User talk:Waltercolor

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 25 days ago by MFischer (WMF) in topic UCoC training modules feedback

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, Waltercolor. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 20:41, 1 October 2014 (UTC)Reply

Merci d'avoir contribué à la Stratégie 2030 ![edit]

Wikimedia 2030 Celebration Image Wikimédia 2030
Merci Waltercolor pour ta contribution (en ligne et en présentiel) aux discussions stratégiques qui ont permis de créer les Recommendations pour la stratégie 2030 du mouvement Wikimédia ! Tes apports ont été précieux !

--DRanville (WMF) (talk) 15:39, 24 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election[edit]

Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.

The facilitators have some activities planned during the campaign period. Be sure to check out Candidate Resources to learn more about the trustee role.

The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.

Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:35, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hello ! Thank you some much for these infos and proposals. Yes I'm interested in a support and would be happy ti have a chat with a facilitator. Waiting for your reply. Thanks. Pascale Waltercolor (talk) 23:09, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you.
Great! Glad to hear you are interested in support. Let's schedule a time to meet. Mahuton and I will be the two facilitators meeting with you. Please feel free to email me jkoerner-ctr(_AT_)wikimedia.org so we can plan a time.Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:40, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

Guidelines for candidate videos[edit]

Hi Pascale, I am one of the election facilitators. I would like to share the guidelines for candidates to record short videos. I request you to please send me an email at kcvelaga-ctr(_AT_)wikimedia.org, so that I can share the guidelines. Thank you, KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 10:18, 3 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activities[edit]

Dear Candidate,

I am writing to you about several things:

1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.

2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.

3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac(_AT_)wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr(_AT_)wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:38, 16 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

Comment contacter un candidat pour se renseigner pour voter[edit]

> Oui pour contacter un utilisateur sur Wikipédia, le plus simple c'est d'aller sur sa page utilisateur !

Mais pas si évident de savoir comment contacter quelqu’un sur Wikipédia, à l’occasion d’un vote Wikimedia, même si on est comme moi un éditeur expérimenté, mais occasionnel. Et qu’on ne connaît pas grand chose au fonctionnement administratif de Wikipédia. (Et aussi si le nom de l’utilisateur Wikipédia ne correspond pas vraiment au nom de la personne qui est candidate.) Je pense qu’il faudrait rendre le vote beaucoup plus facile si l’on voulait que les gens votent plus et que le vote ait un sens. Je trouve que Wikipédia est un outil très facile à utiliser. Mais la partie administrative de Wikipédia me semble franchement souvent mystérieuse, compliquée, et assez hermétique. Kaicarver (talk) 10:09, 2 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hello Kai ! Ma page de candidate comportait pourtant bien mon nom et mon pseudo ainsi qu'un lien vers ma page de discussion (talk) :

https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Candidates/Pascale_CAMUS-WALTER#

Waltercolor (talk) 10:40, 2 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Oui j'ai bien vu, et c'est comme ça que j'ai fini par vous contacter, mais ce que j'essaie de vous signaler c'est que ce n'était pas assez facile pour moi au moment où j'ai pris le temps d'essayer de me renseigner pour voter. Je suis peut-être bête, hein... Mais voilà, c'était juste pour signaler ce problème que j'ai eu, alors si jamais vous voulez que les gens, même bêtes, participent au vote sans perdre de temps dans le labyrinthe, il faudrait peut-être leur faciliter les choses enocre plus. Ou pas. Juste un feedback. --Kaicarver (talk) 11:43, 2 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

PS: rien que cette page de discussion, en cherchant à y retourner, je m'apercois qu'elle est sur Wikimedia, pas Wikipedia, ok, mais aussi qu'elle est sur meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Waltercolor et non sur commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Waltercolor. OK. Il y a sûrement une différence évidente, mais j'ai perdu du temps à retrouver ça.

