This page is for discussions related to the User:Operator873 page.
Please remember to:
- @CptViraj: I'm not sure how I missed this but thank you! Operator873talkconnect 01:24, 1 August 2020 (UTC)
Asking for help
I want to start a new Wikipedia project, Mara Wikipedia. Please help me how to become an administrator.
- @Teitei para: You've made the request at the right place, now you have to wait and see if that project would be created. Operator873talkconnect 13:04, 3 August 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
Congratulations, Operator873! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta-Wiki. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care. Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-adminconnect. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta. Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List of administrators and the Template:List of administrators. You're also allowed to subscribe the metawiki admins private mailing list. Again, congratulations and welcome to the team. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 21:58, 5 October 2020 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: Thank you! :) Operator873talkconnect 22:02, 5 October 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations, if you have the time Meta:Admin handbook is a good read. Also, do you still need the IPBE as you are a sysop already? Happy mopping. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 07:47, 6 October 2020 (UTC)
You've got a mail
|Hello, Operator873. Check your email—you've got mail!|
NOTE: Email is from account Revi 09:49, 23 February 2021 (UTC). — regards,
Congratulations for stewardship
|The Original Barnstar|
|@Operator873: Congratulations on becoming a steward on Meta-Wiki! 22.214.171.124 16:00, 26 February 2021 (UTC)|
Help me at kaa.wikipedia.org
Asking for help at Karakalpak Wikipedia, in this page! I forgive you to remove this page from protection so that I can edit it. Because there are some bugs in this template, I really want to fix those bugs. After I fix these errors, you can restore the protection!--Nurtenge (talk) 07:41, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
wiki news farsi
Hi For several months now, no activity has been done by the managers in the Persian news wiki. Users publish rumors on the Persian news wiki and administrators do not delete the page.
- @Meohemad: You need to go to RFP, which includes posting your admin request at the village pump or similar. Leaderboard (talk) 12:19, 30 March 2021 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 on cs.wikt
- Now IP:188.8.131.52 on cs.wikt. Please block it. Thank you. --Kusurija (talk) 08:31, 7 April 2021 (UTC) Here:Hard vandalism --Kusurija (talk) 08:34, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
184.108.40.206 on cs.wiktionary
Android 2113853211 on simple.wikipedia
Android 2113853211 had made 803 edits on simple.wikipedia since 1 Apr until 12 May. Android 2113853211 had created 14 articles on simple.wikipedia. Android 2113853211 is using RTRC and Twinkle. 220.127.116.11 07:41, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- Android 2113853211 is not a vandal. Can Android 2113853211 be unlocked. 18.104.22.168 07:44, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for the global block. Can you confirm that the /22 range also belongs to an open proxy? I've blocked it locally as a lot of abuse has been coming from it. Also pinging Hasley, who blocked this IP locally. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 22:24, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
- The same range had identical LTA edits on Wikidata, though some edits on ruwiki seem more constructive: https://xtools.wmflabs.org/globalcontribs/ipr-22.214.171.124/22. That does not mean it isn't a proxy though. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 13:41, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 26 June, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 14:04, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Hi - I'm getting errors when I try to connect. Is this because the maintenance is still ongoing? If yes, is there an estimated end time? The notice says "Emergency maintenance and downtime planned for 07/21/2021 0300-0400 UTC." so I was just wondering about the timeline. Thanks, --DannyS712 (talk) 18:11, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- @DannyS712: Try clicking here. The emergency maintenance involved DNS and IP changes. Likely have something stuck in your cache. Operator873 connect 18:13, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- It stopped working for me again - "504 Gateway Time-out nginx/1.14.1" and before that it loaded but only an error screen, not the actual interface. Did something change? --DannyS712 (talk) 12:53, 27 July 2021 (UTC)
- @DannyS712: The issue this morning was not related. It made a sma configuration change to nginx and, I guess, didn't load the file immediately. In the change, I typo'd and missed it during checks. This morning when nginx refreshed, it loaded the flawed config file and exited. It's all fixed now. Operator873 connect 15:24, 27 July 2021 (UTC)
How to request a global unlock
How to request a global unlock
- Your account is locked due to cross-wiki abuse. I've provided you with the courtesy of another lock on this new account. Operator873 connect 04:16, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
"cause of breakage"
You might have seen that SRG was in the category "Pages where template include size is exceeded" yesterday. If that is what your edit summaries were referring to, it's just that there were too many requests, which resulted in some template limits to be exceeded. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 11:06, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
- @1234qwer1234qwer4: Yes and thank you. I got hung up with your signature and didn't check the size of the page. Thoroughly my fault. Operator873 connect 14:57, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
Where Have I Been?
My dear Wikimedia family... as some of you, no doubt, have noticed, I've been inactive for a few months now. 2021 has hit my family much harder than 2020, sad to say. I've been having to deal with loved ones in the hospital (not COVID) and some other personal events in my life. I wanted to leave a message some where and let you all know that I'll continue working towards returning to WP, but I ask for patience and understanding from you during this difficult time. For emergencies, you're welcome to email me or ping me on IRC or Discord. I will answer as quickly as I can. Thank you for your support, concern, and continuing patience. Operator873 connect 21:44, 15 September 2021 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
pls and thanks
- Beep boop boop beep Operator873 connect 22:00, 6 January 2022 (UTC)
- @Praxidicae: I've checked and also verified with enwiki CUs there appears to be no suspicious activity regarding your account. I'd suggest a password rotation if there is any cause for further concern. Operator873 connect 22:12, 6 January 2022 (UTC)
Hello and happy new year, this user user:Serpiente rey shows same behavioural patterns with WMF banned user User: Rgalo10 from their commons contribution and edits here on meta almost 100% overlap in edits. Mind looking? Cheers --MeganB... …till the end 22:34, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
One year global block of T-Mobile?
- @ScottishFinnishRadish: The global block was supposed to be anononly, you're correct. Even the block reasoning said as much, but I'm not sure how I missed the tick box. Thank you for pinging about it. It's since been modified by AmandaNP. Operator873 connect 20:08, 13 January 2022 (UTC)