قرارات مؤسسه ويكيميديا/زوار المجلس
|This resolution allowing up to two visitors to observe the Board's work for a year was approved 8-1.|
The Board recommends experimenting for one year with allowing up to two board visitors for significant content, financial or expertise contributors.
- The Wikimedia Foundation and projects benefit from significant content, financial support and other contributions from both individuals and institutions;
- Some large contributors have an understandable expectation of greater access to information from organizations to which they contribute significantly;
- WMF's board will benefit from building closer ties with and learning from our significant individual and institutional contributors.
Criteria for selection as a board visitor:
- Contribution of significant content, financial support or unique expertise;
- Institution and/or individual shows strong philosophical alignment with WMF mission and,
- Board approval required prior to board visitor status being granted.
مميزات زوار المجلس:
- Attendance at in-person board meetings once per year for most but not all agenda items (e.g. Attendance for budget and strategic discussions, not for executive sessions);
- Inclusion in formal materials sent to other trustees (e.g. Pre-read materials, Committee reports, Board minutes);
- No participation in board voting on resolutions, or board IRC meetings; no inclusion on board email list;
- One year term.
Board Visitor Responsibilities
- Visitor must treat conversations with the same confidentiality as the rest of the board.
- Approved 8-1, one vote absent