User talk:Martin Urbanec
|←User page||Welcome to my talk page||Archives (current)→|
|SpBot archives all sections tagged with |
any method to close and take action for "bhutan section", i provided link by federation and users didnt prove differently, so as most reliable source must be respected above indications. many thanks!
Please help us with a difficult question.
Hello, Martin. Please help us understand the problem. Something tells me you may know the answer to our question.
Thanks to you, for the 4th year in a row, a banner has been put up for the Science Photo Competition, held among Russian Wikimedians via CentralNotice.
This year, oddly enough, the banner is attracting no more than 300 people a day, with attendance dropping more than tenfold (2021 - Request).And this year's contest for this reason is failing, very few photo uploads. :(
A very big request to prompt from what caused such a small attendance and how it can be corrected, the contest will go another 25 days, it is still possible to fix something? JukoFF (talk) 12:19, 5 April 2021 (UTC)
- @JukoFF Hello, I just looked at this year's config and 2019's config, and both of them are very similar – they are displayed twice per day at most, to 50 % of users. I don't see any difference between those two configs. I just tried to VPN to Russia (to get correct geolocation) and load ru.wikipedia anonymously a couple of times. The banner showed as expected.
- I see two possible reasons for this (right now, it's pure speculation).
- First reason) I'm not sure whether there were any concurent banners in 2019 (right now, both Wikigap and this appear, both set to 50 %, meaning there is always some banner). If there weren't any, it's possible the concurent banners displayed now make the banner feel much less exclusive (or interpreted as an advertisement rather than announcement), thus less users click on it.
- Second reason) 2021 is a special year of sort – many countries are tired of the coronavirus pandemy, and it's possible people actually care less about volunteering (possibly because they lost their own jobs).
- If you see any difference between the configs, please do let me know, and I'm happy to look at that, but I failed to see any.
- Best, Martin Urbanec (talk) 09:40, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Cache update for special page is needed
Can you update the Cache for a special page?
https://mg.wiktionary.org/wiki/Manokana:Fihodinana_tapaka 𝐖𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐁𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 👤💬 10:35, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
- I've been using sql now. That's why I don't need it anymore --𝐖𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐁𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 👤💬 17:02, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
- Done anyway, but using SQL in quarry is best when you need almost-real-time data. Martin Urbanec (talk) 09:17, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Hello, there's a cross-wiki bully and they created a talk page on my secondary account: Chaton masqué. Would you mind deleting and protecting Chaton masqué's talk page please? To use meta, I'm always logged as Bédévore anyway. Best regards, Bédévore (talk) 23:57, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
I think there was an error in you blocking my IP, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org