WALRUS/October MCDC 2021
Call for special meeting of WALRUS + Wikimedia Canada for October 11, 2021, 9 pm Eastern US/6pm Pacific US
Dear WALRUS and Wikimedia Canada folks:
You are invited to a special meeting for North American (NA) affiliates on Monday, October 11, 2021, 9 pm Eastern/6 pm Western to discuss quick action that is needed.
Short version: The NA affiliates must choose a "selector" that will help select individuals for the 15-person Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) – this is after 7 seats have been filled by community voting and 2 determined by the WMF. The original deadline for NA's selector was October 10, but because of some process shortcomings, we have been granted an extension to October 13 in order to gather nominations (self or otherwise) and have affiliates vote.
We are proposing a very quick special process for choosing this selector. This call will be used to make the North American community more aware of this and to field any questions or feedback.
Please join if you can for your input and questions, especially those in affiliate leadership. If you cannot join, we will also try to have all the details on the wiki and talk pages. We are asking affiliates to be prepared to make a decision by Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
- To join the video meeting: https://meet.google.com/imo-xryg-dgr
- Join by phone, dial +1 904-900-0446 and enter PIN: 406 876 667#
- More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/imo-xryg-dgr?hs=5
Thanks, On behalf of a group of Wikiconference North America organizers
Note: Latin American and Caribbean have another process, so this call is focused on US/Canada.
- Etherpad notes
- The specific North America process is here: Movement_Charter/Affiliates_by_Region/North_America
- More information on the general MCDC process can be found here: Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Set_Up_Process