WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/directTOwikipedia

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Timestamp
02:05, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
SubmissionID
WCIOR001
Title of the submission
directTOwikipedia
Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
A Presentation
Author of the submission
Anvar jamal
E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
anvar.jamals@gmail.com
State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
Delhi
Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
United College of Engineering & Research, Greater Noida, U.P.
Personal homepage or blog
http://www.anvar007.web.officelive.com
Abstract (maximum 500 words)
PURPOSE- I want to show all of you my own concept and working of offline wikipedia idea through a presentation. The presentation will be a combination of self created Powerpoint Presentation, Videos depicting the real life problems of some students having computers but not internet for accessing the wikipedia.

SUBJECT-WANT TO SHOW MY OWN IDEA ON OFFLINE WIKIPEDIA THROUGH A PRESENTATION.

ABSTRACT-Less than 10% of total Indian population is able to access the internet. What about the rest 90 % ? Out of this just assume if there are only 0.01% people who are having computers but not internet. When we talk about population, 0.01 holds a good value. At least 37% of computer users still reply on cyber cafes to use the internet. Does that mean they will not be able to access to Wikipedia ? Offline Wikipedia ! What are you talking about ? Yes, I am talking about making Wikipedia offline. Yes through it, we will able to access Wikipedia without internet facility at home on our computers. All Wikipedia's content (in formatted form) can be written on a set of low priced DVDs. A user will just insert the disc and search for the topic he wants without the need of the internet as such. In this way he can find the information in just a few clicks. DETAILS AND CONCEPTS/IDEAS ARE IN THE PRESENTATION ITSELF.


Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
Outreach
Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
No. I will not be able to attend Wikiconference if my submission is not accepted. I have not applied for a scholarship yet but i will be very thankful to you if i could get a full concession scholarship. My parents will not be able to send me there if i am not given the scholarship by wikiconference.
Slides or further information (optional)
Just want a chance, to show up my concepts there in front of everyone.