- 1 R. Giskard Reventlov@wawiktionary
- 2 Steward requests
- 3 Round 2 Re-submission of Arc.heolo.gy proposal
- 4 Questions
- 5 כתובת IP חסומה
- 6 Blocked IP
- 7 Уведомление о переводе: Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Toolkit/Discussion Coordinator Role
- 8 Blocked IP
- 9 Block IP
- 10 Boiagiallo
- 11 special:contributions/Meepsheepy
- 12 Apology
- 13 User:Virajmishra
- 14 User:My beautiful art of s0ckpuppetry
- 15 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 16 en.Wikipedia vandal
- 17 Cross-wiki LTA Vandyrand
- 18 Multiple accounts used on si.wiki
- 19 Hacker account
- 20 Bocked IP Range
- 21 LTA accounts
- 22 Prinsipe Ybarro
- 23 Solomon203
- 24 Common.js in el.wikisource
- 25 German Wiki, diverse
- 26 По флагу импортирующего
- 27 LockHide
- 28 Steward requests/Miscellaneous
R. Giskard Reventlov@wawiktionary
I'm replying on the request page (in short, yes it is a special account).
- Help please
- Could you please provide bot access to my user id itself. []
Round 2 Re-submission of Arc.heolo.gy proposal
Hi there Ruslik,
I have decided to reapply for the Round 2 of the 2016 Project Grant applications.
I selected to create a new proposal, and it seemed to simply overlay the new information on the old application page, therefore leaving my updates and revisions on the Round 2 version attached to the "Past Proposals" link to the application.
Do you know how I would get this updated version bumped into the "Current Proposal" sections?
Why did you block me? Contact me- firstname.lastname@example.org
כתובת IP חסומה
למה כתובת IP220.127.116.11 חסומה לעריכה?
You have blocked an IP address range including mine from editing. This is not due to my edits, so must be from due to user on the same ISP. Is it Wikipedia policy to block the IP range for an entire ISP because one of its users broke the rules?
Me too! I’ve also been blocked from editing a page.
Уведомление о переводе: Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Toolkit/Discussion Coordinator Role
Вы получили это письмо, так как зарегистрировались на сайте «Meta» в качестве переводчика на следующий язык: русский. Страница Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Toolkit/Discussion Coordinator Role доступна для перевода. Вы можете перевести её здесь:
Приоритет этой страницы — средний.
Hi, I ask you to unblock my IP address
Start of block: 16:27, 31 December 2016 Expiration of block: 16:27, 31 December 2017
Thanks in advance
I have just logged into my account after moving to Israel and have discovered my entire IP range has been blocked. This seems somewhat excessive?
"Your current IP address is 18.104.22.168, and the blocked range is 22.214.171.124/23. Please include all above details in any queries you make."
--Urbanplay (talk) 17:29, 16 June 2018 (UTC) This happened to me as well. Maybe this is due to the fact that I use an USB-stick for my internet access. Please unblock this IP asap because I have not misused Wiki in any way. The error message was: "Deine aktuelle IP-Adresse ist 126.96.36.199 und der gesperrte Bereich ist 188.8.131.52/24. Bitte beziehe alle obigen Einzelheiten in all deinen Anfragen ein."
I am user en:User:Boiagiallo-edits: I made several edits in en.wiki and it.wiki, but unlogged IP 184.108.40.206-it.wiki, during April 2013 for to improve and to start several articles regarding Italian food and related articles. I used a computer in a public location en:User talk:220.127.116.11: obvious that computer, and related IP, was in charing use with other users, but an Italian admin globally locked my account [Boiagiallo], wich is used by me alone. I leave a post in Italian discussion of admin, but he ignored me. Admin was looking for other editors, who edit in articles regarding history and sports, but those users are not my friends and I don't know them! If you global unlock [Boiagiallo], I can continue to improve many articles in many languages: articles regarding Italian food and related articles! I made request here. Now I can not log in: my actual and dinamic IP is 18.104.22.168
Another sock of INeverCry. Creates an account and immediately starts deletion requests like other socks.
