WikiIndaba conference 2019/Submissions/What is ART+FEMINISM?
- Submission no. 041
- Title of the submission
- What’s ART+FEMINISM?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Ghana; Egypt
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
It's been five years since Art+Feminism was founded. This talk will offer updates and highlights on the growth of the A+F campaign globally, our methods for designing and refining our approach to community led activism, and the lessons we have to share about our pursuit of intersectionality as a value and principle in our work.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Tips and resources for organizing through a lens of equity and anti-oppression. History of ART+FEMINISM, our challenges, failures, and triumphs that attendees can apply to their own organizing work. Updates on the work being done to confront the gender gap on Wikipedia.
- Theme of presentation
- Community organizing
- Social justice
- Gender gap
- Multi-location edit-a-thons
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Celestinesucess (talk) 22:14, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- --ولاء (talk) 05:37, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Zeinebtakouti (talk) 19:26, 4 November 2019 (UTC)