User talk:RexxS

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello RexxS, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing! Ottava Rima (talk) 03:27, 25 March 2010 (UTC)

Thanks, Ottava, and it's good to see you still active on the projects. Regards, --RexxS 19:00, 30 March 2010 (UTC)

Ebola translation task force (draft)[edit]

Hi! I started an Ebola translation task force (draft) to hopefully quickly get some Ebola related translations in local African languages. I'd love to see your input (and edits) Guaka (talk) 12:10, 27 October 2014 (UTC)

International Women's Day Editathon[edit]

Just a reminder that the International Women's Day Editathon at the Oxfordshire County Library is tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

-Mvolz (talk) 15:59, 7 March 2018 (UTC)

Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership[edit]

Membership renewal

Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!

Best, Shani & Doc James. 01:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)

Elections for 5 seats on the board of WPMEDF & Annual Meeting[edit]

Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)

COLOR[edit]

Hi, as you're (very indirectly) listed as one of the contacts for WMUK at Wikimedia chapters, could you tell whether WMUK has been discussing internally the community open letter and the possibility to sign it? (I saw the WMMED signature.) Thanks, Nemo 10:34, 30 June 2020 (UTC)

@Nemo bis: I brought it to their attention at a meeting last week, but I doubt that the Board will reach any conclusion in time to sign it, sorry. --RexxS (talk) 17:26, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
Hm, interesting, thanks. When is the next meeting of the board, if may ask? I suspect that signing at some time in July (or even August) is still better than nothing. Nemo 17:39, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
There's an online AGM on 18 July 2020, but there's no Board meeting planned for the day, and the next scheduled Board meeting is 25 September. --RexxS (talk) 17:55, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
So maybe it's easier to make the AGM vote on it? Nemo 18:58, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
Not really. The closing date for AGM resolutions was 8 June. The only other mechanism available would be to ask a question on the day - wmuk:2020 AGM is the schedule. There's a report on rebranding around 12:15 and there's a space for questions on reports at 14:35. As there's no way to have an online vote until we change the articles, a question could only raise the awareness of the membership and Board. Those who wish to attend the AGM need to book a free ticket on Eventbrite. --RexxS (talk) 19:19, 30 June 2020 (UTC)

Another quick WikidataIB request[edit]

Hi Rexxs. I've another (hopefully quick) Module:WikidataIB query: When d:Property P2699 has no wikidata parameter entry, it returns "[unknown value unknown value]". Example from the Wikimedian_in_residence page:

For the live table, see this Wikidata query
Wikimedians in Residence
Wikimedian (Q3809586) Organisation (P108) Link (P2699) Location (P937) Start (P580) End (P582)
Evelyn Swan Edit this at WikidataAmerican Folk Art Museum New York CityFebruary 2013June 2013
For the live table, see this Wikidata query

Is there a quick fix to return either an empty string or something like "no URL"?

Thanks again, T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 09:34, 26 July 2020 (UTC)

@Evolution and evolvability: I've made a fix in the Module:WikidataIB/sandbox:
For the live table, see this Wikidata query
Wikimedians in Residence
Wikimedian (Q3809586) Organisation (P108) Link (P2699) Location (P937) Start (P580) End (P582)
Evelyn Swan Edit this at WikidataAmerican Folk Art Museum New York CityFebruary 2013June 2013
For the live table, see this Wikidata query
See if that works for you. Cheers --RexxS (talk) 17:58, 26 July 2020 (UTC)
Excellent - that should work great, and from my limited understanding of the implementation shouldn't cause issues in other scenarios. Would you be happy to commit Module:WikidataIB/sandbox to Module:WikidataIB? Cheers! 07:50, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
@Evolution and evolvability: Unfortunately I can't. I'm unable to edit the module I wrote here. --RexxS (talk) 15:46, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
No prob. I've made the edit request for an admin to implement. T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 01:18, 28 July 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 12:58, 20 August 2020 (UTC)

Lua documentation on Meta and MediaWiki[edit]

Hello, and greetings, hope you are well! We have a task open on Phabricator to review and improve Lua documentation on meta and MediaWiki. Recently, we also opened a call for projects for Outreachy, a mentoring program through which Wikimedia selects interns every six months to work on coding and non-coding projects. I am reaching out to you to see if you might be interested in co-mentoring this Lua documentation project in this program :) You can read the full announcement email about the call for mentors for Outreachy to learn more about the program. No worries if you are busy, in that case, if you can suggest who else to reach out to, that would be lovely SSethi (WMF) (talk) 06:33, 11 September 2020 (UTC)

@Srishti: Thanks for the invite, and I'd be delighted to help out in any way I can. I've dropped a note on the Phabricator task, so I'll get updates on how the task is going. Let me know if/when you need something from me. Cheers --RexxS (talk) 10:41, 11 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday September 20 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August SWAN meeting and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday September 20, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 02:10, 19 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:45, 22 October 2020 (UTC)