Everyone... Let me talk...
It all started in 2014/2015 (I think) when I created a Wikipedia account. I was exaggerating the sizes of UY Scuti at the time. I now know that UY Scuti is only 1,708 ± 192 solar radii.
I came back in June 2017. I wanted to help make useful contributions to the encyclopedia. Everything turned out well for the first 2-3 months. However, things changed. Some users started to argue against me, especially when it came to star sizes.
Then, when I tried to introduce more information, the other users didn't like it and started to want to get me blocked. They succeeded. Why would they pick on me? Yes, why me? Why are they always saying that everyone else is right (not in the case of wikipedia:WP:TRUTH, but in encyclopedic contribution terms) and I am wrong?
But things took a turn for the worse. My archnemesis, Sasha Primerov, started insulting me on wikipedia:es.wikipedia.org . He got both of us blocked indefinitely as a result. My niece, friend, and archnemesis made their own Wikipedia accounts on my computer without my consent. My niece was making disruptive edits to wikipedia:List of largest stars, my friend was editing in bible verses even though it is vandalism, and my archnemesis was making personal attacks. All of our accounts got involved in a sockpuppet investigation and all of them were banned, and my account was globally locked. All of this is the truth.
Please, in 4 months, let me come back. Please unlock my account and inform an administrator to unblock me. Not now, but in 4 to 5 months, to complete the wikipedia:Wikipedia:Standard offer.
My only intention was to help build an encyclopedia. I really don't want to be globally locked. After all, Wikipedia is «the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.»
I don't hate the people who think that I am wrong and that I should be blocked. I actually like all of you, guys. Just please let me contribute to the encyclopedia.
Please, I promise to never let anyone make a Wikipedia account on my computer again. I also promise that I will avoid the behavior that got me blocked at all times and make useful contributions.
Please, give me a second chance. I am just a teenager living in wikipedia:Russia, and I want to make Wikipedia more reliable than it is today.
I am very sorry for the incidents and thank you very much, in advance.
- Hey Ruslik0 I'm virajmishra. Why you are not unlocking my account. Please unlock my account soon. 2405:204:E305:F94A:7507:F801:27C1:A0AB 06:21, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hello @Ruslik0: i have accepted my mistake and my behavior. I'm very very sorry. Please give me a only one chance. Thank you very much brother. Please help me someone not help me but you please help me because i realized my behavior and mistake But now I will never do anything. Please check and unlock my account.Thank you very much.2409:4043:806:7F09:83:FE56:368:E58E 03:30, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
User:My beautiful art of s0ckpuppetry
Another sockpuppet. Thanks. 2601:1C0:4401:F360:1587:E586:DADE:74FD 22:10, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
You may have solid reasons to deem two vandals unrelated – for example, from the check-user data. But with without waiting for third-party input you implicitly debased opinion of other stewards who might have more experience with this LTA, or different insights. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 21:41, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- That page is not a forum. No discussion is supposed. Only short requests and answers. Ruslik (talk) 19:28, 22 April 2018 (UTC)
Cross-wiki LTA Vandyrand
Hi, I'm LightandDark2000. Can you please Globally Lock a sock account of User:Vandyrandy? This user is known for cross-wiki vandalism, trolling, and Neo-Nazi style vandalism. I've left a report at m:SRG (listed under Vandyrandy). Thanks. LightandDark2000 (talk) 00:57, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
- By the way, can you please also look at the "Spambot" request near the bottom of the Global (un)lock list? It's been sitting there for some time now. Thanks. LightandDark2000 (talk) 00:59, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
Multiple accounts used on si.wiki
Hello, I am Cyrus, from the Philippines, I have seen that the user is used multiple accounts on Sinhala Wikipedia. He has also: here, and here. Please advise this user. Thank you. --Cyrus noto3at bulaga (Talk to me) 09:08, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
