WikiIndaba conference 2018/Report/Florence Devouard
I participated in several capacities
- Wiki Loves Africa, now and beyond, now and beyond. Announcement and discussion
- Education in Africa Roundtable hosting. With Walaa, Kacie and others
- movement strategy process participation
- supporter of WikiFundi: The first step towards Wikipedia in Africa :)
- dedicated listener otherwise
I actually already met at least once with many of the participants. So overall, it was more a re-connexion than a connexion. However, I particularly would note a better understanding and/or more collaboration with
I also met for the first time
- N'fana DIAKITE, who was the Mali facilitator of the WikiChallenge], which can prove very useful for further collaboration.
- User:WJifar (WMF), the new rapid grant officer and a very friendly person
- Abdallah Azibert from Chad
- Stephane and Alangi and I held a tech meeting to see how best move forward on the development of m:WikiFundi this year
- Bachounda finally got his much awaited swag !
- Got support from Zach for WikiFundi. We shot WikiFundi first steps videos with Erina (English), Georges (French), Sami (Arabic), and Afek (dialect). I collected the videos. Now need to work on them... that was a totally unplanned outcome and I am hugely happy I came up with the idea and got it implemented within 24 hours :)
- Learned much about animated gifs as well...
- pushed for the return of the African Hour (hangout meeting) and when Jack Rabah announced its rebirth, accepted to join the African Hour committee
- provided one WikiFundi to Rossouw (no shipping hassle)
- Celebrated the end of Wiki Loves Africa contest with winners (belatedly... can share that this is a bad idea to do such announcement during a public event as we can not at the same time deal with the online news ;))
- Celebrated the outcome of the WikiChallenge and discussed next steps
- Walked over 10k steps everyday (climbing Sidi Bou Said on Monday with Kacie and Zack was a highlight)