paper for futures of participation in the Wikimedia movement. (continue reading)
  • Stakeholders coordination: launch of a helpdesk for Affiliates and volunteer communities working on content partnership. (continue reading)
  • Leadership development: updates on leadership projects by Wikimedia movement organizers in Brazil and Cape Verde. (continue reading)
  • Internal knowledge management: launch of a new portal for technical documentation and community resources. (continue reading)
  • Innovate in free knowledge: high-quality audiovisual resources for scientific experiments and a new toolkit to record oral transcripts. (continue reading)
  • Evaluate, iterate, and adapt: results from the Equity Landscape project pilot (continue reading)
  • Other news and updates: a new forum to discuss Movement Strategy implementation, upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, a new podcast to discuss Movement Strategy, and change of personnel for the Foundation's Movement Strategy and Governance team. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 01:39, 18 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming "How to maintain bots" workshop on Thursday, July 29th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello, The sixth workshop on the topic of "How to maintain bots" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, July 29th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_maintain_bots. This session will focus on best practices for maintaining bots and tools in the Wikimedia ecosystem. It will cover a few practices that can help developers run a bot or a tool with help from others, such as picking a license, adding co-maintainers to the project, publishing source code, writing docs, and much more. To participate in this workshop, you would need basic familiarity with bots or tools development. You can add your discussion ideas in the etherpad doc linked from the workshops page. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:17, 21 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

This workshop was postponed earlier. Here is the new date and time for this workshop - Thursday, August 18th at 15:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_maintain_bots. SSethi (WMF) (talk) 09:17, 9 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming "How to interact with Wikidata via Pywikibot" workshop on Friday, October 7th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello! The eighth workshop on the topic of "How to interact with Wikidata via Pywikibot" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, October 7th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_interact_with_Wikidata_via_Pywikibot. This workshop will summarize how to access and save information to Wikidata, including through page generators and queries*, using Pywikibot. It will also cover the Wikidata conventions about the bot editing, including the bot approvals process (*queries not included, please bring your own!). To participate in this workshop, you would need basic familiarity with Wikidata and Pywikibot installation. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti - via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:59, 30 September 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Final feedback survey[edit]

Hello! You are receiving this message as you have attended a small wiki toolkit workshop this year. If you missed attending our last feedback session on the small wiki toolkits workshops, here is a short survey that you could fill out to let us know your technical learning needs and ideas and suggestions for improving the workshop format for the next year. If you attended the feedback session, you can still fill out the survey to share ideas that you couldn't do so more anonymously during our meeting last week. We look forward to learning from your suggestions and including them in the planning for next year. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVhqgZYXQG8Fgw25xRS0n7eKMleOKy5i1tM5Ty3mGACtcTag/viewform. Cheers, Srishti - via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:10, 2 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Ask Me Anything session introduction (12 November), presented by a Movement Charter Drafting Committee member.
  • MCDC members attended the “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” sessions to provide more information about the Movement Charter, its goal, why it matters and how it impacts the communities. Recordings of the presentations in different languages can be found here.
  • The Movement Charter Ambassadors Program: Movement Charter Ambassadors (MCA) are individuals or groups interested in helping to ensure that their communities are fully engaged in community consultations. MCA are interested in supporting their communities to understand the content of the Movement Charter as well as ensuring that their communities can easily provide feedback. Anyone can become a MCA! Dedicated funds are available to support the MCA and their activities. Are you interested in becoming a Movement Charter Ambassador for your community? Sign up here!
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee will close membership: The  Committee decided not to add new members or replace those who step down after 1 January 2023, unless for exceptional reasons.
  • Learn about Movement Charter Drafting Committee’s work in October:  The Committee released its regular monthly update from October 2022. It includes highlights about the Committee's progress in drafting the Movement Charter content, its upcoming community consultation and participation at Wikimedia events.

Coming up:

  • Regional feedback conversations: The MCDC’s community consultations to collect feedback on the first three sections of the Movement Charter will take place between November 20 and December 18, 2022. You are invited to join one of the regional conversations planned for the eight regions (and various languages) of the Movement. Please note that interested people can share their feedback in different ways, including on the Meta talk page, on the Movement Strategy forum, filling out a survey (anonymously) and sending an email to: movementcharter(_AT_)wikimedia.org.
  • Sign up here to become a Movement Charter Ambassadors from your community and help ensure that your community is aware of the conversations around the Movement Charter! 


