WikiIndaba conference 2019/Submissions/Digital Security for Wikimedians
- Title of the submission
Digital Security for Wikimedians
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Samuel Guebo, Christel Steigenberger, Derick Alangi
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
Côte d'Ivoire, Germany, Cameroon
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
A lot of Wikimedians consider digital security as something needed in other spaces - not on the Wikimedia projects. Through their work as a Trust and Safety specialists for the Wikimedia Foundation, Samuel and Christel have become aware of many different reasons why it is also of high importance on-wiki. Together with Derick they will talk about the most important topics around digital security, give practical advice, answer questions and give you the chance for deeper discussions with peers.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will learn basic digital security practices and know where to go for more information and help
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Will be included prior to conference.
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).