|Users by language|
If you want to leave me a message, please go to my talk page on French Wikipedia.
If you want to contact me about something related to the Wikimedia Foundation, please go to my WMF page.
- 1 Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
- 2 Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions
- 3 Community Engagement (Product)/Media Viewer consultation/fr
- 4 IRC cloak request
- 5 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 6 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 7 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 8 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 9 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 10 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 11 Translations tools for Wikimania-Hackathon-2016?
- 12 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 13 2016 Community Wishlist Survey
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.
Je n’avais pas vu que tu étais en train de traduire, et il est possible que j’ai modifié certaines de tes traductions sans m’en aperçevoir (dans la section "The Media Viewer Improvements List" uniquement). Dans le début, j’ai mis des apos typos surtout lors de la relecture. ~ Seb35 [^_^] 15:09, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
- Je disais ça parce que je me méfie de la bonne gestion de l’édition par Translate. Merci pour la traduction et le "100% reviewed". ~ Seb35 [^_^] 15:25, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
IRC cloak request
you requested a while ago a Wikimedia IRC cloak, however we never received a memo from your account to confirm your ownership of said account. If you still wish to obtain a cloak, could you please send a memo from your irc account with the text "IRC cloak request" to the wmfgc user? This is accomplished by typing in, while logged in on irc,
/msg memoserv send wmfgc IRC cloak request. If you run into any issues or have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my meta talk page. Kind regards, Snowolf How can I help? 15:24, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Translations tools for Wikimania-Hackathon-2016?
- Hi Rical
- If that's related to my work at the Wikimedia Foundation, please leave me a message on my professional talk page or send me an email.
- If that's not, can you expend? :)
- Thanks, Trizek from FR 16:58, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
2016 Community Wishlist Survey
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- Salut Trizek ! Je viens de tenter de résumer notre discussion du mois dernier à propos de l'éditeur visuel pour le sondage technique, mais je serais bien intéressé par ta relecture ! Je t'invite donc à relire la proposition 2017 Community Wishlist Survey/Editing/VisualEditor Template Suggestion. Merci d'avance ! Noé (talk) 20:25, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
- Bonjour Noé
- Il y a deux choses à distinguer dans ta proposition : la définition d'une liste de modèles par la communauté et la définition d'une liste personnelle de modèles/caractères. Les deux sont possibles, mais complexes. J'ai modifié la proposition en ce sens.
- Trizek from FR 09:45, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
- Très juste, j'imaginais les deux, mais j'avais du mal à être clair et concis. Merci beaucoup pour tes améliorations dans la proposition ! C'est nettement mieux maintenant ! J'imagine bien que c'est complexe, mais ça ne figurait pas encore dans la roadmap de l'équipe de développement de l'éditeur visuel, pas même dans la catégorie des choses à explorer un de ces jours. Pourtant, je suis sûr que c'est une amélioration qui serait très appréciée Noé (talk) 10:42, 10 November 2017 (UTC)