--13:37, 20 November 2022 (UTC).

Campaigns Product Team Office Hour - December 2022[edit]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Wikimedia Foundation Campaigns Team invites you to join our upcoming office hours. In each session, we will introduce V1 of Event Registration Tool, so you can begin using it for real events on Meta-wiki.

In V1, the following new features will be includedː

  • Support for the organizer to specify an event timezone
  • Automatic confirmation emails after participants have registered
  • Private registration: the option for participants to register and only display their registered username to organizers of the event and we will teach you how you can use it yourself.


Office Hour Sessions:

  • 1st Session: December 5, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC via Zoom
  • 2nd Session: December 10, 2022 @ 12:00 UTC via Zoom
Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!


These office hours will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, and Swahili. Email us @ ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org or sign-up here if you want to receive a reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.

The Campaigns Product Team

Thank you for participating in the small wiki toolkits workshops this year![edit]

Small Wiki Toolkits Badge

Hey there! Thank you for participating in the Small Wiki Toolkits workshops this year - it was pretty cool having you around :) We have a small token of appreciation for you in the form of a badge that you can add to your user page! We are still going over the workshops organized this year, so we’ll update you early next year with our future plans. See you in 2023! Cheers, Srishti (on behalf of the SWT organizing team) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:00, 16 December 2022 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Presentation about the Values & Principles chapter by MCDC member Georges Fodouop.
Presentation about the Roles and Responsibilities chapter (statement of intent) by MCDC member Manavpreet Kaur.
  • Learn about Movement Charter Drafting Committee’s work in November: As usual, the Committee released its regular monthly updates from November 2022. This month’s updates include highlights about the external facilitator hiring, next in-person meeting of the Committee and updates about the new drafting groups, among others.
  • First community consultation period: From mid November to mid December 2022 the Committee members took part in 8 regional feedback sessions. Committee members joined the sessions to provide clarifications and answer to questions that came from different language communities on the Movement Charter.
    • Recordings of the presentations shared during the regional meetings are available here for those interested.
    • A list Frequently Asked Questions that came up in the calls is available on Meta.
    • If you have not shared your feedback on the drafts of the Movement Charter yet, please do so by filling out this anonymous survey, which is open until January 2, 2023 and is available in more than 12 languages.
  • The Movement Charter Ambassador Program received over 15 proposals. The ambassadors are currently putting their initiatives into action in various local communities. The Movement Charter Ambassadors Program will once again be opened for applications in the second quarter of 2023, in preparation for the next  round of Movement Charter consultations. Both individuals and organizations will be able to apply. Those interested in becoming Movement Charter Ambassadors are encouraged to sign-up.

Coming up:

  • Community Conversations summary: The Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation will prepare and publish the final summary report of the community feedback in January 2023. The report will be shared with the MCDC and the communities on different channels of communication.
  • Feedback on the Movement Charter: There will be additional ways to engage with the Movement Charter content, including the early feedback on the proposed ratification process and a new set of draft chapters in the second quarter of 2023.


--14:27, 22 December 2022 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Coming up:

  • Community feedback on the ratification methodology proposal of the future Movement Charter. The feedback was postponed until March 2023. The communities will be able to review the ratification methodology and share their early input on the open questions.  
  • The MCDC will soon announce a “Call for Advisors”. The call will be an invitation for interested individuals with relevant expertise and knowledge to participate in drafting the Charter. Advisors will be considered non-voting members.
  • Responses to the community consultation feedback by the MCDC. The Committee has been carefully reviewing feedback collected in the consultation from November & December 2022, and will publicly share responses to the feedback by March.  


--14:20, 22 February 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Coming up

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--11:34, 21 March 2023 (UTC).

A Barnstar for you![edit]

Leadership Development Recognition
Dear Rafi,

We would like to thank you for your participation in the Leadership Development Working Group. Your passion for the movement has shown in your work, and we are so appreciative of your time with the working group. Thank you for always being your authentic self and bringing laughter and warmth to every interaction. Cassie Casares (talk) 05:43, 4 April 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Committee's meeting in New York, in early March.

