WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Your proposal at WikiConference India
WikiConference India 2016 program
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Tamil WAM 2018
Hi. I read w:ta:விக்கிப்பீடியா:ஆசிய_மாதம் via Chrome translation and found that postcard criteria is "creating at least five new articles", whereas global rule is "at least 4". Is it intentional rule change, or by mistake? Just from my curiosity. --Takot (talk) 15:25, 14 November 2018 (UTC)