Meeting concerning the code of conduct[edit]

Thank you very much for attending the meeting and sharing such pragmatic views ǃ Nattes à chat (talk) 21:05, 8 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Merci à toi aussi Nattes à chat pour ta participation et tes idées ! Waltercolor (talk) 21:30, 8 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for volunteering[edit]

I wanted to thank you for volunteering for the role of selector for the Western & Northern Europe region. Kind regards Jan-Bart (talk) 05:08, 9 October 2021 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for participation in Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2022![edit]

Dear participant!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for participating in Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2022! We are grateful for your willingness to share free knowledge about the people and culture of Ukraine when it is needed the most.

As promised, the organizers want to appreciate your contribution by awarding you a certificate of participation. Please wait for further notifications from me on that issue.

What comes to prizes: because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, there could be delays in shipping, however, we will definitely get back soon with more information on that.

Take care and stay safe.-- ValentynNefedov (WMUA) (talk) 09:18, 4 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hi! Please activate the option to email you in settings so we can reach you to send details. To do it, go to Preferences, scroll to the bottom of the page, check the box "Allow other users to email me" and click the "Save" button below. Alternatively, you can just message me using this link: Special:EmailUser/ValentynNefedov (WMUA) (make sure you’re logged in under your account)--ValentynNefedov (WMUA) (talk) 18:55, 6 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

Leadership Development Working Group applications open until 10 April 2022[edit]

Hello, I hope you're well. I was hoping to share the below message with you and your talk page guests, as the call for applications for this working group is closing soon.


You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.


Thank you in advance for your consideration =) Xeno (WMF) (talk) 02:29, 8 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

Thanks Xeno (WMF) ! I had a look on the topic, and yes, it's valuable to do more for this. Especially as a francophone, I know that we do not really have in french a word equivalent to "leadership" (You know, people in Europe made so bad experiences with so called "leader maximo", etc... ). Perhaps they may consider as a more valuable quality of leadership the fact of being simply true Servants of the Community. So, yes, working on a good definition of leadership, with no misunderstanding, is a very important task. Waltercolor (talk) 14:38, 8 April 2022 (UTC)Reply
Thank you for taking a look - I will share your suggestions for the working group to consider. I agree that’s important, and my understanding is we hope to have multiple languages represented in the working group, to work on shared understanding. Xeno (WMF) (talk) 14:45, 8 April 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday May 8 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swans are musical creatures.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including 2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates, Movement Charter/Content preliminary narrative, Human Rights Policy Community Conversations, Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Feedback, IP blocking and Open Proxies discussion, Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday May 8, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 18:57, 4 May 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday June 5 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan impressions.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation this June, WMF Proposal for Movement Strategy Forum, New rounds of WMF Conference Funds including in-person events, WMF Proposal for Sound Logo Contest, WMF Elections Analysis Committee selection, wikimania:Program submissions due June 10 (scholarship and local event grants due June 3) and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 5, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:20, 1 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 3 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan celestial.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation last week, Affiliate voting period to shortlist WMF Board candidates (July 1-15), Wikimania updates, Desktop improvements, Wikimedia Enterprise first customers, Call for program submissions and updates for a global diversity of regional/linguistic Wiki-Conferences, Wikidata:Wiki Mentor Africa and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 3, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Intervention à WikiFranca[edit]

Chère @Waltercolor

Le comité de programme de la WikiConvention a le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre intervention [Implémentation de l'UCoC - Point d'étape] a été retenue. Le programme étant très chargé, nous vous demandons de bien vouloir restreindre votre présentation éclaire à un temps de 5 minutes. La convention aura lieu à Paris les 19 et 20 novembre. Merci de nous signaler votre disponibilité pour ces deux dates en répondant à ce message et en me pingant, ainsi qu’Adélaïde Calais WMFr.

