- 1 Inspire Campaign survey on outreach to outside knowledge networks
- 2 Survey link error fixed
- 3 Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!
- 4 Welcome to the Dispute Resolution Focus Group
- 5 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election
- 6 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase
- 7 Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref
- 8 Spot a copy Q41780754 (older Q1061107)
- 9 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
- 10 Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018
- 11 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
- 12 Template Wizard script available for testing
- 13 Wiki Loves Food
- 14 What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- 15 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!
Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.
This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Welcome to the Dispute Resolution Focus Group
Thank you for signing up, and welcome to the dispute resolution focus group!
Read over the focus group introduction to get started.
Then read through the first module, which begins now and ends on Monday. The first module will be conducted via email, while later modules will be conducted on a separate page. We will provide additional logistical information as the focus group progresses.
Focus Group Extension
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase
Hello again Pigsonthewing! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to librarieslists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref
Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:
Timeline for nominations and voting
- Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
- Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
- Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
- Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
- To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
- Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.
How you can support #1lib1ref
- Participate! Get started at m:1Lib1Ref and add a citation with CitationHunt.org
- Share the campaign on social media using the #1lib1ref hashtag
- Tell your local librarians and library-loving friends about the campaign
- Watch and share this fun explainer video
- Join the Facebook event page for updates
- Join the Wikipedia + Libraries Facebook group for news and camaraderie
- Watch and share the OCLC #1lib1ref webinar
- Read the OCLC #1lib1ref Learner Guide
Spot a copy Q41780754 (older Q1061107)
- @D1gggg: Resolved, thank you. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 11:02, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018
As your username is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey in the order to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018 and help the organizing team.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,
On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
Template Wizard script available for testing
Hello. I'm contacting you because you voted for the Infobox Wizard in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.
The Infobox Wizard has gotten an upgrade - it's now a Template Wizard which works for infoboxes and all other templates. The feature is being developed as an extension (which will allow for localization) but there is a prototype user script which works well.
The Wishlist Team would love it if you could take a few minutes to try the Template Wizard prototype script out and give us feedback on whether it lives up to your expectations. This feedback will help build the script into an extension. To get started, add the following to your Special:MyPage/common.js -
The Template Wizard will show up as a puzzle-piece icon in the 2010 WikiEditor. You can click on the icon to insert a template. Your thoughts are needed on whether it makes sense for the wizard to be available for all users by default or if there should be a preference for it. If it's a preference, what should the default be? Please leave your feedback here. Thank you! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:41, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Keegan (WMF): I've been editing Wikipedia since 2003, and I've never heard of a "2010 WikiEditor"; nor is that term explained at Template Wizard. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 23:44, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Food
Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here.--Abhinav619 (talk) 16:09, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- The steering committee invites you to participate in this poll to help the committee plan activities this year.
- The committee decided to use the librarieslists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania
If you are attending Wikimania,
- Bring your books! You can participate in the book swapping we have planned, and swap/leave your books on the table. More details here
- WLUG meetup. We'll be mingling with other librarians/Wikibrarians/activists at the Birds of a Feather Lunch: GLAM and Heritage Birds of a Feather Lunch on July 21st, 13:00 to 14:00 in the London room. Come, join us!
- For your convenience and scheduling purposes, we've put together a list of Wikimedia and library-related events in Wikimania that might be of interest to you, with time and venue.
Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!
If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!
- Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,