Welcome to Meta!
Hello Redrose64, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing! Ottava Rima (talk) 20:00, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Per mw:Index.php#Raw, action=raw only works with ugly index.php URLs. PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:50, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I just worked that out, thanks. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 17:54, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
Cardiff Wikimedia Meetup 3
The third Cardiff wikimeetup will be held at the Central Bar on Windsor Place on Saturday 31 May at 5:30 pm. If you're interested, please sign up here. Everyone welcome! --Rhyswynne (talk) 21:46, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
- @Rhyswynne: Sorry, but evening meetups are inconvenient. If I want to avoid a 45-minute wait at Bristol Temple Meads, the last train home on Saturdays leaves Cardiff Central at 20:21. By way of comparison, our Oxford meetups typically last 5 hours or more. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 23:16, 15 May 2014 (UTC)
Add Tunis Meetuu to Wikipedia:Meetup/Calendar
hello can you help me to add my page How to edit on Wikipedia/Tunis to Wikipedia:Meetup/Calendar thank you --Touzrimounir (talk) 17:29, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- @Touzrimounir: The page doesn't exist. But if you mean en:Wikipedia:Meetup/Calendar, it appears to be there already, because you added it to en:Template:Meetup/June 2014. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 19:13, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
East London 2
Hi Redrose, the Meetup/East London/2 event has been added to most but not all of the places listed on your userpage. If you would be so kind as to fill in the blanks that would be much appreciated. Thanks, Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 01:57, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
- Done and geonoticed. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 09:00, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
East London 7
Hi Redrose64, I would be grateful if you could also geonotice Meetup/East London/7, thanks. Leutha (talk) 11:53, 18 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Leutha: Done this morning. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 20:46, 19 September 2016 (UTC)
Many thanks for helping me yesterday. Good to meet you. --Teresamac63 (talk) 07:42, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
Edit-a-thon in Oxford on March 8th.
I'm organising an edit-a-thon at the library in central Oxford for International Women's Day on March 8th, 10:30am - 2pm. I've created a page for it on here but I'd like to put it on a wikimedia site somewhere since it makes interlinking easier for new editors. I had a look around and it looks like editathons either go under meetups or under a project page. Maybe Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women would fit but it doesn't seem to have an events area, or maybe I could put it under Meetup/Oxford? What do you think?
Also it would be great if you could make it- although I suspect you have work? Cheers! Mvolz (talk) 16:33, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Mvolz: Sometimes I work Thursdays, sometimes not. I've added it to en:Template:Meetup/March 2018 and it will show up on pages like en:Wikipedia:Meetup; en:Wikipedia:Meetup/UK; and en:Wikipedia:Meetup/Calendar. You could leave a note at en:WT:WOMEN. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 12:24, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
International Women's Day Editathon
Just a reminder that the International Women's Day Editathon at the Oxfordshire County Library is tomorrow. Hope to see you there!
-Mvolz (talk) 15:55, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
Hi Redrose64 - are you still going to the pub today? I could still pop down at 1.30 if you're going to be there. Fugitivedave (talk) 12:59, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
I think I am in the right place but I am not sure who I am looking for. Where are people likely to be? 220.127.116.11 12:39, 14 November 2021 (UTC)
- Today, we were at the far right as you come in the main doors. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 22:23, 14 November 2021 (UTC)
Cambridge Meetup 46
Great to see Meetup/Oxford/90 is going to come about. We will be thinking about you at Meetup/Cambridge/46. I have update some of the place to announce our meetup, but I seemed to loose my way when it came to geonotices. I would be grateful for some help with these. Leutha (talk) 14:41, 7 June 2023 (UTC)
- @Leutha: We restarted the Oxford meetups last autumn, although attendance has been low. But we did consciously decide to resume the traditional dates of third Sunday in each month (except December), i.e. one week afer London. I see that we have a date clash: do Cambridge have a traditional date? I can't see a pattern. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 19:32, 7 June 2023 (UTC)