Très cordialement, Geugeor Georges (talk) 12:16, 1 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Merci @Geugeor et @adelaidecalais ! Comme je ne connais pas encore le lieu de la Wikiconvention et mes possibilités exactes de déplacement, pour moi le plus simple est le samedi 19 en fin d'après-midi ou le dimanche 20 le matin. Encore merci à vous d'avoir accepté cette présentation éclair ! Bien cordialement Waltercolor (talk) 20:20, 1 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

WikiConvention Francophone 2022[edit]

Bonjour @Waltercolor,

Je suis chargée de recenser les adresses mails des conférenciers de la WikiConvention francophone 2022 afin d'améliorer la communication dans l'approche de la convention.

Pourriez-vous m'envoyer un mail à marion.roger@wikimedia.fr afin que je vous répertorie, merci d'avance.

Bien à vous, Wikimedia France (talk) 11:51, 22 September 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday November 13 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

bestiary (Q830560)compendium (Q1459574)reference work (Q13136).

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimedia Research Fund, 2023 Ombuds commission and Case Review Committee appointments process, feedback on consultation and community session of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, various Wikimania topics: (ideas/suggestions for Wikimania 2023, expressions of interest for Wikimania 2024 and beyond, expressions of interest to join Wikimania Steering Committee), and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 13, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and
UTC times are different from before, and also note that some areas may have recently experienced daylight savings time changes.).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:59, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2023: Invitation[edit]

Dear Wikipedian!

After two successful campaigns, Wikimedia Ukraine, in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and Ukrainian Institute, decided to launch "Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month" in the year 2023, which will last from 1st until 31st March. The campaign is dedicated to famous Ukrainian artists of cinema, music, literature, architecture, design, and cultural phenomena of Ukraine that are now part of world heritage.

I would like to invite you to participate once again in this writing challenge! We have revised the suggested articles and announced new prizes for contestants to motivate fruitful contributions from participants. I hope to see you on board soon!

You received this message because you participated either in 2021 or 2022 edition of Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month.ValentynNefedov (WMUA) (talk) 07:47, 2 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Your Feedback On The Leadership Development Plan is Important![edit]

Hi Waltercolor,


I am reaching out to you specifically on behalf of the Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) who recently published the Leadership Development Plan, a practical resource for emerging and existing leaders across the Wikimedia movement who want to develop themselves and others. Your perspectives will be really helpful in making this resource useful. Any opinions, feedback or ideas that you share would be appreciated. You can give feedback through the short survey, MS Forum, talk page or email at leadershipworkinggroup@wikimedia.org. The review period closes on Sunday May 28, 2023.


Thank you!


Best, Cassie Casares (talk) 15:20, 17 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Done. Thx ! Waltercolor (talk) 15:26, 17 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!)[edit]

SWAN: The Next Generation

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and
Note that we are now meeting on Zoom, with interpretation in the 2nd session in (Arabic) (Spanish) (French)--Pharos (talk) 02:44, 12 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2024: Invitation[edit]

Dear Waltercolor!

Wikimedia Ukraine, in cooperation with the MFA of Ukraine and Ukrainian Institute would like to invite you to once again participate in annual "Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month". We accept contribution in all language editions of Wikipedia! As always, the campaign is dedicated to famous Ukrainian artists of cinema, music, literature, architecture, design, and cultural phenomena of Ukraine that are now part of world heritage.

We have revised the suggested articles, made process of claiming your contributions more clear, so I hope to see you joining campaign soon!

You received this message because you participated in the previous iterations of Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month.ValentynNefedov (WMUA) (talk)

UCoC training modules feedback[edit]

Hi @Waltercolor:,

Thank you for signing up to stay informed about the UCoC training modules. If you haven't already, I invite you to review the following modules:

Your insights are valuable to us. After reviewing the training modules, please share your thoughts and comments on their respective talk pages:

We await your feedback by the 17th of May. This will give us time to reflect on your thoughts and include them in the revisions.

If you have any comments that you'd prefer to share privately, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at mfischer@wikimedia.org.

Thank you for your time and contribution! MFischer (WMF) (talk) 10:44, 2 May 2024 (UTC)Reply