Welcome to Meta!
Hello, Osiris. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- 05:49, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
thx--Shizhao (talk) 08:22, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Indigenous Languages
Good day, thanks for adding your name. I saw your edit summary and I'd like to emphasize with you that LangCom will be involved as a member of the Wikimedia Indigenous Languages (WIL), so you don't need at all to be involved with previous LangCom projects. Please feel free to bring up suggestions and ideas on the talk page. Amqui (talk) 02:25, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Osiris (talk) 02:29, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
- It's really embryonic right now. In fact, I have thrown the idea only tonight on IRC that we should get things moving for that project. If you're using irc, we are discussing it on #wikimedia-incubator (but the discussion is pretty much on hold for tonight until tomorrow), feel free to join us. Amqui (talk) 02:31, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
- The mailing list has been created for WIL and you are welcome to join: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, Amqui (talk) 18:21, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
Did you know...
that you can start a Wikipedia in Pitjantjatjara by going to this page? πr2 (t • c) 18:01, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
- Pi, hi! Yes! It's been at the top of my to-do list for far too long! My goal is to get both Wiktionary and Wikipedia used by the local schools, but there are some pretty big hurdles (most of it comes down to lack of funding for computers). I'm aiming to get them up and running over the course of next year, but I guess I need to get the community online firstly. If it's successful, then I'm hoping to use it as a model for other indigenous languages. Osiris (talk) 21:33, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
- Any progress this year? PiRSquared17 (talk) 20:10, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately no. I've been living on the other side of the country for work for most of this year, so that's the main problem. I think we might have spoken a bit about on IRC a few months ago. I put the idea to a few people back in April/June, and while there are a lot of people who seem really keen on it, the hurdles are still there. The access to computers is still an issue, of course, and there is opposition from a few elders here and there over the lack of censorship (which is a cultural issue). Finding people who are both willing and able is difficult: most of the older generations (like myself) who speak the language best, have never been taught to write it; while many of the younger generations are often busy with other things. Once I get back home full-time, I can get focused on coordinating, but I'm not sure when that will be at the moment... Osiris (talk) 20:35, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi Osiris. I edited your global.js to update you to the latest version of force ltr, which is compatible with the latest MediaWiki changes and resides on the Wikimedia Tool Labs for easier updates. I also updated various deprecated functions and made your scripts HTTPS-compatible. Let me know if anything breaks. :) —Pathoschild 04:57, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
Global CSS/JS migration
Hello Osiris. You have global scripts in User:Osiris/global.js, which you import using your local JS pages. Since August 2014, your global.js and global.css pages are loaded automatically on all wikis. Since you already import them yourself, you may experience script errors or tools being added twice. Do you want me to fix this by removing the imports from your local pages using Synchbot (without changing any other content)? —Pathoschild 21:31, 05 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hi again! I haven't heard back from you, so I'll assume you don't want to do this. Feel free to leave me a message or add a Synchbot request if you change your mind. :) —Pathoschild 17:42, 09 January 2016 (UTC)