User talk:Seddon (WMF)
***POST BELOW THIS***
- @DannyS712: In hindsight guess we can mean the lastest veriosn :D Seddon (WMF) (talk) 15:35, 11 April 2020 (UTC)
Template:CentralNotice Timeline and lint errors
Hello Seddon and Quiddity (WMF). (Seddon) I realize that you are not currently working with CentralNotice, but am leaving this here as you created the template and hopefully will know the most about it. I am currently working on lint fixes and came across Template:CentralNotice Timeline. I have been able to fix its use of the deprecated center tag but Special:LintErrors shows it as also using "tt". However, it is not using that in its source. I see that the template uses "tag:timeline". Where are tags kept so that I may try and hunt down this one lint error? Thank you for your time and assistance. All the best, TheSandDoctor Talk 22:16, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
- TheSandDoctor I believe that's just a parser tag, that is invoking EasyTimeline. Ah, yes, mentioned here mw:Extension:EasyTimeline#Using the current date. I suggest searching phab for existing tasks, or filing one if none exist. HTH. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 15:35, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
The fundraiser that never came
Thank you for fundraising updates, but, ah, if this year's fundraiser starts on "November 31", I think the WMF might eventually run into some financial trouble. :) --Yair rand (talk) 01:35, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
- @Yair rand: Did I not mention our new strategy for 2020? Zero-point fundraising :P Drawing funds from imaginary pockets of space time. Seddon (WMF) (talk) 02:34, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
- Having seen the usually painful and/or mind-invading processes needed to acquire them, suddenly the irritation of a banner campaign seems way more tolerable! Nosebagbear (talk) 19:59, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
in the text of the blue banner displayed during the ongoing WMF fundraising campaign on the french WP, we would appreciate that the mercantile sentence "Alors si Wikipédia vous a transmis l’équivalent de 2 € de connaissances cette année, prenez vous aussi un instant pour faire un don" be replaced by "Alors pour assurer la préservation de ce bien commun universel et encourager son amélioration, faites un don". Besides, that sentence is a bit redundant with "Un don de 2 € suffirait à faire prospérer Wikipédia pendant de nombreuses années".
For some other opinions about this request, see Le Bistro, 7 October 2020.
- @ContributorQ: over night the team have prepped a test which you can see here. We'll probably test it over the weekend. I'll let you know the outcome. Seddon (WMF) (talk) 15:55, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- @ContributorQ: so we tested it but it wasn't successful and lost by 5% but we think there is potential there. The team is quite stretched but is going to try another variation because they really like the direction. I will let you know if run another test. Seddon (WMF) (talk) 18:16, 15 October 2020 (UTC)