- What is Wikiarabia?
WikiArabia is a three days conference where participants from the Arab region expose their experiences and perspectives on Wikimedia projects in the Arab countries. The Annual gathering of Wikiarabia enthusiasts participating in many free and open projects, of which Wikipedia—the free encyclopedia is the largest. one year after the Monastir Conference, Wikiarabia returns to Amman . We will host talks about free culture, education, technology and many other topics. The event is open to everyone, experts, researchers, enthusiasts and curious people alike!
- What is Wikiarabia 2016 about?
Wikiarabia 2016 is not your usual conference: it will host a wide range of activities including master lectures, unconferences, workshops, a hackathon, quick meetings, encounters, regular chit-chat between wiki enthusiasts from around the world. It will be held in Amman Jordan from March 24 through 26 . There will be many events to attend and be part of!
- Where do I register?
Please Contact organizers
- What should I bring?
- If you have one: a laptop and its charger,
- Power adapters (North American—Type A or B),
- Phone charger.
- Emergency Phone Numbers in Jordan ?
- 199 - Civil Defense : Dial to call Paramedics if you need urgent medical care or to call Firefighters in case of a fire.
- 191 or 192 - Rescue Police Operation
- 196 extention 4661 - Tourist Police Department
- 190 - Traffic Department
- 194 - Highway Patrols Operations
The electricity supply in Jordan is 230V/50 Hz. But several types of plugs/outlets are in common use. I.e. European with round pins, British standard, Indian and combination outlets that can take multiple types.
- Mobile Service
Most of Jordan has mobile coverage. There are three mobile operators:
- Zain - the first and largest mobile provider
Card-based temporary numbers can be purchased at the airport or any mobile shop for JOD5. These numbers can be subsequently recharged with a prepaid card starting at only JOD1. Temporary "throw away" phones can be bought at many mobile phone shops across the country for around JOD20-30, but a Jordanian must buy the phone before possession can be transferred to you.