|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in September 2005, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Hello Pathoschild, this is Exir Kamalabadi, and I hope that you are having fun with Wikipedia. First of all, welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit! Find something that can be improved, either in content, grammar or formatting, then fix it. Don't be afraid. Be bold! If you do something wrong, there is always someone who will clean up the mess.
Here are some links that you may find helpful:
- Be bold!
- Contributing to Wikipedia
- The Tutorial, How to edit a page and the Manual of Style
- Community Portal. You can get some work over there.
- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia, the Simplified Ruleset, and What Wikipedia is not
- Wikiquette, the Wikipedian etiquette
Here are also some tips that you might find useful:
- Sign your posts on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~)
- Create a User page so that others can know you
- Add yourself to the New user log and the list of Wikipedians
- Go to the Village Pump or the Help Desk if you need Wikipedia related help, or the Reference Desk for general questions.
Finally, feel free to leave me a message on my talk page when you need help!
- Thanks. ^_^ --Pathoschild 09:34, 29 September 2005 (EST)
Your user page
Hi there. Welcome to wikipedia! I atually came here thinking you were an admin (so you could block Hip hop vandal) and noticed your birthday to be 08 June 2005? Error? Just wondering. Cheerio and welcome again to wikipedia. Banes 18:50, 29 September 2005 (UTC)
- I'm younger than most people think. Thanks for pointing that out. ^_^ // Pathoschild 19:06, 29 September 2005 (UTC)
Spam or malicious comments
Please fuck off. You are not funny.--18.104.22.168 19:00, 30 September 2005 (UTC)
- Don't vandalise and I shall gladly comply. Otherwise, I return your statement. -.- // Pathoschild 19:04, 30 September 2005 (UTC)
- At 21:32, September 30, 2005 22.214.171.124 changed "Pleas" to "Please" in 126.96.36.199's comment, and editted Pathoschild's above comment into: "Otherwise, I return your statement, whilst attempting to suck on my micropenis"
- At 21:35, September 30, 2005 Antandrus Reverted edits by 188.8.131.52 to last version by Pathoschild.
- At 21:39, September 30, 2005 184.108.40.206 blanked Antandrus' user page and replaced it with "Piss off, you are a cunt and you have no willy.--220.127.116.11 21:39, 30 September 2005 (UTC)".
- At 21:39, September 30, 2005 Pathoschild reverted Antandrus's page to last edit by OwenX.
Pathoschild, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay! If you haven't done so already, you may want to create an account.
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- [[w:Template:Latest news|Existing articles]] need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Mrmiscellanious 19:28, 30 September 2005 (UTC)
- Archival note: <nowiki>'d template redlink. // Pathoschild 23:49, 27 October 2005 (UTC)