WikiArabia/Agenda WikiArabia 2015/Wikiprojects in Maghreb/
- Presentation no / عرض رقم . SW01
- Title of the submission / عنوان التقديم
- Wikiprojects in Maghreb
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop) / نوع التقديم (مناقشة، مائدة مستديرة، لوحة، عرض، والبرنامج التعليمي، ورشة عمل)
- Author of the submission / صاحب التقديم
- Mourad Ben Abdallah
- E-mail address / عنوان بريدي
- Username / إسم المستخدم
- Country of origin / البلد الأصلي
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)/التبعية إن وجدت(إسم الشركة المنظمة)
- Wikimedia TN User Group
- Personal homepage or blog / عنوان المدونة أو الصفحة الشخصية
- Personal homepage
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)/ تلخيص (لا يقل عن 300 كلمات لوصف الاقتراح الخاص بك):
WikiProjects are groups of contributors willing to work together on improving Wikipedia about specific topics. Dedicated pages are used as resources to help coordinate, discuss and organize activities, and share ideas about article creation and improvement. Contributors may develop criteria, maintain various collaborative processes, keep track of work that needs to be done, and act as a forum where issues of interest to the editors of a subject may be discussed.
In this context, discussion pages are convenient for those involved to talk about what they are doing, to ask questions, or to receive advice from other people interested in the same topic. There may also arise situations in which it is beneficial for an article to be actively collaborated upon by multiple WikiProjects.
Experience shows that a successful WikiProject functions more as a cohesive group of editors working towards a common goal. To be effective, it must foster not only interest in the topic but also an esprit de corps among its participants. When cohesion is maintained—where participants are willing to share in the less exciting work—a WikiProject can muster energies and direction to produce quality articles more systematically than incidentally. Successful WikiProjects may also become a focal point for building ties between Wikipedians and a Wikimedia chapter or user group.
As countries or regions are a typical area of common interest that gather users, the session will be dedicated to present WikiProjects working on Maghreb and its different countries: Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and Libya. It will focus on the Arabic-, English-, and French-speaking Wikipedia versions where these groups are the most present. Tools and templates provided to users, levels of interactions, achievements, limitations and areas of conflict will be compared in order to serve as lessons learned for other WikiProjects working on Arabic-speaking countries.
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)/ مدة العرض
- 20 minutes: 15 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of discussion
- Special requests / طلبات خصوصية
- Presentation and interaction will be in English
Interested attendees / المهتمون بالحضور
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes.
إذا كنت مهتما في حضور هذه الدورة، الرجاء تسجيل الدخول باسم المستخدم الخاص بك أدناه. وهذا سوف يساعد المراجعين لاتخاذ قرار والدورات ذات الفائدة المرتفعة. التوقيع مع تجزئة وأربع علامات.(# ~~~~).
- --Dyolf77 (talk) 23:21, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- --Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 20:39, 20 March 2015 (UTC)