User talk:Saint Johann
-- 05:18, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 14:30, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
please don't re-instate what I remove from my talkpage. thanks Seb az86556 (talk) 15:47, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, but have you heard about refactoring talk pages? Saint Johann (ru) 15:52, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Fundraising translation feedback
Hey Saint Johann,
I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.
To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Russian using This Link
Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.
На Викиманию-2017 из Казани
Олег, буду благодарен за свежий взгляд на пока только план доклада и предложения. Коллеги из bawiki, sahwiki и myvwiki в группе в Фейсбуке дают комметарии и предложения.--Frhdkazan (talk) 17:33, 11 June 2017 (UTC)
- Frhdkazan: привет! Не знаю, чем могу помочь с подготовкой доклада, моё единственное мнение — не стоит использовать ни «нассать», ни «piss on» в такого рода выступлении, англо- и русскоязычные могут не оценить. «Отречься от идеалов и миссии» не рассматривалось в качестве варианта? Saint Johann[ru] 13:50, 12 June 2017 (UTC)
- Спасибо что откликнулись. За "отречься" - более нейтральный, но не менее эмоционально богатый вариант того, что мне вчера пришло в голову как "забить на" - особый рәхмәт.
- Составление самого плана и конспекта - наилучший способ подготовиться к поездке, уложить в голове в порядок то, чем в принципе можно поделиться, оказавшись на такой тусовке (сами записи выступлений Викимании потом всё равно будут доступны для просмотра с Викисклада). И два вопроса:
- Вы не в курсе, идут ли (и если да, то где) обсуждения участников Викимедиа на языках коренных и автохтонных народов? В их рассылке тишина более года, в других рассылках Wikimedia о сотрудничестве чаптеров или пользовательских групп на тему совместного развития Википедий на недоминантных языках ничего не проскальзывает, ссылка на соответствующую группу в Facebook мертва...
- Не подскажете, нет ли какого хитрого способа как можно увидеть список всех тех, кто в последнее время занимается Мета-переводами на русский язык?--Frhdkazan (talk) 15:28, 12 June 2017 (UTC)
Re your question: the black logo was designed solely for print and similar occasions where it's not possible to correctly render the colours. If you have to print a black and white letter, or add the logo on a coloured background in a website for some reason, then it's better use a black (or white) logo than to use colours and have them undistinguishable. However some people were so proud about this result than they went overboard and started thinking that their precious child should be used everywhere. --Nemo 06:44, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Dear Saint Johann, you expressed your endorsement for the Auto-save feature in Visual Editor and WikiText Editor proposal, but haven't voted yet. The proposal is on the 10-11th place now, and every single supporter is needed to be finished in the first ten. Please consider voting for this proposal. Kind regards, Samat (talk) 19:26, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.
- Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
- How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
- Finally, you are also welcome to comment at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177923, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".
Request for help from Subbu (Parsing Team)
Hi there, ambassador! Subbu and his team would like to encourage a few big wikis to make a planned technical change slightly ahead of time, like the German and the Italian Wikipedia plus 170 other wikis already did last month. He'd appreciate if his message could be translated, before he posts it on the local village pump. (Once he does so, it would of course also be nice if you could keep an eye on the thread, should a conversation happen locally that requires his intervention and/or make sure that the message reaches the right people, but it's not a big deal if you can't!) He'll likely post there on Monday 15, and he'll just use the English version if a translation isn't available. Thanks in advance for your attention and help, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 10:23, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Getting started on Phabricator
As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.
For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:50, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
Expanding Wikipedia articles across languages/Tool Translations
Hello Saint Johann!
I'm looking for help for 14 short translations in Russian: Research:Expanding Wikipedia articles across languages/Tool Translations
That's for increasing the participation in the small game built by Research to help translators. You can already play with it on https://gapfinder-tools.wmflabs.org/section-alignment/mapping. When done, can you help me to share it with your community?
- As far as I am aware, you’ve already shared it on our forum, haven’t you? stjn[ru] 15:26, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
Hello, a while ago you participated in a feedback round about a proposal how accidental clicks on the rollback link could be avoided. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and ideas!
Looking at the feedback and the rollback situation in different wikis, the development team decided how to approach this wish: As a default, most wikis won’t have a confirmation. But users who wish to have one, can enable it in their preferences, which will add a confirmation prompt to the rollback link on the diff page and on the list pages. The prompt won’t be a pop-up, but an inline prompt like for the thanks confirmation. You can read more about the planned solution and what influenced this decision on the project page. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 09:39, 16 July 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)