WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/The Road Ahead: Community, Chapter, Foundation
|This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.|
- 19:49, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
The Road Ahead: Community, Chapter, Foundation
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
Presentation and Panel
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
This session features a moderated dialogue about the current state and the future of the Wikipedia movement in India. It uses the Wikimedia Foundation publication "Growing Wikipedia: The India Chronicles, Part 1" by Tory Read as background and launch point for a panel discussion with representatives of India's Wikipedia community, the India Chapter and the Foundation. The session begins with a summary of the publication's key points and a brief Q & A about the making of the Chronicles. This introduction is followed by a moderated panel discussion and includes extensive Q & A with the audience. The topics covered include highlights of boots-on-the-ground activities in the past year, reflections on what worked, and opportunities and next steps going forward.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
I hope to.
- Slides or further information (optional)