Coming up:

  • Revised chapters: The Committee is preparing to publish the revised draft chapters of The Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities intentions statement, based on the community feedback received in November and December 2022.
  • Inviting advisors and experts: The Committee is preparing to welcome a number of advisors from outside the Committee. All interested Wikimedians were invited to apply earlier (you can still apply here!). Additionally, the Committee is planning and scheduling meetings with individuals with specific sets of expertise in various topics, including stewards, movement committees, Wikimedia Foundation and affiliate staff, and others.

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--19:18, 15 April 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Updates:

  • Charter Ratification Methodology proposal conversations: The Movement Charter Drafting Committee recently held the first conversations regarding the ratification methodology for the Movement Charter. The MCDC has received valuable feedback from different communities and the Committees during the community input period. The report of the community input will be shared in May, while the updated version of the ratification methodology will be presented between September and November 2023.
  • Communication evaluation: The Communications sub-committee of the MCDC together with the support staff conducted an evaluation of the communications. The Communications sub-committee appreciates the time and input of the community members who shared their opinions during the interviews. Several recommendations are going to be implemented in the upcoming period based on the valuable input.
  • Learn about the MCDC’s work in April: The MCDC continues to draft additional chapters: The Global Council, Hubs, Decision-making and Roles & Responsibilities. Alongside the drafting work, the MCDC is planning their in-person meeting scheduled for 2-4 June in Utrecht, Netherlands with the aim of advancing the charter's content.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


Translation unit markers[edit]

Dear Mrb Rafi,

Comments like <!--T:1--> are translation unit markers, they are required to make translation work. Why do you remove them? -- Pols12 (talk) 21:34, 24 June 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hi @Pols12, thanks a lot for the message. I'm a lil bit embarrassed with this. I know that they are markers which are required to specify translation units. But being honest, I didn't remove these markers in an informed wayǃ ː)
Ameisenigel also reverted one of my edits, when I noticed this, I was surprised - when did I do thisǃ ː")
I'm facing some weird issues with the meta wiki source editor. When I copy paste texts from another doc, in a lot of places, the text pastes double; I have corrected them several times. When I type "@", it turns into something else - ̊ . When I type "[[", it also turns into something else - ʽ . Colons also don't work. -- BIDROHI Hello.. 05:37, 25 June 2023 (UTC)Reply
Those changes come from Input tools which help writing IPA symbols. If you don’t need them, you should disable Input tools:
  1. Click on your language in the top of the page.
  2. Click the cogwheel icon in right bottom corner of the frame.
  3. Click the left “Input” tab.
  4. Click “Disable input tools” blue button.
If you need them, you can temporary switch off the IAP typing shortcuts with Ctrl+M shortcut, or through keyboard icon in right corner of the text area.
That should solve the issue you meet with colons and brackets. However, that tool should never remove the unit markers; so this issue may have another reason. -- Pols12 (talk) 12:14, 25 June 2023 (UTC)Reply
Hi @Pols12, thanks a lot again. I've disabled the input tools and now the symbols are working perfectly!
I'm also not sure what is causing the translation marker or the double paste issue. I will never remove those translation markers without any reason. I have worked to tag 2/3 pages for translation and I know how much patience I need to do this. I will try to be careful so that these markups don't get removed unintentionally. -- BIDROHI Hello.. 15:11, 25 June 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

This newsletter combines content from both June and July, due to a delay in sharing out the previous newsletter.

Updates:

  • Learn about MCDC’s work in May & June: as usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--12:25, 30 July 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter: August 2023[edit]

Updates

  • Community consultation: The community consultation on the Global Council, Hubs, and the Glossary drafts is ongoing. We value your input, if you have not already, please take a moment to review the draft chapters and share your thoughts with the MCDC. We’ve posed open questions we would like your opinion on. Feel free to engage in a way that is most comfortable for you and your community. Learn more on our Diff blogs about the Global Council and Hubs.
  • Launch Party: On July 30 we hosted a Launch Party to share the Global Council and Hubs draft chapters. It was an inspiring event where we had the opportunity to listen to your feedback and address some of your questions. If you missed it, you can catch the recording on YouTube.
  • Community Conversations: We want to hear from as many people as possible. On July 16, the SWAN meeting opened its doors and offered an opportunity to interact with the MCDC members regarding the new drafts of the charter. Notes are available here. On July 28, a regional conversation with the Francophone community was held. Here comes a short summary here in English and French. Additionally, on August 2 we had a fruitful conversation with the LATAM region.
  • MCDC’s Work in July: As usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

