User talk:Sayant Mahato
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Welcome to Meta!
- 3 Participant selection Train the Trainer 2015
- 4 A barnstar for you
- 5 MediaWiki Train the Trainer 2015 barnstar
- 6 WikiConference India 2016 updates
- 7 Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
- 8 2016 Community Wishlist Survey
- 9 Maithili Wikimedians Mission 10
- 10 Project Tiger writing contest
- 11 [Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
Participant selection Train the Trainer 2015
|You have been selected to join TTT 2015|
|Hello Sayant Mahato, Congratulations!!! You have been selected to attend the Wikipedia Train the Trainer program at Bangalore during 26 February to 1 March 2015. We are excited to see you in Bangalore! |
We request you to please arrange your travel schedule to reach Bangalore by 25 February, 2015 evening and plan to leave on 1 March 2015 evening or 2 March, 2015 morning. CIS-A2K will reimburse you costs of the local travel incurred. We will be in touch with you over e-mail and mobile for further coordination. If you have any queries please leave a message here.
A barnstar for you
This barnstar is awarded to you in recognition of your leadership and presentation skills in the Train the Trainer 2015 program. We hope to have enriched your Wiki-experience and would like to see active contribution from you towards outreach and other Wiki-activities. Thank you once again for your enthusiastic participation. -- CIS-A2K team (talk) 10:14, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
MediaWiki Train the Trainer 2015 barnstar
This barnstar is awarded to you in recognition of your leadership and presentation skills in the MediaWiki Train the Trainer 2015 program. We hope to have enriched your Wiki-experience and would like to see active contribution from you towards MediaWiki and other scripts, gadgets and tools-related activities. Thank you once again for your enthusiastic participation. -- CIS-A2K (talk) 15:04, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
2016 Community Wishlist Survey
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Project Tiger writing contest
Hi Sayant, I am reaching out to you because you expressed interest in Supporting Indian language Wikipedias program. I am glad to inform the writing contest has been launched. If you are interested in coordinating this for your community, here is a sample contest portal. You can translate this and launch the contest. Please leave comments on the talk page if you need help or have questions. I am also sending this message to other Wikipedians who expressed interest. We are keenly awaiting the participation of Sanskrit Wikipedia community. All the best.--Ravi (talk) 10:20, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Ravi! I would definitely like to contribute my best. In fact I've personally spoke to some of the academicians to organize an Edit-a-thon in Tirupati or Bangalore as a part of the contest. Primarily they have agreed to the proposal. other technical things are yet to be discussed. I'll let you know about the progress. Thanks.- Sayant Mahato (talk) 06:27, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 03:43, 28 May 2018 (UTC) Hi Sayant, I got your contact from yesterady's Project Tiger Wiki ediathton at CIS Bangalore.. We've been trying to connect with all Wikipedians in Bangalore, across languages. A meetup like that will help to carry forward the momentum of Project Tiger.
I'll send out a formal request to you. Please put a notice on Village Pump of your language wiki & help me get connected to as many Bangalore based Wikipedia Contributors of your language. In June 2018, we wish to host a meeting of Bangalore based all language & all projects Wikipedians at CIS Office Bangalore.
Tito Dutta from CIS-A2K has been very much willing to support this effort. -WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 03:43, 28 May 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks @Mallikarjunasj: I would definitely like to get involved in this initiative. I'll convey this message to other Bengaluru based community members. ː) -Sayant Mahato (talk) 06:12, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.