- Using multiple accounts is generally not prohibited in Wikimedia projects. Ruslik (talk) 18:39, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
- The second account has a similar username, but this one is obviously a vandalism-only account. LightandDark2000 (talk) 02:41, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
Bocked IP Range
Hi Ruslik0, on 07.05.2018 you blocked IP Range 22.214.171.124/24 for one year. That Range belogs to dynamic IP range of provider Vodafone Germany (see whois.ripe.net). Currently my IP (126.96.36.199) belongs to that range and block me to contribute to Wikipedia. Please check IP block, blocking dynamic provider IPs make imho not so much sense. Best Regards unimog404
A couple more LTA Fuerdai accounts. Please lock. Thanks. 188.8.131.52 22:19, 18 May 2018 (UTC)
- This was confirmed by checkuser evidence from tlwiki. No doubts here. Ruslik (talk) 20:27, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
I don’t see this acc blocked at any time in tl.Wikipedia. Again, who namely with the language knowledge concluded that Prinsipe_Ybarro = MRY with a reasonable certainty? The technical evidence doesn’t prove much in this case where some relation of Prinsipe_Ybarro to the vandal is evident from multiple sources. As for possibility for doubts, please, bring such disputes to the check-users and clerks of English Wikipedia—these guys definitely have to be trained by somebody like Ruslik0—whereas one Incnis_Mrsi can discern himself which people represent trusted authority on Meta-wiki. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 19:24, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Incnis Mrsi: MRY is confirmed engage an good hand and bad hand sock in the past, beside on Solomon203 has the doubts. SA 13 Bro (talk) 21:18, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Common.js in el.wikisource
Thank you for your help maintaining el.wikisource scripts. I suppose you updated obsolete code. Do you have any idea, why this code no longer overides the part of commons.js in lines 980-1003. I'm not able enough in js to understand where the problem is. —Ah3kal (talk) 09:46, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
German Wiki, diverse
I would like to edit some articles in the german wikipedia, but there was a "Long-term abuse". Why? What can I do, because I can't edit anything? Pleas help --Fährtenleser (talk) 13:53, 27 May 2018 (UTC) (de:User:Fährtenleser)
По флагу импортирующего
Спасибо! Но не вижу в интерфейсе n:ru:Служебная:Импорт кросс-вики импорта, как тут wmru:Служебная:Импорт - "Исходный вики-проект", "Исходная страница". У стюардов есть доступ к этим ссылкам или нужно скриншоты сделать?
XML-импорт (upload import) удобен для уже удалённых страниц, когда администратор другой вики экспортирует её из своей. В обычном же режиме для существующих страниц самым распространённым инструментом является именно кросс-вики импорт (transwiki import), который подхватывает всё связанное (особенно удобно для шаблонов). Или неправильно их называю?
Можно также подключить этот кросс-вики импорт в руВН из руВП, ВМ РУ и Меты? Или не туда смотрю? Или это нужно в каком-то другом месте делать? --sasha (krassotkin) 07:58, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Надо в начале определить источники в wgImportSources. Ruslik (talk) 08:15, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- То есть это через Фабрикатор делается. Понял, спасибо. --sasha (krassotkin) 08:53, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Probably, yes. Ruslik (talk) 06:04, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
- Hmm. I'm not going to do that myself, since the documentation at Template:LockHide and Steward requests#Cross-wiki requests seems to suggest that lock and hide requests belong on Steward requests/Global. If you think any of the documentation should be changed (to direct users from SRM to SRG for such requests, or to "allow" the template to be used at SRM in addition to SRG), please do so. As a steward, presumably you'd know better than I how the intructions could be improved to reflect how the pages are actually (intended to be) used. - dcljr (talk) 03:06, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
Hello Ruslik0! I've seen that you edited my request, and since you're a steward I'd like to ask you if you could take care of it. In case you couldn't, would you tell me the name of another steward who may be able to take care of it, please? Thank you. Gheorghiosan (talk) 15:51, 18 July 2018 (UTC)