Upcoming

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta-wiki


MCDC Support Team, 23:53, 14 August 2023 (UTC)

Thank you for being a light in the life of the Wikimedia youth - from the WikiVibrance Team![edit]

The Youth Barnstar
Hey Mrb Rafi ! Someone nominated you for this barnstar! The WikiVibrance Project is awarding you the Youth Barnstar as a token of appreciation for your wholehearted help towards the youth community in the movement. Your contributions have truly made our space safe, welcoming, and full of valuable insights for the young champs driving the movement forward. We're super excited that your involvement in shaping youthful Wikimedian minds will continue to shine in the times ahead. Hope your participation in the development of youth Wikimedian will remain the same in the future. You are a Wikimedia treasure. Please keep up the good work!) – Romeo (talk) 02:34, 24 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Organizer Tools Office Hours & Event Discovery Project[edit]

(Lire ce message en français); (Ver este mensaje en español); (Angalia ujumbe huu kwa Kiswahili); (إقرأ هذه الرسالة بالعربي) Please help translate to your language .

The Campaigns team at the Wikimedia Foundation has some updates to share with you, which are:

We invite you to attend our upcoming community office hours to learn about organizer tools, including the Event registration tool (which has new and upcoming features). The office hours are on the following dates, and you can join one or both of them:

  • Saturday, October 7 at 12:00 UTC (Register here)
    • Languages available: Arabic, English, French, Swahili
  • Tuesday, October 10 at 18:00 UTC (Register here).
    • Languages available: Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili

We have launched a new project: Event Discovery. This project aims to make it easier for editors to learn about campaign events. We need your help to understand how you would like to discover events on the wikis, so that we can create a useful solution. Please share your feedback on our project talk page.

Thank you, and we hope to see you at the upcoming office hours!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:54, 24 September 2023 (UTC)Reply

You are receiving this message because you subscribed to this list

Swag :):[edit]

Dear Rafi! We didn't have any other takers this year for the swag event, sorry to say, though I had a half dozen people express interest but not come up with a design... and you didn't propose a design :) Maybe this year we can find an alternative where everyone who signs up gets matched with someone, like other gift exchanges, independent of which new ones get produced.

Warmly, –SJ talk  00:47, 17 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks a lot for dropping the message @Sj. I almost forgot about this tbh, tho did a check two weeks ago.
I was thinking of assigning one of the designers from my wikimedia graphics team to make new designs. If you agree, I can do that now also.
And would you please explain the process in detail? I am not sure if I got it properly. BIDROHI Hello.. 16:08, 17 February 2024 (UTC)Reply
That would be very neat! I'm thinking something like Secret Santa for the end of the year, drawn from a make-on-demand swag shop -- people are paired up with others and choose something to send them. –SJ talk  18:36, 17 February 2024 (UTC)Reply
Simple and straightforward, and exciting, @Sj. How to cover the costs? I can invite my friends, but most of the people won't be able to bear the costs. And I'm contacting my graphics designers asking if they can help with a few new designs. The guys are having exams and it may take a few weeks to get some designs from them. BIDROHI Hello.. 19:17, 23 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

j'accuse![edit]

It is not the place of Wikimedians or Wikimedian groups to take a position on an ongoing armed conflict. I condemn your creation of Joint Statement on Palestine as divisive and ill-thought slacktivism. Please understand that I do not say this out of Zionist leanings; rather, I recognize that the continued cooperation of all of us in providing free knowledge requires that we limit our efforts to free knowledge. What you've done is chosen a side and you've harmfully expressed your partisan politics here, inviting others to spread this divisiveness for silly tribalism signaling purposes. Your efforts hurt whatever larger sense of community we had been building. Chris Troutman (talk) 15:43, 10 April 2024 (UTC)Reply

Joint Statement on Palestine nominated for deletion[edit]

Hello. An item which you created or have edited substantially (Joint Statement on Palestine) has been nominated for deletion. Please see the ongoing discussion at Meta:Requests for deletion. Thank you. --Chris Troutman (talk) 18:03, 10 April 2024 (UTC)Reply