User talk:Oarabile Mudongo
-- 14:48, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
- Dumela rra! Great job with Wikimedia Botswana and the fundraising video! :) Ditumediso tsa setlha, πr2 (t • c) 18:18, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
Thank you so much for the courage,kante o motswana?
- Nnyaa, ga se (nna) motswana. (correct my grammar please). But I would still like to help! PS, What does "kante" mean? πr2 (t • c) 19:47, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- Heheheheheh!!!! nooo!! i didnt say your name is Motswana as you have replied above,but my question is are you a Motswana?Well "Kante" is just a setswana word that emphasizes something.Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 18:23, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
Working on tn.wikipedia
Can you translate:
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit
- Featured article (Check back later for today's.)
- Did you know... that (...)
- Featured picture (Check back later for today's.)
- In the news
- On this day...
Helo User:PiRSquared17 yes i can translate that but i seem not to comprehend what you want me to do,please be detailled about that am logged on to the page now and i cant even see the stated subtopics in the page please.If maybe you could help me locate that then i think i will be great to move.
Completion of editing tn.wikipedia Main Page test
Helo once again πr2 (t • c) this note serves to inform you that i managed to complete the task you allocated me on the tn.wikipedia page.Please have a look at the changes http://tn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page/Test and may i know if i have made the right things after having a look at it please.Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 16:15, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- I saw your changes already. Do you like that version of the Main Page? πr2 (t • c) 16:16, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- I personaly like it so much,maybe if atleast we can upgrade to this one it would be a well one job.As i was making some wikipedia outreaches and encouraging people to start editing on the page they seemed to have some problem with getting used to the existing interface.Please kindly request that we switch to the newly designed.?
- That should be in Tswana right!?.Maybe if i can copy and paste the existing one from the existing page would be much better,how is the idea?
- I think am done here http://tn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Introduction please have a look at it.
- Do you think that the Main Page looks better now?
- If you want, you can edit and update the content on:
- πr2 (t • c) 17:18, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- That's what i have been looking for infact,i really like it this way so now let me give it a try by trying to update the:
Let me know something before i try,so all i need to do is just delete the current news feed and write the latest right and it will therefore be updated automaticaly in the interface?
- Yes, just replace the old content with new stuff and it will be updated! For tn:Wikipedia:Today's_featured_article, you should probably only use very good or long articles (like tn:Botswana, tn:Nko, tn:Molelo. Actually, the picture on "Molelo" looks like it could be on POTD.). I know that the "Did you know" section looks bad, but all you have to do is change that. πr2 (t • c) 17:35, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much about that,let me give it a try then.By the way what's you facebook name am Oarabile Joseph Chizipi Mudongo try send me your request if you have a facebook account alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for futher communication.
- I don't use Facebook, but you can email me using Special:EmailUser/PiRSquared17. However, the easiest way to contact me is on my talk page (User talk:PiRSquared17). tn:Template:Did_you_know has no content currently, can you add some? :-) πr2 (t • c) 19:02, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- Helo please have a look at the tn:Wikipedia:Today's_featured_article template when i trie to edit it with this article tn:Molelo it combines the existing one with the one i have stated but i dont know why hence the article i want to update on Today's Featured article section is nt updated automatically please help fix the problem for me.
- You change it to Molelo,yah!! you can also change Picture of the day i will work on Did you know section....hope that fine with you right.
- Point of correction "Molemo" means Medicine while "Molelo" simply refers to Fire,so i realise you wrote Molemo simply medicine yet the article speaks of Fire.I will correct it though.
- Greetings PiRSquared17 yes! that's true,i was with Victor Grigas Hamilton and Charlin Music in Cape Town,Joe Slovo Park with Students from Sinonjongo High School.These students are just so amazing and incredible.You could tell their dedication and enthusiasm towards their school work and even their passion to achieve that which they want.I was so touched by their family backgrounds and how they really wanted to know about Wikipedia.You know it was as if someone has been waiting long for something unexpected.Honestly i enjoyed that community outreach and wish to undertake more of this work for the benefit of the foundation and the well being of everyone.Personally i enjoy working as a Wikipedia Volunteer because i also believe in the motive of "Free Access to Information".
Come celebrate IdeaLab’s (re)Launch!
- Thank you very much,even though i once submitted my proposal idea and never got any of your responces. Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 07:51, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
IEG committee candidate statement
Hi Oarabile, thanks so much for signing up to be an IEG committee candidate! We're about to launch an open call for new members, and the round 2 committee will be chosen by the end of August. If you'd still like to be considered for membership, can you please add a statement to your sign up, to help the committee understand more about you and how you meet the criteria to join? Some past examples of candidates statements are here. Cheers! Siko (WMF) (talk) 18:42, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi again - it was so nice meeting you at Wikimania! I hope the rest of your travels went well :) If you're still interested in joining the IEG Committee (perhaps you've moved on to other interests now?), I hope you will come back to the committee's meta page by Friday 30 August to add a statement and answer the 2 questions that the committee is posing to new candidates. If not, I hope that the rest of your projects are doing well and that we'll meet again sometime soon! Best wishes, Siko (WMF) (talk) 04:16, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Monuments 2013
Hi Oarabile, thanks for volunteering to help out in this year's Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 South Africa! I have noticed that you are volunteering to help out in JHB which I think is great. I would also like to encouarge you to consider volunteering to drive the North West province as it has 67 registered monuments most of which are in Potchefstroom or in Limpopo which are both closer to your part of the world.--Discott (talk) 12:48, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
IEG Committee candidacy
Thanks very much for submitting your candidacy for the IEG Committee - we appreciate that you took the time to share your background and thoughts with us, and enjoyed learning about the awesome contributions you've been making to Wikimedia.
This round, the committee has not selected you to join as a member: we'd like to see you grow your experience with your own projects before taking on an advisory position.
We encourage you to keep going with your activities in Botswana and editing on-wiki, and to also stay involved in IEG by commenting on IEG proposals and ideas in the IdeaLab - we need everyone's input and yours would be very appreciated as a community member. I hope that you will consider signing up as a candidate again in a future round. Thanks again for participating, Siko (WMF) (talk) 20:01, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey
Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.
Click here to be taken to the survey site.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.
This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:44, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
Greetings. I see you have experience translating pages here at Meta. If you are willing and able, Wikimedia LGBT, a proposed user group, is currently recruiting people to assist with page translations. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 16:59, 24 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hello! thanks for sharing and sorry for taking long to respond back to you. Absolutely am more than happy to help with translating the page.I will be having a look at the page and start working on some translations sooner. Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 09:44, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
Wikipedia as an mHealth tool: 3-phase study in Gaborone, Botswana
Dumela rra! I recently sent you a Facebook message, but thought I would write you here as well. Are you still in Botswana? My name is Afton Chavez and I am a US medical student working on a Wikipedia study under the Botswana-UPenn Partnership in collaboration with the University of Botswana and Faculty of Health and Sciences librarians. We are hoping to launch a "Wikipedia Wednesdays" dedicated to improving the quality and comprehensiveness of Wikipedia articles relevant to Botswana and Africa, and also translating the pages. If you're around maybe you'd be interested in joining or pointing us to other people who may be interested in the project? For more information you can check out the grant application I just created here Gaborone Wikipedia 3-phase study Thanks! Abchave1 (talk) 15:13, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,