Welcome to Meta!
Hello, Nandhinikandhasamy. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
--►Cekli829 05:11, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
Like--Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 11:31, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Your proposal at WikiConference India
I have left a session-related comment on your proposal submitted at WikiConference India. Please respond as soon as possible. -- Rohini (talk) 11:31, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 program
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Maithili Wikimedians volunteer members has taken a challenge in itself i.e. Mission 10. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal. For more info, Please see project page here on meta-wiki as well local page on maiwiki. Kind Regards, TBhagat (talk) --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Tamil WAM 2018
Hi. I read w:ta:விக்கிப்பீடியா:ஆசிய_மாதம் via Chrome translation and found that postcard criteria is "creating at least five new articles", whereas global rule is "at least 4". Is it intentional rule change, or by mistake? Just from my curiosity. --Takot (talk) 15:25, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks Takot for bringing this to our knowledge. We have previously copied the rules from last year. I have changed the rule now. --Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 02:26, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
The 2021 Community Wishlist Survey is now open! This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on 30 November, or comment on other proposals to help make them better. The communities will vote on the proposals between 8 December and 21 December.
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals!
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
We invite all registered users to vote on the 2021 Community Wishlist Survey. You can vote from now until 21 December for as many different wishes as you want.
In the Survey, wishes for new and improved tools for experienced editors are collected. After the voting, we will do our best to grant your wishes. We will start with the most popular ones.
We, the Community Tech, are one of the Wikimedia Foundation teams. We create and improve editing and wiki moderation tools. What we work on is decided based on results of the Community Wishlist Survey. Once a year, you can submit wishes. After two weeks, you can vote on the ones that you're most interested in. Next, we choose wishes from the survey to work on. Some of the wishes may be granted by volunteer developers or other teams.
We are waiting for your votes. Thank you!
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
Schedule : Wikimeet program schedule. Please register here.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team