Here are some additional resources if you need help organizing. If you have questions, need advice or mentoring, or need support contact
Create a Programs and Events Dashboard event as part of the WikiForHumanRights Campaign. Make sure to pick an "Article Scoped Program".
Tracking "in scope" articles
To track contributions to the list of topics follow the following instructions:
- Go to the articles tab within the event you just created.
- Click on Add Petscan ID
- In another browser, Modify a Petscan Query:
- Go to Petscan ID 13015247
- In the Use Wiki section, pick your language Wikipedia in the last radio button and adding "enwiki" or similar.
- Click the "Do it!" button
- Copy the Petscan ID
- In the Programs and Events Dashboard, paste the PSID and click "Add this PSID"
- Add individuals who participate in your event to the campaign event, so we can track their participation and edits.
Do you need funding for your event? Rapid Grants are available, and will be prioritized for emerging communities. Please apply. Grants will be available during the entire window of March 1 - April 15 2021.
Working with Activists on Sensitive Topics
Human rights topics can be complicated to work on: they are both complex to write about and participants in events or activities may have strong emotional connections with the topics.
Wikimedia Argentina has been running events in several countries with activists working in Human Rights fields. They have developed a set of recommendations to keep in mind for your event:
English event kit for working with Human Rights activists.
Privacy and Safety
Working in Human Rights it's also important to pay attention to the safety of participants. Activist participants may be taking risks by being public. If you are concerned about safety at your event and want to learn more, we recommend taking this training and using the resources available on Commons.
If you have incident reported at your event, please share it with the Wikimedia Foundation's Support and Safety team: ca